Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.8.8  (Read 72972 times)

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.2.0
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2019, 02:57:23 PM »

New version, NPE fixed - try it, I dare you! And now you can do upgrades on planet/station, where you can repair your fleet.
https://bitbucket.org/Iridescens/extrasystemreloaded/downloads/Extra%20System%20Reloaded%20v.0.2.0.zip
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:28:35 PM by Iridescens »

Boot Virus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.2.0
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2019, 10:57:48 AM »

What's this? An update, and all I had to do was to wait until someone else did it? I guess I'm just that good.

On a serious note, thanks, Iridescens, for continuing to work on this mod. The week is finally over and I hope I'll get enough time to start a new playthrough with it and try it out.

My suggestion is, if one ability is buffed, another one should be nerfed...

I think that while this may be a good idea on paper, it will introduce another level in complexity of upgrades and will lead to more tedious balancing work that will not necessarily improve the actual gameplay. I'd say that the current "only better" upgrade system is fine, as long as AI gets to use it as well.

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.3.0
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 05:48:04 AM »

First of Spring Update!

Ship quality upgrades are here! Prepare your walletsbank accounts, admirals... Visit better industrial worlds for a better service for your creds, though.
Just remeber, when you get your "precious" disabled or destroyed in combat, say farewell to all those improvements. Space is a harsh place, y'know...
https://bitbucket.org/Iridescens/extrasystemreloaded/downloads/Extra%20System%20Reloaded%20v.0.3.0.zip
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:51:43 AM by Iridescens »

WOWOWO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2019, 03:57:19 AM »

Sorry, I found the upgrade quality did not work in my personal test

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2019, 05:11:02 PM »

:o Could you be more specific as what exactly is not working? Step-by-step, if possible. Thank you.

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.3.1
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2019, 08:32:25 AM »

Boot Virus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2019, 04:28:33 AM »

Well, the good news is - the update worked. Otherwise, well... I made a very spicy purple meatball. (https://imgur.com/a/KN8ISxF)

The quality upgrade menu also strips the common upgrades already installed just by opening a ship in it, and does so without any warning. I think it would be better if you can make the mod calculate them retroactively (as in, give the same end numbers for any sequence of ship and quality updates), which then will make it easier to use the mod - no need to think what you have to upgrade first, you can upgrade anything and get there eventually.

One thing that annoyed me from the first iteration of this mod is that you can't see the upgrade quality of the mothballed ships. In fact, you can't know the upgrade quality until you open the ship in the upgrade menu. I suspect the way the mod works is that it keeps track of ship's API - which doesn't change with reloads or exploding of the battlefield - but does the check only in the menu, and doesn't keep track of any upgrades that were attached to the ship (and thus they are lost when the ship explodes). If you can make the mod show the upgrades without having to open the menu - say, when you look at them in the market - and make losing upgrades after ship's death an option, rather than an inevitability, that would make using the mod easier.

Other small changes I think are appropriate:
1. Change the ratio of upgrades for destroyers and cruisers to 6.66% and 5.33% per level respectively. Right now they get a shadow buff of 20% at full upgrade level, and they really don't need it (combined with up to 50% upgrade buff from quality as well). I mean, right now the whole mod makes ships OP, making some ship classes even stronger will just make any attempts at balancing harder.
2. Change the ratio of resources needed for upgrades.
I suspect it wasn't updated since 0.7, and after the economy changes the values and quantities of many resources in the market has changed dramatically. My pet peeve would be volatiles - in 0.7 they were on the level of metals at ~30 bucks and quantities easily above 1000, in 0.9 they are at ~250 and with quantities of 100-600, rarely more. I think heavy machinery is also affected (nowadays it's needed for exploration as well), but I don't know the numbers.

The more I think about it, the better the just-buy-it-with-money option sounds. Will have to limit buying upgrades to work only in ports, although that doesn't sound like a bad idea - as is, with the amount of resources required, I rarely if ever find myself upgrading ships outside of friendly harbors.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:19:02 AM by Boot Virus »

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 02:11:55 PM »

Well, the good news is - the update worked. Otherwise, well... I made a very spicy purple meatball. (https://imgur.com/a/KN8ISxF)
Mmm, yummy! In a serios note, I left an easter egg (WTF?!) and you just spoiled it for everyone.
The quality upgrade menu also strips the common upgrades already installed just by opening a ship in it.
That was not intended and should be considered as a bug. Will look into it.
One thing that annoyed me from the first iteration of this mod is that you can't see the upgrade quality of the mothballed ships. In fact, you can't know the upgrade quality until you open the ship in the upgrade menu.
I am afraid that is not possible, I've asked Alex and he told that market UI code is not moddable. @Insert Boromir here@"One just can't change that market overlay window"
You CAN see ship's quality in fleet view, hovering over the CR bar at the top left, just right of ships ribbon. Have to F1 to get details. Not sure if ship gets its quality this early, however, prior to entering ES menus.
and make losing upgrades after ship's death an option, rather than an inevitability, that would make using the mod easier.
But that would take away all the !!FUN!! (shameless Dwarf Fortress joke here). Also, I'm not sure this will work smoothely with recoverability checks.
will just make any attempts at balancing harder
Balancing? What's that? ;D
2. Change the ratio of resources needed for upgrades.
That's tedious, eventually I will change 'em, meanwhile you can propose your ratios to me.
Will have to limit buying upgrades to work only in ports
Did you notice, that convinient CTRL+Q shortcut will be gone soon?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:14:40 PM by Iridescens »

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2019, 09:42:28 PM »

I like this mod, helps me fixes some few problems with certain ships like burning too much supplies or too slow to chase slightly smaller fleets. My only complain is that it's U.I. is tedious. For example, upgrading a ship's durability require's you to spam clicks or use the keyboard. At first its no big deal since you just click on the same spot over and over again until you run out of materials or maxed it out. Then you upgrade the next one which requires you to click on the next option, confirm, and sends you back to the upgrade list again. Its all fine and all but doing this process repeatedly becomes annoying and time consuming.

My suggestions is that instead of sending the user back to the upgrade selection, just send them back to the confirmation part. That way, not many materials gets wasted due to erroneous clicking/key spamming.

I also find upgrading the ship's grade's U.I. is tedious as well. Since the selection limits you to 5 ships per page, you have to change pages. No issue there, the problem is that if the ship you are upgrading is at the end of the list, after an upgrade, it sends you back to the ES's main menu.

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.3.2
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2019, 07:32:46 AM »

-Fixed: Quality upgrades purging the Ship upgrade levels. Levels persist now through all processes. Please test thoroughly and report with feedback.
-Fixed: reduced key spamming needed to get ship Q-upped. Now there is an option to navigate to last opened page after ship Q-up.
-Fixed: No more hidden +20% levels buff for Destroyers and Cruisers.
https://bitbucket.org/Iridescens/extrasystemreloaded/downloads/Extra%20System%20Reloaded%20v.0.3.2.zip
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:35:32 AM by Iridescens »

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 02:38:53 PM »

-Fixed: Quality upgrades purging the Ship upgrade levels. Levels persist now through all processes. Please test thoroughly and report with feedback.
-Fixed: reduced key spamming needed to get ship Q-upped. Now there is an option to navigate to last opened page after ship Q-up.
-Fixed: No more hidden +20% levels buff for Destroyers and Cruisers.
https://bitbucket.org/Iridescens/extrasystemreloaded/downloads/Extra%20System%20Reloaded%20v.0.3.2.zip

Any chance of getting a maximum upgrade selection as opposed to manually clicking on each one and leveling one level at a time? Or at least a slider of some sort?

ChaosRemnant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2019, 07:16:42 AM »

Does 0.3.2 work with the 0.9.1 version of starsector?

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2019, 07:15:56 AM »

Does 0.3.2 work with the 0.9.1 version of starsector?

Yes

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2019, 06:50:07 AM »

Any chance of getting a maximum upgrade selection as opposed to manually clicking on each one and leveling one level at a time? Or at least a slider of some sort?
Hm, did you see any mod that have that sort of convenience? If you do, please tell me.
As of now, I can't find a way to do that via in-game dialogs.
BTW, have you experienced any bugs/"balance" issues?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:42:13 AM by Iridescens »

haxorebin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2019, 02:35:15 AM »

I put the Ordnance Point line in there, but Netbeans/IntelliJ can't find symbol/recognize it. Can you please help me to fix this issue?

Code
member.getStats().getShipOrdnancePointBonus().modifyPercent(Es_LEVEL_FUNCTION_ID, hullSizeFactor*level*1.5f);

Output message error:
Code
warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 7
warning: [options] source value 7 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] target value 7 is obsolete and will be removed in a future release
warning: [options] To suppress warnings about obsolete options, use -Xlint:-options.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\ExtraSystemReloaded\jars\src\data\scripts\campaign\Es_ShipLevelFleetData.java:129: error: cannot find symbol
                                        member.getStats().getShipOrdnancePointBonus().modifyPercent(Es_LEVEL_FUNCTION_ID, hullSizeFactor*level*1.5f);
  symbol:   method getShipOrdnancePointBonus()
1 error
4 warnings
BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:57:36 PM by haxorebin »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11