Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla - v1.2.4 Balancing  (Read 348448 times)

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »

I guess you're talking about the Charon? Yeah I'm disappointed too, Ground support effect is the same than for a cruiser... I plan to recycle the ship into something else
Not just Charon, all ships of this type in general. Maybe you can just mod this hullmod to scale, or\and made same sort of hullmod? Something like bonus to ground operation effectiveness with diminishing returns and ship size scale (like salvage gauntry, but with different numbers ofc). Btw its will be nice to have mod\ship with bonus to bombardment strengh too. I really think what in modded game we need this sort of ships sometimes.
Imho its better for Charon to be niche late game ship for conquest and raids than another warship.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2020, 11:48:31 PM »

Duplicating the Ground Support Package hullmod and making an adjusted-bonus version of it is easy-peasy, I've done it in DaRa for a couple of frigate-scale ground support vehicles where the regular vanilla GSP would be way overpowered - my lighter version provides a max bonus of 40 compared to the vanilla one's 100. It's easy enough to do and (as long as you give it a different name, even if similar) you shouldn't need to worry about confusing players too much.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2020, 03:45:37 AM »

as long as you give it a different name, even if similar
I vote for superground megasupport package!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2020, 11:46:34 PM »

Heh, well the downscaled DaRa version is just "Ground Support Kit", so I can't really push for something any less unoriginal. ;D

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2020, 01:23:00 PM »

"Planetary Invasion Module" - having everything from weapon surplus, maintenance kits, mobile kitchens for soldiers and spacious command room for proper planet scale soldier movement coordination and direction.

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2020, 05:06:48 PM »

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2020, 09:47:53 AM »

Thanks for the kind words!
I ever tried Missing ships mod (I should try it), but Disassemble Reassemble was a huge motivator for me to start modding, and I make sure that SGM ships don't interfere with those of DR: if a ship with a specific design already occurs in DR, I try to not make one with a similar design in SGM. SGM is envisioned to be complementary to DR.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2020, 03:30:46 AM »

I've found some capitalization problems on some of your weapon names and a typo, which is the "Lotop ACM laucher" (sic). The descriptions of some of the things certainly need work on proofreading.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2020, 08:20:10 AM »

I've found some capitalization problems on some of your weapon names and a typo, which is the "Lotop ACM laucher" (sic). The descriptions of some of the things certainly need work on proofreading.

Yep, definitively agree. Since english is not my main language, I only do the best I can, which is sometimes not enough. Still, another forum member DiM, had made great effort to kindly check most descriptions for proofreading. If you find anything specific I will add the necessary correction.

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2020, 08:47:24 AM »

Is it possible to update to fix version checker issue? There's an issue with version file being unreacheble on bitbucket after recent bitbucket change AFAIK.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 06, 2020, 07:20:21 AM »

Yep, definitively agree. Since english is not my main language, I only do the best I can, which is sometimes not enough. Still, another forum member DiM, had made great effort to kindly check most descriptions for proofreading. If you find anything specific I will add the necessary correction.

Oh, and also, the Triumph ship has one miscolored engine and its description is screwed up.
EDIT: And another thing, is the Ivree system supposed to show up in Nexerellin, especially in random sector mode?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 01:51:49 AM by adimetro00 »

Kraosdada

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2021, 08:32:47 AM »

Hey there. Are you still active? I like your mod. It's simple, yet unique at the same time. Will you update to the new version? A certain database_error would be a perfect fit for the new [VERY REDACTED] stuff.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2021, 12:05:41 PM »

I love this mod too, hope it will be updated soon.

fireelder

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2021, 10:17:10 AM »

Its possible to force work it.
i edited the mod_info file in Stop Gap Measure folder . Changed the version from 0.91 to 0.95.
In the modnenu its red but still works.
Is working fine for the last 10 hours.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2021, 01:49:06 PM »

Hey guys,
Thanks for your interest in this mod.
I've not played enough the new version yet to start migrating SGM to 0.95. I will need some time to do it. To be honest, I made the mistake of working on this mod the way people wanted me to do it, and not the way I wanted to. So some parts of the mod will probably be downgraded now, because I don't really care about it and don't want to spend hours on it to make it work.
I hope to deliver the mod in the few next weeks or months.

However, if you encounter any major problem with the mod right now, please report themm to me as it will speed up the process
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17