Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla - v1.2.4 Balancing  (Read 348475 times)

Zoro89

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2019, 02:36:23 AM »

You mentioned that you removed the cluster launcher, does this mean it will be incompatible with previous save files?

I think it's incompatible. I got error if I load the save game with the new version. So I will use this version for next new game.

dis astranagant

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2020, 07:10:16 PM »

Got this on startup

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2020, 08:41:41 AM »

A few descriptions have errors:
The Triumph uses some weird double quotations that causes the game to cut it off there. Re-typing the quotations myself fixed it so maybe it has something to do with your OS and your keyboard/input settings. Maybe use single quotations to be safe?
Every single occurrence of the word "AI wars" is mistakenly written as "IA wars".
The Era (LC) has a typo where the word version is missing it's n.
Tri-Tachyon is spelled Try-Tachyon in the description of the Arbitrator.
Plasma cannon is spelled plasma canon in the description of the plasma caster.
The Charon also has an error where a placeholder (...) is in the place of its name.
The Cossack has a typo where the word true is missing its last letter e.

And something else i'd like to say is that there is another cruiser with the name "Zenith" over at the Ship and Weapon pack mod. While not really a problem, I have came up with a better name for your Zenith. Since your version is based on the Apogee... why not name it Apozee? It inherits the letter Z from its former name while merging it together with the base hull, and makes the ship appear right under the Apogee in the codex.

EDIT:I will attach my CSV which I've fixed some typos and some grammar and wording that didn't make sense to me. I am also not a native english speaker so I may have made some text worse which I hope not.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:03:22 AM by mora »

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2020, 12:24:07 PM »

Or mayby Pinnacle, if we want to use synonym.

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2020, 01:31:54 PM »

Apotheosis would have the benefits of adjacency and also being a related term, but there are a ton of fun words to mean "the highest point" or "the best".

That said, refresh my memory one what the SWP Zenith is? I play with both (when I last had time to play, that is), but only remember the Apogee based Zenith.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »

That said, refresh my memory one what the SWP Zenith is? I play with both (when I last had time to play, that is), but only remember the Apogee based Zenith.

High-tech cruiser.

MajorTheRed has been pretty good at ignoring advice to change ship names to avoid collisions with other mods... :P With all due respect, it would be nice to see that change.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2020, 10:03:55 PM »

That's a bit unfair  :-[, since most duplicated names seems to be related to later mods ( Vayra split mods) or out-of-date ones (Knights Templar). But I may be mistaken. Bye the way I don't know who took the effort of putting SGM names in the common file, but a big thank you to him. The Zenith is clearly a miss from my part, I was indeed told about it but then this problem got buried under other stuff.... For the others, since I'm only playing a few mods I'm only paying attention to those ones (which doesn't include Ship and Weapons Pack). I will put them on my update list but to be fair I will wait for the next update to work on the mod.

Many thanks mora for the typos, I will include them

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2020, 02:07:32 AM »

My apologies Major, I didn't mean to offend. Regardless, whether a mod is outdated or not, it's good practise to leave the name to that mod as authors do come back to things. Knights Templar we know is not discontinued, it'll be back in time. And I still have the name Triumph from The Silent Armada set aside for its potential revitalizing.

Gear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2020, 11:07:01 AM »

Hey I just wanted to confirm,the Copernic (A) Doesn't have the survey and solar shielding hullmods, is that intended?

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2020, 05:25:20 AM »

My apologies Major, I didn't mean to offend. Regardless, whether a mod is outdated or not, it's good practise to leave the name to that mod as authors do come back to things. Knights Templar we know is not discontinued, it'll be back in time. And I still have the name Triumph from The Silent Armada set aside for its potential revitalizing.

OK, thanks for this precisions, I will made the adjustements :)

Hey I just wanted to confirm,the Copernic (A) Doesn't have the survey and solar shielding hullmods, is that intended?

Yes it's intended, it's more a second-line destroyer since it got a few more OP to spend on weapons and flux. Maybe I can add a sentence to precise this in its description.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2020, 07:28:12 AM »

Question when i have looked the "Already used names", not issue when you use name from a 0.8 mod, i think, but you use already name about 2 from Knight Templar (ok, 0.8, but certainly will be updated someday and from DR) and you use Minos from Shadowyard. Maybe you have forget to update the name of them on the google spreadsheets? x)
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2020, 07:55:04 AM »

Question when i have looked the "Already used names", not issue when you use name from a 0.8 mod, i think, but you use already name about 2 from Knight Templar (ok, 0.8, but certainly will be updated someday and from DR) and you use Minos from Shadowyard. Maybe you have forget to update the name of them on the google spreadsheets? x)

Well, it's someone else who updated the google spreadsheets  :-[ I never did it (and my thanks to him, by the way!). But yeah, next time Alex put a new release and I dive again in Starsector, name conflicts are on the top of the to-do list for the next SGM update.

Oh, and maybe for the record, I never really felt that people where using SGM, never got so much feed back in the beginning. So I never had the impression other players had problems with name conflicts since I was wondering at that time if any player was really using SGM (yeah it may sound silly).

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 04, 2020, 03:09:42 AM »

Can Triumph be changed to "combat" role? Now if you click him attack - he just send fighters. Dunno about how it work, but i wish what he work like most warships with few bays. Most of times he stay behind, use rockets and fighters (with agressive officer and vs inferior ships), like most carriers do, while all his guns stay silent (i even try to install 1200+ range guns from different mods on him).

Also, i wish ground support upgrade can scale with ship size. Right now if feel useless on bigger ships =\

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2020, 09:18:14 AM »

Can Triumph be changed to "combat" role? Now if you click him attack - he just send fighters. Dunno about how it work, but i wish what he work like most warships with few bays. Most of times he stay behind, use rockets and fighters (with agressive officer and vs inferior ships), like most carriers do, while all his guns stay silent (i even try to install 1200+ range guns from different mods on him).

Noted, thanks for noticing it.

Also, i wish ground support upgrade can scale with ship size. Right now if feel useless on bigger ships =\

I guess you're talking about the Charon? Yeah I'm disappointed too, Ground support effect is the same than for a cruiser... I plan to recycle the ship into something else

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2020, 06:49:21 PM »

Triumph-class remind me Kite i used to fly when i was a kid :)

And btw, thanks for the mod!
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17