Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla - v1.2.4 Balancing  (Read 348447 times)

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »

Got an error at loading screen.

Fatal: Ship hull spec[filegap_copernic_p] not found!

Thanks for reporting. Did it happen at a specific time? For example, did you load a game from a previous version with the new one installed? The Copernic (P) has been retired from the mod.

For some reason Tri-Tachyon has tons of Pyrrhocorax in their fleets for me, like it's become the most used ship for them.

For now I don't understand why it happens. I will test a bit from my side. Thannks for reporting.

Next version is roughly half-way. I trying to fix a lot of small bothering thing like the new Copernic too much used, Opporunity not available and this kind of thing.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2019, 04:38:42 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the cause of the issue with too many of certain ships, but I noticed that several of your .faction files contain empty arrays. In Starsector 0.9a RC10, the json merging logic was changed in a way that can cause problems when using empty arrays. Specifically, if a json file contains an empty array then it basically erases whatever values were there before (instead of ignoring the empty array like it did in previous versions). For more details, check the wiki at https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/0.9a_Compatibility (there's a section related to this problem at the bottom of that page).

Just as an example of how this could impact AI fleet composition, I believe this section in your tritachyon.faction file erases the list of priority ships in vanilla's tritachyon.faction file:
Code
    # listing ships here will make the faction mostly use them even if other hulls become available
    "priorityShips":{
        "tags":[],
        "hulls":[
        ],
    },
This could explain why the Tri-Tachyon fleets don't have quite as many Harbingers, Afflictors, Dooms, etc. as expected...

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2019, 07:19:32 PM »

Hum seems a good explanation. Interestingly, the merging consider only the arrays which are in both files. That mean that since I didn't need adding weapons speciffically, all factions keep the list from vanilla since I didn't added arrays in the files of the mod.
I will publish an update tomorrow

Cheru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2019, 10:47:30 PM »

Thanks for reporting. Did it happen at a specific time? For example, did you load a game from a previous version with the new one installed? The Copernic (P) has been retired from the mod.

As far as I can remember, I haven't this mod installed before that. It crashes right after I launch the game itserf, right after the loading screen shows up.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2019, 01:01:59 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the cause of the issue with too many of certain ships, but I noticed that several of your .faction files contain empty arrays. In Starsector 0.9a RC10, the json merging logic was changed in a way that can cause problems when using empty arrays. Specifically, if a json file contains an empty array then it basically erases whatever values were there before (instead of ignoring the empty array like it did in previous versions). For more details, check the wiki at https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/0.9a_Compatibility (there's a section related to this problem at the bottom of that page).

Just as an example of how this could impact AI fleet composition, I believe this section in your tritachyon.faction file erases the list of priority ships in vanilla's tritachyon.faction file:
Code
    # listing ships here will make the faction mostly use them even if other hulls become available
    "priorityShips":{
        "tags":[],
        "hulls":[
        ],
    },
This could explain why the Tri-Tachyon fleets don't have quite as many Harbingers, Afflictors, Dooms, etc. as expected...

Wow, well this could definitely explain it, and it's not the only mod doing this.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2019, 02:09:55 PM »

V0.74 Release

Here is a new version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgsx8xki0iwwsc8/Stop_Gap_Measure_0_74.rar?dl=0

v0.74
-New ship: Impaler fast destroyer
-2 new secrets
-Removed Carcajou frigate
-Tried to fix all variant and spawning problems related with .faction files
-Adjusted probability of variants for most ships

Most changes will not appears obviously, because they are minor modifications on factions files to ensure vanilla ships are still well represented. As some of you have read, the way that faction files merge is not so evident, even if once you know how it works it's quite simple to implement.
The Carcajou was removed because the high-tech Frigate class is actually crowded, and lots of others mods further add similar ships.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2019, 06:45:15 AM »

Attempting to open the file in 7-zip throws out an error at me, and its fine with other .rar's.

Anyone else having this problem?

E: Asked in discord and others are fine, problem is on my end.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:52:11 AM by Thyrork »
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

haloguy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2019, 09:51:07 AM »

Attempting to open the file in 7-zip throws out an error at me, and its fine with other .rar's.

Anyone else having this problem?

E: Asked in discord and others are fine, problem is on my end.

Yeah I'm having this problem too.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2019, 06:26:39 AM »

I can't seem to find a link to download the file now. I can browse the folders but that's it.

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2019, 11:04:04 AM »

simply change dl=0 to  dl=1 instead and you'll get direct link
works with anything in dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgsx8xki0iwwsc8/Stop_Gap_Measure_0_74.rar?dl=1
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2019, 11:15:27 AM »

Thanks!

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2019, 08:19:38 AM »

Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2019, 10:07:48 AM »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/187635036525166592/553966760320172032/unknown.png

The Arbitrator being refereed to as the Revenant .

Thanks, these little bits remaining from old version are hard to spot!

For Dropbox, I don't understand why it happens. I always test the download link prior to posting it, and I download it on another computer after that, and it works fine. But if someone else has any idea, I'll be glad to test it.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2019, 12:40:08 PM »

For Dropbox, I don't understand why it happens. I always test the download link prior to posting it, and I download it on another computer after that, and it works fine. But if someone else has any idea, I'll be glad to test it.

To help folks on Discord, I had to download your mod, unpack it, then pack it into .zip archive, afterwards there was no problems with unpacking, mod worked properly.
If someone doesn't have WinRar or similar program which recognizes .rar files, they will have problem with unpacking your mod.
Windows recognizes .zip files without any other software, so saving your mod in .zip archive will be better for end user.

Problem with people not being able to unpack your mod may have to do archive format you're saving the mod in.
Maybe because you're using RAR5 format instead of RAR?
Spoiler
[close]

I did test it out, downloaded your mod.
Made 3 archives which I sent to another user to test if it worked for them.
.zip - unpacked properly
.rar (saved with RAR format) - unpacked properly
.rar (saved with RAR5 format) - error when unpacking
Person in question was using 7zip.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2019, 02:07:39 PM »

I'm using 7zip and had no issue unpacking. Make sure you use the 64bit version.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17