Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla - v1.2.4 Balancing  (Read 348433 times)

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla - More ships!
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2022, 07:29:18 AM »

A little heads up you might want to look for a replacement name for the Apex since it'll be used for a new [REDACTED] ship according to the last blog post

Thanks for the heads up I'm definitely bad noticing these names conflicts.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2022, 09:01:02 AM »

A little heads up you might want to look for a replacement name for the Apex since it'll be used for a new [REDACTED] ship according to the last blog post

Thanks for the heads up I'm definitely bad noticing these names conflicts.

Nah bro technically it's not a naming conflict yet, dw about it  ;D

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2022, 06:11:39 PM »

I think you need to make it so the remnant and derelict AI ships you mod adds can be captured with ai ships skill.

Emodan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2022, 09:02:58 PM »

hello MajorTheRed
i have recently been working on a pet project and maybe sometime in the distant future I would like to use some of your ships in a XIV reskin mod...
is it alright with you if i do post them or would you rather I not share them?
i will give all due credit

Please let me know about your decision: [email protected]

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2023, 11:18:28 AM »

Hope you come back.
Small note, I've seen a few weapons not made compatible with Nex Mining. For example, the "Heavy Mining Beam" has no mining power with Nex, which certainly throws me off.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2023, 02:50:56 AM »

Hope you come back.
Small note, I've seen a few weapons not made compatible with Nex Mining. For example, the "Heavy Mining Beam" has no mining power with Nex, which certainly throws me off.
Hey there Hopefall since it seems MajorTheRed is taking a well earned break and I saw your message. The Heavy Mining Beam is a real go-to for my ships that struggle with OP and use it a lot myself. Since you've been a nice contributor to my mods, I'll share my totally unofficial and not authorized by MajorTheRed in any way file for adding mining stats to the Era cruiser, mining beam and mining array. I added stats to those because in their descriptions they are listed as mining assets and if MajorTheRed has an issue with me sharing this publicly I will take it down.

Extract it and drop it in Stop Gap Measure 1.21\data\config and the Era/Era lc will have a stat of 18 mining strength, the Heavy mining beam a strength of 10 and the mining array a strength of 9.

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2023, 03:13:31 AM »

Hope you come back.
Hey there Hopefall since it seems MajorTheRed is taking a well earned break and I saw your message. The Heavy Mining Beam is a real go-to for my ships that struggle with OP and use it a lot myself. Since you've been a nice contributor to my mods, I'll share my totally unofficial and not authorized by MajorTheRed in any way file for adding mining stats to the Era cruiser, mining beam and mining array. I added stats to those because in their descriptions they are listed as mining assets and if MajorTheRed has an issue with me sharing this publicly I will take it down.

Extract it and drop it in Stop Gap Measure 1.21\data\config and the Era/Era lc will have a stat of 18 mining strength, the Heavy mining beam a strength of 10 and the mining array a strength of 9.
Really appreciate it, thanks.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2023, 04:26:46 AM »

Hope you come back.

Really appreciate it, thanks.
Hey anything I can do to help the rockhoppers out there is my pleasure, looks like six others d/l it so win/win :)

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla - v1.2.3 QoL
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2023, 03:20:59 PM »

So, this version is mostly about tidying a few things here and there. It's more a QoL version using the various feedback from people on this topic:
-Added Rugged Construction built-in mod to Porphyros
-Validated spawning of various ships
-(Re)Added the Babel
-Apex renamed to Auspicious
-Tantive has been removed
-Automated ships should now be salvageable with proper skill
-Mining values for Nexelerin

Most notorious change is the comaback of the civil version of the Mora. Also a big thank you for Dazs for adding mining value compatible with Nexelerin. With his blessing this is now fully integrated into SGM.

About the future:

Now, to be perfectly honest, without the people posting on SGM topic, 1.2.2 will not have been released so "soon" (and that's saying a lot). I started playing Starsector TEN years ago. Depending on how you envision life, it's a testament of how long it take to create a game alone, how "tedious" it might be to wait for any new release, but also how great is the game considering that with hundreds of hours of game the 10 USD it costed me 10 years ago was a great investment. Now, considering the points above, I'm growing tired of the game, which is fineI think. I'm was also more found of the post-apoc setting of the previous versions but the game is more and more "vanilla sci-fi" with every new release. I will make sure my mod is up to date until Starsector 1.0, but then we will see. Maybe it will fall into oblivion, maybe I will find a care-taker on this forum.
On the bright side, I'm planning another version of the mod once Alex release 0.96a. It will bring 3 more ships to the game (2 capitals + 1 cruiser). There will also be a significant effort to update ships variants according to their parent factions. The incoming "missile-update" will change a lot things. Maybe I will even create new weapons. So far I'm glad than no ship from SGM will become obsolete from the next "Capital ship" update.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2023, 07:15:09 PM »

So, this version is mostly about tidying a few things here and there. It's more a QoL version using the various feedback from people on this topic:
-Added Rugged Construction built-in mod to Porphyros
-Validated spawning of various ships
-(Re)Added the Babel
-Apex renamed to Auspicious
-Tantive has been removed
-Automated ships should now be salvageable with proper skill
-Mining values for Nexelerin

Most notorious change is the comaback of the civil version of the Mora. Also a big thank you for Dazs for adding mining value compatible with Nexelerin. With his blessing this is now fully integrated into SGM.

About the future:

Now, to be perfectly honest, without the people posting on SGM topic, 1.2.2 will not have been released so "soon" (and that's saying a lot). I started playing Starsector TEN years ago. Depending on how you envision life, it's a testament of how long it take to create a game alone, how "tedious" it might be to wait for any new release, but also how great is the game considering that with hundreds of hours of game the 10 USD it costed me 10 years ago was a great investment. Now, considering the points above, I'm growing tired of the game, which is fineI think. I'm was also more found of the post-apoc setting of the previous versions but the game is more and more "vanilla sci-fi" with every new release. I will make sure my mod is up to date until Starsector 1.0, but then we will see. Maybe it will fall into oblivion, maybe I will find a care-taker on this forum.
On the bright side, I'm planning another version of the mod once Alex release 0.96a. It will bring 3 more ships to the game (2 capitals + 1 cruiser). There will also be a significant effort to update ships variants according to their parent factions. The incoming "missile-update" will change a lot things. Maybe I will even create new weapons. So far I'm glad than no ship from SGM will become obsolete from the next "Capital ship" update.

I did NOT see this coming ngl, this mod has been a mainstay on my mod list
And this is kinda awkward since I readded the old Foundation to my own personal bootleg of the mod (for personal use ofc), it's just too good to be discarded and fits right in with the vanilla

Also if I might suggest:
1. Any plans for weapons balancing? Cause some (like the Hive) is seriously underpowered I made my own tweaks for it to be at least worth 2 swarmers in 1 slot (again, for personal use only)
2. A little heads up again, with the upcoming Pilum LRM Catapult, the Scorpius might be overshadowed/overlap with it so might want to tweak it to be more unique or remove it
3. Any plans for adding more illustrations? (maybe using AI? The drawn ones sure have soul though)

Nice work as always and happy to see you're around MajorTheRed!  ;D ;D

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2023, 03:50:00 AM »

What a nice surprise to wake up to and ty for the mention, always to glad to help. I do have two QOL suggestions: First being that the with the renaming of the Apex, the update is not save game compatible and a little mention of that would be helpful to players. Second is since you do not have a version checker file and the update is not posted on the unofficial discord, I missed the 1.2.2 update entirely and almost missed this one.

I think your work is worth making sure people know about it and just trying to be a helpful mammal.

TehGanker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 13, 2023, 11:30:17 AM »

Thanks for update! Greatest mod, i perform Lotop's volleys since discover it two years ago :)
It is any chance to get reworked/overhauled Herder ? He just resprited Drover for now, umm, planned some development for it ? Cant suggest, my vision of balance isn't competent, but there is no adequate support destro-carriers with pare hangars and large missile mount among tens of mods. Also we get large Pilum catapult soon...

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2023, 06:54:54 PM »

Yeah this is one of the best for Vanilla+, been using it every game.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2023, 05:00:10 AM »

Awesome, thank you for the update!
E: Was the system spawning in random sector fixed? o.O

Someone asked on Stop Gap Measure topic about removing spawning of Star systems added by the mod. I'm not playing Nexelerin myself (too weak laptop) but if you have any idea how to add a toggle option for spawning of star system to my mod (so it better blends in Nexelerin) I will be pleased to add it (as long as it's not over-complicated). Here is the detail someone post about it:

Is it possible to add a toggle for the systems added by the Mod? Utic and Byzos still spawn when using nex random sector and it plays hell with the random colonies. More often than not they'll be colonized by two factions at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 07:05:12 AM by Dadada »

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2023, 01:32:32 PM »

Also if I might suggest:
1. Any plans for weapons balancing? Cause some (like the Hive) is seriously underpowered I made my own tweaks for it to be at least worth 2 swarmers in 1 slot (again, for personal use only)
2. A little heads up again, with the upcoming Pilum LRM Catapult, the Scorpius might be overshadowed/overlap with it so might want to tweak it to be more unique or remove it
3. Any plans for adding more illustrations? (maybe using AI? The drawn ones sure have soul though)

Weapon balance is the main focus of next release, especially considering the new missile weaponry for the PL. Appreciate the details about what should be fixed as it helps me keep track of things.
What a nice surprise to wake up to and ty for the mention, always to glad to help. I do have two QOL suggestions: First being that the with the renaming of the Apex, the update is not save game compatible and a little mention of that would be helpful to players. Second is since you do not have a version checker file and the update is not posted on the unofficial discord, I missed the 1.2.2 update entirely and almost missed this one.

I think your work is worth making sure people know about it and just trying to be a helpful mammal.

Wooops, my bad :(
Version Checker was integrated a few years (!) before but probably got scrapped when I downgraded SGM to be easier to mod. I will add it for next update.

Thanks for update! Greatest mod, i perform Lotop's volleys since discover it two years ago :)
It is any chance to get reworked/overhauled Herder ? He just resprited Drover for now, umm, planned some development for it ? Cant suggest, my vision of balance isn't competent, but there is no adequate support destro-carriers with pare hangars and large missile mount among tens of mods. Also we get large Pilum catapult soon...

No exactely sure what you mean by reworking the Herder. The Herder will always be a copy-past of the Drover. It's just, I find the visual design of the Drover uninteresting at best

Awesome, thank you for the update!
E: Was the system spawning in random sector fixed? o.O

No unfortunately. The truth is I don't have the skills to implement that. If any one wants to add the necessary file for it I will gladly integrate it and give credit for it but I can't do it myself.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17