Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla - v1.2.4 Balancing  (Read 348468 times)

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2019, 12:45:26 AM »

And if the Contemptor need "skills and hull mods" to be a beast then I'm fine with that, as long it''s not OP from the start.

Nah, without skills and hull-mods, it's a tractor. It's one of the slowest ships, maybe even slowest cruiser, has bulky sides you can't protect with shields, and explodes when someone mentions flanking, as it has frontal mounted weapon and aforementioned bulky sides, and a huge tail. But I did not have it early game, as I have to make it myself. Also, I noticed that Dragoon is way more survivable than Cossack, even if they have almost identical stats. 

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2019, 12:22:51 AM »

I'm not sure about it so far: some ships and weapons are meant to be real treasures of the past (archeotech) which can have specific benefit which may feel OP. The price to pay is that they are hard to find (BP), need proper facility to build them, and some drawbacks (flux management or manoeuvring most often).

I was just making a general comment. I know nothing of the ship so cannot really say if its too strong.

I don't even know if the Contemptor, Dragoon, and cossack are in this mod. I have literally no clue what they are.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2019, 01:03:59 AM »

Cossack is low tier carrier , Dragoon is cruiser with same model but more weapons, Contemptor i think is not from this mod.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2019, 05:38:01 AM »

I was just making a general comment. I know nothing of the ship so cannot really say if its too strong.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't meant to be rude or offensive. Probably my english writing is sometime unvolontary harsh.
It was more like a general statement on how I envisioned some of the ships in my mod. I figured at some point that sometimes modders add ships that please them, but their concept can be nebulous to others players. And to be honest I'm glad you came with this comments on the Zenith, since I really need some feedbacks to balance the mod and comments are rather scarce.

The Contemptor is part of this mod, but part of special blueprints representing lost tech. Several ships (4-5) are currently nearly unavailable to any factions but can be acquired thanks to these blueprints, including the Contemptor, Dragoon, and Cossack

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2019, 12:58:25 PM »

You were neither rude nor offensive. I was just making myself clear because i thought i had not been :P

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2019, 12:09:26 PM »

No hard feelings, but hoplites and Luddic stuff should be in the base game.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2019, 06:58:54 AM »

Luddic Cathar cruiser should be in Luddic tech lvl , not low tech. Technically if someone want to make Ludd fleet, cant use Cathar , as it is low-tech. Mayby even name it Knight of Ludd Elite cruiser or something ,as it is one of best ships Ludd use.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2019, 08:22:31 AM »

Luddic Cathar cruiser should be in Luddic tech lvl , not low tech. Technically if someone want to make Ludd fleet, cant use Cathar , as it is low-tech. Mayby even name it Knight of Ludd Elite cruiser or something ,as it is one of best ships Ludd use.

It's related to the Luddic Blueprint, but it's still based on a low level technology. In fact all LC ships added in the mod appear as low or mid tech. They are still all included in the LC_bp

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »

would it be possible to add "civilian" hullmod to the copernic please? i run a fleet at max burn (the magic "20" once skills are set up right and i'm in overdrive) and i think militarized is cheaper than the augmented.

edit: just spotted an (A) class that is exactly what i needed. cheers. still, question remains: why not the 'civilian' hullmod for the non-A?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:03:20 PM by majorfreak »

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2019, 11:54:42 AM »

would it be possible to add "civilian" hullmod to the copernic please? i run a fleet at max burn (the magic "20" once skills are set up right and i'm in overdrive) and i think militarized is cheaper than the augmented.

edit: just spotted an (A) class that is exactly what i needed. cheers. still, question remains: why not the 'civilian' hullmod for the non-A?

Actually it's a good question. This ship is probably the one which saw the most changes other the different versions. I think in the beginning I didn't put Civilian Hull to represent the fact the hull will be insulated against several stellar hazard. But now, since it incorporates Solar Shielding I might give it the Civilian Hull mod. But in this case, for balance reason it should get a hit to its burn level :S

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2019, 02:58:26 PM »

does the matsar system do energy damage or something on accident? it says fragmentation but the ammount of flux that spikes on enemy shields when hitting them with it is ABSURD for fragmentation damage. it should only be 1.5K flux, since its 6 K damage per salvo multiplied by 25% cause its frag vs shield, but i fire 3 matsars and the enemy has completely overloaded, even with 22K flux capacity and 1.0 flux per damage shield modifier, when 3 matsars hit their mark its at like 80% flux capacity. idk if somethings wrong with how the damage is being calculated, but i think its worth checking out.

Trensicourt

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2019, 09:01:59 AM »

When is the mod going to get version checker support?

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2019, 05:49:05 PM »

does the matsar system do energy damage or something on accident? it says fragmentation but the ammount of flux that spikes on enemy shields when hitting them with it is ABSURD for fragmentation damage. it should only be 1.5K flux, since its 6 K damage per salvo multiplied by 25% cause its frag vs shield, but i fire 3 matsars and the enemy has completely overloaded, even with 22K flux capacity and 1.0 flux per damage shield modifier, when 3 matsars hit their mark its at like 80% flux capacity. idk if somethings wrong with how the damage is being calculated, but i think its worth checking out.

My bad, I completely forgot to anser you... Okay, so the main head is giving fragmentation damage, before it splits. However, the main damage (energy) is dealt by the 6 warheads, but since warheads have their stats listed in another file than the main missile, only the later has its damage type listed. Following some other comments, I changed the way the Large mount reload: 8 missiles in stock, larger cooldown, infinite payload but long to reload new ammo.

When is the mod going to get version checker support?

Next version, which hopefully I will release before New Year...

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2019, 09:28:20 AM »

Merry Christmas every one!

This is a new version for Stop Gap Measure.
Mostly cleaning-up stuff and preparing for new content to come. Here is the main interests:
-Compatible with Version checker
-1 New weapons (Swarm medium mount)
-3 New ships (dropship, midline destroyer, salvage corvette)
-Luddic Church starting option a bit more relevant (still need a bit of work but at least it playable)

Charon Dropship

This one is a bit of a flat, has the Ground Support Package is not really interesting on capital ships, but it will be used for something else later

Nitassinan

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact I love the Venture...

Minor things for mod users:
-Background images for Bythinia and abandoned platform in Utic (is part of a plan to practice speedpainting)
-Remove cluster launcher
-Tweak a few details about the Zenith, Era, Contemptor and Matsar based on feedback from players

So, nothing really big for the players, but some of them were really important for me (and painfull to create in a way), i.e. the backgrounds and the Luddic start option

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »

You mentioned that you removed the cluster launcher, does this mean it will be incompatible with previous save files?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17