Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Persean Chronicles, a quest mod  (Read 136999 times)

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Persean Chronicles, a quest mod
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2024, 12:07:30 PM »

- Recompile to fix the end of the Riley quest crashing.

I wanted to finish 3.1.0 soon after 0.97a released, but got distracted working on other things instead. In the meantime, here's a belated hotfix so it's at least playable.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Seti

• Ensign
  • A friendly AI core
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2024, 11:22:04 AM »

Hi! I want to work on my own mod, and trying to add quests and something else, i looked at your file and i dont understand some things, is it possible for me to have some contact with you to help me understand how to add quests like you have done? I will credit you if i upload it
Can you help me buy some milk?

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2024, 11:25:52 AM »

Hi! I want to work on my own mod, and trying to add quests and something else, i looked at your file and i dont understand some things, is it possible for me to have some contact with you to help me understand how to add quests like you have done? I will credit you if i upload it

I strongly advise against trying to do quests the way I did. You should instead read https://fractalsoftworks.com/2023/11/13/you-merely-adopted-rules-csv-i-was-born-into-it/.

I spent a very, very long time building a custom quest system that's meant for me only, mostly because I enjoyed it. Trying to use it will take more time and be buggier than just learning to use rules.csv.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Seti

• Ensign
  • A friendly AI core
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2024, 11:32:28 AM »

I strongly advise against trying to do quests the way I did. You should instead read https://fractalsoftworks.com/2023/11/13/you-merely-adopted-rules-csv-i-was-born-into-it/.

I spent a very, very long time building a custom quest system that's meant for me only, mostly because I enjoyed it. Trying to use it will take more time and be buggier than just learning to use rules.csv.

So from what i understand I need: rules.cvs, portraits, and procgen if i want to add something custom?
Can you help me buy some milk?

WREN_PL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2024, 04:00:51 PM »

Hi, I've got a bug to report, after re-living the fight against the hegemony captain, my next battle opened on similarly small space map.

See attachment.

WREN_PL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2024, 04:34:14 PM »

Reloading the game fixed it
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]