Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Planet/outpost small scale visual simulation for invasion (rts feature?)  (Read 1017 times)

ThatSwoleGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

As of right now it is only a nexerelyn feature to invade planets/outposts, I think we all expect this will be a part of vanilla eventually, that being said one thing I am not seeing is a planetary invasion part of the game, it would be a VERY cool feature to have a visual simulation of a planetary/outpost battle with the Marines fighting each other.

It doesn't need to be any more complex than the graphic I have included showing a flash game called Field Command 3.

You could certainly add more visual detail, there could be elements like weapon/armor types varying depending upon faction, or it could simply be a visual of 60 marines fighting the defending force of 40.

There doesn't even necessarily need to be rts type control of these units, just watching them battle it out would be very cool and simple to implement.

[attachment deleted by admin]