Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: "Crew Under Strength" text changes colour depending on immediate threat to CR  (Read 2273 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Hopefully a simple suggestion. Since ships in your fleet take a penalty to their maximum CR while under-crewed - and the penalty is dynamic depending on how under-crewed they are - I'm sometimes confused by the relevant notifications appearing with the same... intensity, I guess, in all situations. I think the colour of the dialogues should show in a different colour depending on the immediate threat to your CR. If I'm only under-crewed by one or two personnel, show it in yellow; but if I'm about to take a much heavier hit to my fleet's CR, show it in red perhaps.

Ideally this would apply both to the "Crew Under Strength" text that shows up over under-crewed ships in the Fleet tab, and the initial campaign-view Intel message ("Not all ships are fully crewed" or something) you get upon losing crew/acquiring more ships than you can operate.

Sound fair enough?

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile

I think that's simple enough to get the point across quickly, without taking a look at how many crew you are missing and finding the ratio of that to CR.