Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Hotkey change combat speed  (Read 2931 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Hotkey change combat speed
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:13:51 PM »

Saw FallenShogun do something like that while streaming the tournament. Does anyone know how to to set this up, would really save some time in the battle mopup phase.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Hotkey change combat speed
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »

Saw FallenShogun do something like that while streaming the tournament. Does anyone know how to to set this up, would really save some time in the battle mopup phase.
I think it uses the phase time stuff but I'm not sure. And from what I think I remember Alex saying, it can make the game unstable
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:26:54 PM »

If it didn't crash during the tournament, I am willing to try.
 Hey I play modded STALKER, I am pretty used to occasional CTD's ;D.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »

Things feels different once game speed exceeds 2f.  I would prefer to set game speed to 2.5f or even 3f, but sounds do not always play at the expected time and at 3f or higher, animations like venting simply do not look right.

On the other hand, I cannot tolerate playing at the default of 1f - it is far too slow.  2f feels much better, but even then, much of the game is still a bit slow-paced for my liking (aside from Hyperion vs. Hyperion or Afflictor duels) even at double speed.

On an somewhat unrelated note, Endless Sky was recently updated to 0.9.7, and added a Caps Lock toggle for 3x speed (mainly to speed up travel).  The game is much more fun at triple speed, although late in the game after a build-up a giant fleet, the slowdown from so many objects simply offsets the time shift.  Needless to say, I set the game at triple speed and leave it on at nearly all times.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »

I actually tried a higher speed, and eventually projectiles start phasing through shields instead of impacting them.

I've seen that happen in my own projectile code in a few project's i've worked on, but if you use a line-trace, I really don't see how this could happen.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire