Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources  (Read 115771 times)

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Re: Spiral Arms II
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2022, 03:10:34 AM »

Yeah im looking to use the white ships, im having a mod made and well they fit the style i want for the ships. just need DrakonST to reply haha

Well, reply from DrakonST will take a while, considering what he left SS community.

i didn't know he left, well im not in a super rush and hes active often so just gotta play the waiting game now

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources
« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2022, 05:50:08 AM »

Yeah im looking to use the white ships, im having a mod made and well they fit the style i want for the ships. just need DrakonST to reply haha

Well, reply from DrakonST will take a while, considering what he left SS community.

i didn't know he left, well im not in a super rush and hes active often so just gotta play the waiting game now

You don't need to ask permission. The whole point in Spiral arms is that the sprites are unused or abandoned and can be used by anyone.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2022, 02:33:48 AM »

Yes, as BigBeans said this is topic for unused/abandoned stuff, and if someone releases something here its means what its author already given permission to use, its more like Sprite Dump, where people toss sprites which they won't use but its just sad just to delete them. And speaking of Drakon_ST, he told in Russian Discord what he simply lost interest in SS, mostly because he as old player didn't liked how game development went from 06 versions to 095, (I'm new player, but I heard what many old players who played SS from 06 versions, often complain about broken game balance in new versions, especially Russian ones), you won't get his permission just by waiting here, only if you try contacting him directly.

I kinda used his sprites too in personal mod, mostly Low Tech and High Tech stuff, which I didn't uploaded yet. (I'm not sure if I will).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 02:36:08 AM by BreenBB »

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2022, 05:01:58 AM »

Yes, as BigBeans said this is topic for unused/abandoned stuff, and if someone releases something here its means what its author already given permission to use, its more like Sprite Dump, where people toss sprites which they won't use but its just sad just to delete them. And speaking of Drakon_ST, he told in Russian Discord what he simply lost interest in SS, mostly because he as old player didn't liked how game development went from 06 versions to 095, (I'm new player, but I heard what many old players who played SS from 06 versions, often complain about broken game balance in new versions, especially Russian ones), you won't get his permission just by waiting here, only if you try contacting him directly.

I kinda used his sprites too in personal mod, mostly Low Tech and High Tech stuff, which I didn't uploaded yet. (I'm not sure if I will).

The problem is, his sprites (DrakonST) and some of HELMUT's specifically needs approval to be used, it even says in the beginning of the post. also been told from other well know mod makers that i need to get permission to use his stuff. I appreciate the replies but id rather not just use them and then have to remove them if he doesnt end up wanting to give me permission.

charmingthreeII

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2022, 06:50:41 PM »

hello its me charmingthree, I forgor my password and email after like almost a year. anyway here's what's basically a conquest redesign I made a while back that I remember being really proud of but didn't feel like going through the effort of turning into an actual ship in the game, so hopefully someone else can give it a home in the sector :)

Eomdor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2022, 09:41:01 PM »

Some very old sprites I made for myself. I actually finished with custom weapons and working ship files but they are probably horribly outdated by now so Im posting only the images in case someone likes the low effort sprites for anything.

charmingthreeII

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2022, 05:52:03 PM »

Spoiler

"Mattatron"

"Bellator"
(and a crusty XIV skin attempt)

"Folkvang"

"Jackal"
[close]

« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:34:36 AM by charmingthreeII »

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2022, 01:56:34 PM »

This stuff's pretty cool.  Don't worry, I'll update the thread's first page, eventually ;)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2022, 08:50:30 AM »

Feel free to USE any of this, https://imgur.com/a/cwGOoa3

Janitor101

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2022, 10:10:39 PM »

I got personally increasingly bothered that there was only the lowtech Ox for a tug option, so I went looking for sprites and found this thread, Spent about an hour or two in photoshop to create something that could pass as a hightech range tug. if anyone wants to use it. Feel free, I sourced everything from this thread and the vanilla sprites, its a first go, so its probably pretty rough, unfortunately I had a Photoshop crash and lost the PSD file, so this is the one and only attempt for this particular sprite.

Chaperone Class Tug maybe? IDK.

Credits to:
Spoiler
Star Sector Phaeton Tanker (tanker bitz)
Passwalker (main hull)
Passwalker (little tanker bitz)
Xenoargh (engine/tractor arm bitz)
[close]

First post is making potential mod content, woooooo!

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2022, 11:58:51 PM »

Just figured I'd dump these unused sprites here. Credit appreciated but not required.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2022, 06:07:23 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
I'm taking this fellow, thanks; and I'm gonna rework it and publish it in DE(assuming that's allowed, but I suppose it technically is since this is spiral arms)

Gary0076

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2022, 02:35:38 PM »

first post on the forum

a high-tech frigate with three small weapon mounts based on the tempest

a cerberus kitbash with one medium weapon mount and two small weapon mounts/missile hardpoints

an unfinished high-tech destroyer(?), nicknamed "horseshoe crab". also comes with weaponless version

feel free to modify it to your liking. credit is optional but is recommended
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 05:31:18 PM by Gary0076 »

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2023, 08:23:52 AM »

I'm just gonna post these, since they've been lingering about for too long.
With Blue and Red already in functioning order to get updates, I don't think I could do more with them.

Give them a home, tidy them up and you get yourself a new faction.

Can I use these? (I know they are used on HIVER reskin and normal) however, they would be interesting to kitbash and I could reuse them into a mod am making!
(Also sorry for reposting the topic!)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2023, 10:02:36 PM »

Learning to use AI art tools. OFC, like every other art tech I've messed with, I just end up making a bunch of SS sprites, to see if I can get up to speed, lol.

I think that now that I know how to feed these things, I can make a fairly finished sprite with a fair amount of control over the design (that's the tricky part, imo; the AI is really prone to GIGO and good prompt data is essential) really fast (see last image).

AI Image Source Note: these images were all made with img2img prompts and the February build of MidJourney on Night Cafe, using the default model. Text prompts were probably something like, "spaceship, panel lines, greebles, small lights"

No, this doesn't mean a front-page update is imminent, unfortunately. I'll probably get to that next month, when I'm a bit less buried.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 03:54:53 PM by xenoargh »
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16