Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources  (Read 115779 times)

Lizzie

• Ensign
  • Don't ask me about paragons or onslaughts
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2020, 02:30:59 AM »

An odd tempest repaint that I wasn't sure where to go from, also a wolf repaint now

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:50:34 AM by Zen »

esciron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2020, 01:28:46 PM »

Hi, here's a couple of sprites i did to practice, made from the base game and other free to use sprites.
I hope i can get to a level where i can actually make some decent sprites and make a faction mod soon.  :)
I can also provide these without the paint job if someone wants them.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:53:31 PM by esciron »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2020, 03:17:02 PM »

The Victory is not a free to use sprite.

madal434

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2020, 11:01:06 AM »

Good afternoon all.
Is it possible to use the free sprites in other projects?
I understand and agree that credit must be given to the creators.
Thank you.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2020, 05:12:09 PM »

Good afternoon all.
Thank you.

1) By definition, the sprites within this thread are free to us, though authors will usually appreciate you asking anyway, especially since some sprites may be in use now by others.
2) Define "other projects"? Do you mean making your own Starsector mod, or making something outside of Starsector's game/community? If the latter, I think as a general rule that is advised against, but you can ask the Devs for specific permission there.

madal434

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2020, 09:58:00 AM »

Good afternoon all.
Thank you.

1) By definition, the sprites within this thread are free to us, though authors will usually appreciate you asking anyway, especially since some sprites may be in use now by others.
2) Define "other projects"? Do you mean making your own Starsector mod, or making something outside of Starsector's game/community? If the latter, I think as a general rule that is advised against, but you can ask the Devs for specific permission there.

I did mean something outside of starsector community, I think the artwork is very well done. The Star sector assets themselves would be off the table, but the kit bashed assets and artwork created without kit bashing? I'd think those would require the individual artists permission (or heck even a purchase for their use).

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2020, 02:15:01 PM »

The point is that kitbashed sprites USE sprite material from Starsector's core assets. That's what kitbashing is. So, those are still very much within the bounds of legal permission requirements. If you're using assets - kitbashed or stock - outside Starsector itself, you will need to ask for specific permission from the developers.

You are, of course, equally welcome to ask modders/spriters if they would provide specifically original art for your own efforts, that's perfectly fine, but in that case you may indeed find yourself doing it via commission.

madal434

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2020, 09:54:12 AM »

The point is that kitbashed sprites USE sprite material from Starsector's core assets. That's what kitbashing is. So, those are still very much within the bounds of legal permission requirements. If you're using assets - kitbashed or stock - outside Starsector itself, you will need to ask for specific permission from the developers.

You are, of course, equally welcome to ask modders/spriters if they would provide specifically original art for your own efforts, that's perfectly fine, but in that case you may indeed find yourself doing it via commission.
Understood,  I'm quite willing to go with commission based work, or paying for the original art that has been completed already.
Also thank you, and every one else, very much for the help. Now..the big question...how do I get in contact with some of these artists?  (guess my first part is to go through the art here and just go from there).  Thanks again everyone.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2020, 01:14:20 AM »

some old sprites that i no longer need, use for whatever.

frigates:

cruisers:

capital ships:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:28:03 PM by passwalker »
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2020, 01:22:52 AM »

Hi, here's a couple of sprites i did to practice, made from the base game and other free to use sprites.
I hope i can get to a level where i can actually make some decent sprites and make a faction mod soon.  :)
I can also provide these without the paint job if someone wants them.
Would it be possible to ask for versions without a paint job and without the mounts? I would appreciate it, as I think I could very much use them for a project I'm working on!

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2020, 02:03:17 AM »

Okay i didn't just slap a symmetrical theme this time (i kinda did). The base was a Vigilance.

Edit: i erased two of my previous posts because they aren't that good.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:39:33 AM by Dandlion68 »
All my ships are (as far as i know) either 'kitbashed' (heh) from vanilla ships, or hand-drawn by myself. They are free to use as long as you tell me which mod it's in so i can download them myself.

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2020, 03:42:22 AM »

Quick question, if i were to draw a fighter, do i draw the weapons?

Thanks
All my ships are (as far as i know) either 'kitbashed' (heh) from vanilla ships, or hand-drawn by myself. They are free to use as long as you tell me which mod it's in so i can download them myself.

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2020, 10:14:13 PM »

Who needs Torpedoes when you can have a Torpedrone?

Introducing the New-and-improvised [Insert Luddic Path Name]! Instead of having Fighters to attack enemies with guns, this one destroys them by ramming headfirst into their hulls, resulting in an explosive, well, Explosion!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:36:53 AM by Dandlion68 »

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2020, 09:08:25 AM »

Lobster.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:36:24 AM by Dandlion68 »

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2020, 10:52:13 PM »

Quick question, if i were to draw a fighter, do i draw the weapons?

Thanks

Generally yes, unless you want to include a missile (such as a torpedo) that would be visible until fired. General guns are typically drawn in, but they don't have to be. They probably shouldn't be drawn in if they are turrets- though this can be tricky to do depending on the weapon sprite size vs the fighter sprite size. Sometimes things have to be "implied underneath", etc.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16