Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources  (Read 115778 times)

Re-bot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2019, 04:54:59 PM »

I happened to make a low effort 14th battle group medusa paint job. Take it if you like it. I don't mind what you do with it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I may be insane but, I don't mind it to much.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2019, 03:39:55 PM »

some quick edit of drover, i think it ended up kinda cute:

and a phase onslaught:
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2019, 08:40:28 PM »

Old and busted

Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

SparraNova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2019, 03:20:50 AM »

Well, I got bored and for some reason decided to make a pair of Piratical kitbashes. However, as I'm awful at coding I've got no real use for them, so I figured I might as well throw them here.

I call this overweight freak of nature the Rhea, I imagined it as a sort of defensive carrier/logistics ship/loot hauler meant to compliment the Atlas 2 in a fight.

The second thing is an abomination I made as a challenge to myself to see if I could make an Onslaught entirely out of garbage. Thus, the Atrocislaught.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:44:55 AM by SparraNova »

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2019, 12:55:42 PM »

Wow, awesome new stuff here!  Thanks for all your contributions, I'll try and get them uploaded / cataloged soon!
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

SparraNova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2019, 04:04:56 AM »

Well, I decided to make a heap of Derelict drones, *might* actually try and use these for a proper Derelict Expansion thing if I can figure out how the Ship and Weapon editor works, but I'll throw 'em up here anyway.

Be warned, there's quite a few there.
Spoiler

The Castle-class Drone Dreadnought is a true *behemoth* of a ship, as big as two Onslaughts put together, this titan of the Domain's secret automated warfleets was designed with agression in mind, with it's myriad high rate-of-fire weapons and burn drive, the Castle is meant to ram into enemy formations and unleash countless munitions in every direction while they are disorganized.

The Garrison-class Carrier Drone is something of a filgap ship made to compensate for the lack of carrier support within the Domain's drone armadas, being basically just a Rampart drone with it's missile systems gutted and replaced with internal manufactories for producing expendable drone fighters, it's not the most impressive carrier, but it's relatively fast and can quickly replace losses from it's two drone wings.

The Barracks-class Carrier Drone, however, is a much more permenant solution to the Drone Armada's carrier problems. Being based on a fully-automated version of the Mora hull, the Barracks can carry a full fighter wings- thanks to not having to worry about pesky things like 'crew quarters' or 'life support', however, much like the hull it is based on, it is rather slow, and thus functions as a dedicated support carrier to the Garrison's light strike carrier.

The Crenelation-class Fighter Drone isn't much by itself, but it's dirt-cheap to replace and they come in massive numbers, and can easily carve a careless ship to peices for underestimating them.

The Embrasure-class Bomber Drone is a slow, clumsy and not all too durable thing, but it's torpedo payload is devastating, letting a horde of these things get close to your ship- reguardless of size- is a surefire way to find your hull full of holes in short order.

The Stockpile-class Logistics drone is a simple, automated logistics ship designed to keep the rest of the armada flying and as such is an all but unarmed wallowing sow that requires defense from it's fellow drones if attacked. Generally kept well away from the battle.

The Seige Tower-class Assault Lander Drone is perhaps the greatest symbol of the Domain's iron fisted grip over humanity. A fully automated planetary assault vehicle loaded to the brim with ancient tank drones, mech drones and aerospace drones, this monsterously illegal war machine is capable of landing and commanding an entire four batallions of combat drones in a planetary invasion... albeit, in a very pre-programmed and uncreative manner. Best used in vast numbers.

The Ram-class Phase Drone is a rarity among the Domain's secret armadas, with the far-less developed phase technology of the time, phase ships were far from the monsters that they are today, and thus the Ram was relegated to a role of disruption, phasing into enemy formations and causing chaos before- hopefully- phasing out again.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:08:23 AM by SparraNova »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2019, 01:25:01 PM »

The Crenelation-class Fighter Drone isn't much by itself, but it's dirt-cheap to replace and they come in massive numbers, and can easily carve a careless ship to peices for underestimating them.

Just a side note if you intend to carry this into an actual mod of your own: Maximum fighter wing size is 6, hardcoded. Bear it in mind.  ;)

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2019, 02:14:37 AM »

a low-tech phase paragon
might be currently used in some meme mod on discord
but i'll leave it here too, if only for reference sake
so you can look at it and wail in despair
because you will never be as cool as a low-tech phase paragon
with four holes for the price of one
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2019, 03:42:35 AM »

i'm here to ask you one question, and one question only... HOUNDS?!?!??!

upd: forgot one
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 04:53:25 PM by passwalker »

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2019, 12:35:47 PM »

Hounds! 

...this makes me want to do some pixel-art Hound conversions, lol.

Yes, I'll upload the art soon.  Just been super-busy over here lately :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2019, 09:19:51 PM »

I've been reworking Kadur, and that means it's time to post all the old *** from 2013 in case someone can make use of it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WnDTsqd

Teaser: old Caliph

Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

wad78

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2019, 01:55:28 AM »

Hammer, Free.

Pretty sure these are all mine. I think Helmut might have more somewhere.
Spoiler
[close]

J0hn Shm0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2019, 06:20:12 AM »

Low-tech cruiser thing

Spoiler

[close]

Some weird frigate designs

Spoiler

[close]

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 06:27:14 AM by J0hn Shm0 »

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2020, 05:51:05 PM »

single mjolnir
single mjolnir

Lizzie

• Ensign
  • Don't ask me about paragons or onslaughts
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2020, 10:31:44 AM »

Various jet engine spaceships

Spoiler

[close]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16