Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: IM STRUGGLING WITH GETTING ANY MOD TO WORK FOR 8.1 !  (Read 6617 times)

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
IM STRUGGLING WITH GETTING ANY MOD TO WORK FOR 8.1 !
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:26:33 PM »

I Cant seem to get any mod to work and i read the forum here and extracted the rar files directly to the mod folder inside star sector and still nothing. Cant get one single mod to show up on the list. Any chance someone can walk me through this and help me figure out what im doing wrong??   : )

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: IM STRUGGLING WITH GETTING ANY MOD TO WORK FOR 8.1 !
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 12:31:41 PM »

When a mod isn't working for me it's usually because I'm unpacking it wrong and there's an extra layer of folders being added.

i.e. it's supposed to be Starsector/mods/Mod Name/ but I unpacked it as Starsector/mods/modname 0.1/Mod Name/

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 12:45:14 PM »

i tried to search explorer to see if anything was overlapped but i didnt see anything. it showed that the folders with all info for mods was in the starsector folder. no matter what ive tried i cant get it to work its drivin me nuts lol.

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:46:39 PM »

how exactly should i extract the mods? to a new folder then single cut n paste them into the mods folder? i tried doin it all without the folders too and nothing lol. apparently i suck bad at modding.

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »

Thank you orost for the reply, and that name network pesci has me ctfu LOL!. ok thanks you guys after this league o legends game ill give it the millionth try lol! i appreciate the help.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 02:31:44 PM »

its like you mentioned earlier Pesci, Starsector/mods/modname/modfiles
& check if you are putting the mods in to starsector 0.8.1a not in some earlier game version (if u had any)
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 03:04:41 PM »

When a mod isn't working for me it's usually because I'm unpacking it wrong and there's an extra layer of folders being added.

i.e. it's supposed to be Starsector/mods/Mod Name/ but I unpacked it as Starsector/mods/modname 0.1/Mod Name/

This here, this is correct, and almost certainly your problem, NYNJA.  If you didn't already run into this problem and fix it (I assume you didn't because you'd have mentioned it) then it's your problem.  If I downloaded, say, Blackrock, I would start with a .zip archive in my Downloads folder called "Blackrock Drive Yards.zip", then I would move that archive to my C:/Games/StarSector/Mods folder, then I'd right-click on it and select "Extract All...".  However, this would give me a folder in my StarSector/Mods folder called "Blackrock Drive Yards .91".  Inside THAT folder is the actual "Blackrock Drive Yards" folder.  To make it work properly you have to open a new window and drag everything from the inner BRDY folder without the version number, up one level into the outer BRDY .91 folder.  It's confusing, but easy, once you do it one time you'll never have a problem again.
One thing you might try if you have WinRAR is add the right click context item "Extract here" as it is what I use

NYNJA, stupid question but are you enabling the mods in the launcher?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »

i apologize , real life is kickin my ass atm. gimme a couple days if you will. havent had the chance yet to even heed youre advice and make an attempt. all in due time.

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 03:24:18 PM »

now i havent tried the methods they posted yet, but everything ive tried before wont even allow the mods to show up in thelauncher list. from what i kno before if they show up there, they will work.

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 03:29:04 PM »

strugglin to make sure internet and power stay on, both vitally neccessary to game it down lololol!

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »

lmfao, damn son thats ice cold, hahahahaahahaha. indeed i will i appreaciate the feedback. can ad will do bear with me.

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »

Ok its beena hot hot minute but im online again and now my nephew has his PC next to mine and is also interested hehehehehehehe. transferring game to him now. then gonna re read your advice and see if both of us can get any to work.

NYNJA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 05:33:14 PM »

ok got it on nephews PC can anyone hook him up with an act KEY?

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 06:42:35 AM »

Wat? Maybe I'm just being cynical but that's awfully suspicious...
Somewhere... somehow... some when.... there's a Kantai Collection mod for Starsector.....

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 10:37:44 AM »

Why not use your own CD key? Unless of course you are asking about something else
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: [1] 2