Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ship kill stats  (Read 10840 times)

Kommodore Krieg

• Commander
    • View Profile
Ship kill stats
« on: February 27, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »

I'd like to see a simple, persistent, kill counter implemented, like your units had in starcarft.  It's seems like a simple thing, but it goes a long way in increasing your attachment to your fleet. 

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ship kill stats
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »

Aye.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »

Indeed - even better if broken down by category so we can see just who exactly fired the finishing shot on an aurora...

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »

I would like to see a list of stats for ships. Those kinds of things let you get more attached to the ships you name! Also, a list of what ships you have lost in battle would be nice. I lost a frigate that I had named, and couldn't remember the name of it! I had to go to my save backup and control-F my way to the name. (I usually name replacement ships after their predecessors, eg. the CAT Crossbow dies, so I make my next frigate the CAT Crossbow II)

EDIT: Included in the list of stats I would also like how many ships of each type a certain ship has killed. Actually, I want a name-by-name list of every ship killed by every ship! (It would be really cool to capture a vessel, and find out in the ship's log that it was a massacring machine!)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:25:07 PM by catattack998 »
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 04:24:06 PM »

A roster to keep track of lost ships and officers would be nice.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 04:45:45 PM »

I would like to see a list of stats for ships. Those kinds of things let you get more attached to the ships you name! Also, a list of what ships you have lost in battle would be nice. I lost a frigate that I had named, and couldn't remember the name of it! I had to go to my save backup and control-F my way to the name. (I usually name replacement ships after their predecessors, eg. the CAT Crossbow dies, so I make my next frigate the CAT Crossbow II)

EDIT: Included in the list of stats I would also like how many ships of each type a certain ship has killed. Actually, I want a name-by-name list of every ship killed by every ship! (It would be really cool to capture a vessel, and find out in the ship's log that it was a massacring machine!)
If I used this system, I would have stuff like the Genghis XXVIII. I have so many different versions of that ship, and the name has been applied to my #1 flagship, whatever that is. Ogedei and Kublai are common names for the two ships I put behind Genghis as well.
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 05:50:05 PM »

Its possible to increase shipname pool to evoid this.

ever 1000 ship names will prevent XXVII problem for all expect extremely long games (but we can restart counter after some time and problem solved).

Stats like damage dealt and damage taken + list of kills bound to ship will add some depth to campaighn gameplay.

CenturionGMU

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »

Kind of like Gratuitous Space Battles:

I'd like to see the stats for your ships at the end of a battle. What weapons were effective and what weren't. Damage outputs etc.

DougieK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »

I think this is more appropriate for ships captains than ships themselves.  Would be a great feature to be included when the officers are implemented.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »

ship captains have a history tab that show all engagements they have been in with statistics. like shots fired shots missed/hit damage done/taken ship type flown most/least etc etc etc.

where individual ships could have stats after battle like accuracy % for each weapon on the ship and shots fired. the angle at which it took the most damage. the angle in which it gave the most damage. etc etc etc.

but for ships it would not be saved.. it would just be saved for the captains.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 06:41:58 PM »

Other than a kill tab, I would prefer a damage tab instead. Sometimes kill tabs can be a bit misleading as steal killing happens a lot.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

LuckStealer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »

we could get custom ships(special ships), ships that you buy or get from a faction, or you hire it, that will have a name and a bonus in speed and healt like + 2 percent, (a very small one, but it will get exp and at max lvl, lets say lvl 10 it will have like 5 percent more healt +2 percent speed, + 8 percent better ai etc) The bigger the lvl is the longer it takes to go to the next one
this ships should be extra rare and losing one would make you cry for sure:)

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »

losing one would make you cry for sure
I already do.  :(
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Uxion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 11:40:29 AM »

How about automatically adding titles to the end of the ship names after a certain event is achieved.

Like "[ship name] the Dominator" for killing a disproportionate number of ships while receiving little to no damage.

or "[ship name] the Unyielding" when it gets damaged almost to the point where it is continues to attack after it is almost disabled.

along with some negative ones like "[ship name] the Feeble", "... the Weak", etc.

What about this?

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 11:41:59 AM »

[...]
What about this?
I think would be more fun on your captains.  :)
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2