Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need some help finding a game.  (Read 3115 times)

Tacheyon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Need some help finding a game.
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »

I blame the recent Steam sale for sparking a memory of a demo I don't know how many years ago and I have had no luck in finding the game or even remembering the name of it.

It was a space sim game with a top down view. You start off being given command of a space station that will act as your base of operations for the game. The first mission or one of the first ones is to fix the four damaged turrets that are part of the station. I think this requires jumping to neighboring sector maybe? Then you are of course attacked.

The game graphics were okay, the art style was kind of rough then with a bit of anime style. I seem to remember a female mechanic with colorful hair with a large wrench.

I realize this is vague but these are what fragments I can remember. Any help or guesses would be appreciated, thanks.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help finding a game.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »

I blame the recent Steam sale for sparking a memory of a demo I don't know how many years ago and I have had no luck in finding the game or even remembering the name of it.

It was a space sim game with a top down view. You start off being given command of a space station that will act as your base of operations for the game. The first mission or one of the first ones is to fix the four damaged turrets that are part of the station. I think this requires jumping to neighboring sector maybe? Then you are of course attacked.

The game graphics were okay, the art style was kind of rough then with a bit of anime style. I seem to remember a female mechanic with colorful hair with a large wrench.

I realize this is vague but these are what fragments I can remember. Any help or guesses would be appreciated, thanks.
What system? PC?
Was it a full blown game or a flash game? Was it a Free to Play game?
How far back was this?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Tacheyon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 09:35:56 PM »

It was for PC and definitely not flash, I played a demo and I assume it became a full game. I don't remember how far back honestly.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 09:48:16 PM »

Pretty sure it's "Starscape".

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20700/Starscape/

(I also only played the demo.)

Tacheyon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 09:53:12 PM »

Yes, yes it is. Finally! Three days I have been wading through old websites and diving into old hard drives. Thank you Alex.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 09:56:36 PM »

Glad to be of assistance :)

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 03:14:58 AM »

One of my favorite space game before Starsector :)