Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Have the game ask you before you refuse to turn on transponder.  (Read 1611 times)

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile

You know how the game asks you if you really want to attack a fleet of a faction that knows your identity, warning you that it will instantly make that faction hostile? That's a good feature, but there's one problem - it doesn't work in a certain situation.

I got stopped by a Hegemony patrol, forgetting that my transponder is off. By accident, I've refused to turn it on. At this moment, I got stuck in a situation where I had no choice but to become hostile to Hegemony - since my fleet is too large to escape, the only option I have is to fight them. Trouble is, the game tells you that this patrol is aware of your identity (due to seeing you earlier), but only after you choose to refuse to turn on the transponder.

It would be nice if the game warned you about the consequences before you refuse to turn on the transponder and get yourself into predicament with no choice but to utterly ruin your reputation with a faction.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Have the game ask you before you refuse to turn on transponder.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:39:33 PM »

Yep, the missclick is very worst in the case, these two buttons are too near, this is illogic than when we engage a no-hostile faction, we go hostile, but not when we refuse to turn on our transponder where this is probable than you have missed. On the case or yes, you want really refuse, well, no problem no?

Just put a warning when we refuse to turn on the transponder ;'(

Thank you!
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 04:18:23 AM »

I've suggested it before and I'll suggest it again; swap the dialogue options so mashing 1 three times gets you out of the dialogue without incident
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 06:24:07 AM »

For what its worth, we already have a popup like this when attacking a non-hostile fleet: the game warns you that you will turn the relevant faction hostile if you do so.

I think this isnt a bad idea.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.