Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 569287 times)

Silveressa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1dc_exp
« Reply #525 on: November 20, 2022, 09:21:53 AM »

1. I don't know actually, but we do know how to get anyone's reputation up via console command at least.

2. Yes, unless you don't want Auroran Ground Forces DLC. Otherwise, I intend to keep the dependencies on as it actually helped me progress faster in my testing runs and that 'skip story' is actually really useful. Then we'll see if we can get it off someday for non-nexerelin enjoyers.

Thanks for the clarification. Having giving it a go with Nexerelin (never did more than do a brief 1 hr test of the mod until now) I understand your reasoning, the extra depth added by Nexerelin really helps make the faction feel more alive and interesting than it would otherwise be. And thanks for mentioning the skip story function, I had no idea that was even a thing until now, and it definitely made the start more enjoyable.

About 30+ hours in now and loving it thoroughly, looking forward to seeing how this mod continues to evolve. (The single mission Dagger was especially well written and a nice example of things to come.)  8)

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #526 on: November 20, 2022, 09:50:54 PM »

Thanks for the clarification. Having giving it a go with Nexerelin (never did more than do a brief 1 hr test of the mod until now) I understand your reasoning, the extra depth added by Nexerelin really helps make the faction feel more alive and interesting than it would otherwise be. And thanks for mentioning the skip story function, I had no idea that was even a thing until now, and it definitely made the start more enjoyable.

About 30+ hours in now and loving it thoroughly, looking forward to seeing how this mod continues to evolve. (The single mission Dagger was especially well written and a nice example of things to come.)  8)

Aha, now you know why UAF is a tad bit larger than a typical faction portrait mod right? I saw the chance to world build and decorate my faction as I see fit while being able to enjoy them in-game as well. Imagine seeing your drawings become more than just .pngs, alive and flying around, and able to interact with them too. It's very exciting! I am also building the UAF as a standalone faction that uses their own things due to how I set up their lore and settings, thankfully my players seems to be enjoying the way it is atm!

Oh and I'm glad you could give also Nexerelin a more serious try after that one hour trial, it allows you to experience the game in a whole another way especially when you as a player have the ability to add or remove factions into your game. So it basically become sandbox World Conquest mode when you have Nexerelin and it's pretty interesting to see how each factions interact with one another!

Silveressa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 21, 2022, 03:08:16 AM »

Oh and I'm glad you could give also Nexerelin a more serious try after that one hour trial, it allows you to experience the game in a whole another way especially when you as a player have the ability to add or remove factions into your game. So it basically become sandbox World Conquest mode when you have Nexerelin and it's pretty interesting to see how each factions interact with one another!

Agreed, Nexerelin really is a wonderful addition with this mod.

Small side question about the Noveria exploration ship. (Just barely managed to acquire one) Do I need to upgrade each separate section of the ship with hull mods (armor, turret gyros etc) or just the center piece? (Since on the center piece I can't add a dedicated targeting system, but I can on the other ones?)

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #528 on: November 21, 2022, 12:48:24 PM »

Small side question about the Noveria exploration ship. (Just barely managed to acquire one) Do I need to upgrade each separate section of the ship with hull mods (armor, turret gyros etc) or just the center piece? (Since on the center piece I can't add a dedicated targeting system, but I can on the other ones?)

Treat the core module like a normal ship, that's where you wanna put your hullmods in. However, the sub-modules are like gun platforms. It doesn't matter if its engine or hangar et cetera. You can give them basic hullmods that increases HP or armor or weapon buffs as that will affect them individually. The whole super capital thing is still work-in-progress though.

Silveressa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 21, 2022, 01:42:29 PM »

The whole super capital thing is still work-in-progress though.

Thanks, that makes sense.  8)

I also noticed the ships core module can't accept either the Integrated targeting unit or integrated point defense A.I mods, (the mods are yellow as if they can be installed but clicking on them to install them doesn't work?) Just wondering if that's a bug or the main section already have them built in or something already?

TheWanderer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 21, 2022, 02:38:11 PM »

Hello! First time using the forum, been playing Starsector for a good few dozen hours now and I'm starting to build up a big mod list to play with. Unfortunately, I've found that this mod conflicts with Starship Legends in both of their current iterations. Here are the details:

My mod list:
Slightly Better Tech-Mining
Amazigh's Ship Foundry
Arma Armature
BigBeans Ship Compilation
Combat Chatter
Commissioned Crews
Hazard Mining Incorporated
Immersion Friendly Portrait Pack
Industrial Evolution
Interstellar Imperium
Kadur Remnant
Low Tech Armory
LazyLib
Luddic Enhancement
MagicLib
Missing Ships
Nexerellin
Persean Chronicles
Quality Captains
Ship/Weapon Pack
SpeedUp
Starship Legends
Tahlan Shipworks
Terraforming and Station Construction
Torchships and Deadly Armaments
Underworld
United Aurora Federation
Unknown Skies
GraphicsLib

The problem:
When playing with both UAF and Starship Legends enabled, as soon as one of my ships would gain a trait from Starship Legends, I get thrown an error message stating "Starship Legends has encountered an error, please let the mod author know, null" which infinitely repeats and I cannot close out of it without alt+f4-ing the game. If I disable UAF, the issue stops. As far as I know, I am running the latest versions of all of the mods and the latest version of Starsector. Of course, there's always the chance that it's another one of the mods that's somehow interacting with both and messing them up, but I'd guess that that's unlikely. Anyways, perhaps I'm missing something obvious like having to install a patch or something, but I don't see any incompatibilities listed in this page and Starship Legends claims that it's compatible with everything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #531 on: November 21, 2022, 02:56:59 PM »

I also noticed the ships core module can't accept either the Integrated targeting unit or integrated point defense A.I mods, (the mods are yellow as if they can be installed but clicking on them to install them doesn't work?) Just wondering if that's a bug or the main section already have them built in or something already?

Check this out, its already been boosted by an existing super capital hullmod so it was intentionally blocked, but its still worth a look though so we'll see; https://twitter.com/C_Yukimaru/status/1594570735229448192/photo/2

Hello! First time using the forum, been playing Starsector for a good few dozen hours now and I'm starting to build up a big mod list to play with. Unfortunately, I've found that this mod conflicts with Starship Legends in both of their current iterations. Here are the details:

The problem:
When playing with both UAF and Starship Legends enabled, as soon as one of my ships would gain a trait from Starship Legends, I get thrown an error message stating "Starship Legends has encountered an error, please let the mod author know, null" which infinitely repeats and I cannot close out of it without alt+f4-ing the game. If I disable UAF, the issue stops. As far as I know, I am running the latest versions of all of the mods and the latest version of Starsector. Of course, there's always the chance that it's another one of the mods that's somehow interacting with both and messing them up, but I'd guess that that's unlikely. Anyways, perhaps I'm missing something obvious like having to install a patch or something, but I don't see any incompatibilities listed in this page and Starship Legends claims that it's compatible with everything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Welcome! You must go to starsector-core folder and find a thing called starsector.log. Then scroll all the way down to the most recent part and find the ERROR log; then copypaste em here because we need that to identify the root of the problem.

TheWanderer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 21, 2022, 03:36:26 PM »

Strangely, after re-enabling the mod to go re-do the issue so I wouldn't have to look through the entire log, everything... works fine? Strange but good. I'll get back to you if the error happens again and if I can find any specifics on it (I'm using the same ships on the same scenario, perhaps there's some other factor I'm not seeing that I'll recognize if the error happens to crop up again, like fighting a specific enemy ship or getting a specific bonus from Starship Legends). Checking through the log I see several error messages, a couple relate to this mod, but all refer to the game not being able to find various ships/weapons in its files (except for a single JSON error with nexerellin) which I'm guessing would be because I accidentally loaded a past save in which I had UAF enabled while I had UAF disabled for testing purposes. Otherwise it's clean.

For now I'll start up a new campaign with all of the mods enabled and play it as normal, and wait until the error crops up again or (hopefully) it doesn't. If it does I'll check the logs and throw the error message in here again. Cheers!

Silveressa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 21, 2022, 03:47:13 PM »

Strangely, after re-enabling the mod to go re-do the issue so I wouldn't have to look through the entire log, everything... works fine?

I'm pretty close to the 100 hour mark of using Starship Legends with this mod (and about a dozen or so others,) in my current campaign, and zero issues so far, so I think you shouldn't have any future problems?

TheWanderer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 21, 2022, 03:52:00 PM »

I'm pretty close to the 100 hour mark of using Starship Legends with this mod (and about a dozen or so others,) in my current campaign, and zero issues so far, so I think you shouldn't have any future problems?

Fingers crossed, I love Starship Legends and from what little I've seen from this mod so far it looks quite fun, looking forwards to playing a derelict empire playthrough and (hopefully) allying my empire with the UAF against the remnant threat. And after that the Hegemony because AI is fun.

PotatoFarmer1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 29, 2022, 02:42:26 AM »

Hi I just wanted to say that I really love the mod. This is the furthest I've ever gone in a game because usually I get bored and make a new game. I've been having a lot of fun simping for cute anime girls, and the ships are okay too I guess...

I come to the forum because I am very upset. I found a person in a bar and started the fabled secret quest that I heard so much about and spoilers:
Spoiler
On step 1 of "find wreckage" the text is extremely busted. Now to be fair I have ADHD so I only really skimmed the text when I was reading the dialogue with the person in the bar but then I checked my mission log and it clearly says that the wreckage can be found "somewhere" around that planet. I thought it was weird that she mentioned I would need 300 marines in the bar but I figured that was for a later part of the quest or something... Well I've spent the better part of 2 hours loading and reloading saves and flying around that entire goddamn starsystem with my neutrino detector spamming the flupping sensor burst frantically salvaging every goddamn derelict kite that the Auroran patrols were leaving behind them as they where fighting with the pirates. I checked the bar in the planet, I fought every pirate fleet I could find, I blew up the space-station because I had the idea that I would find those stupid flupping items in a wreckage around the planet... I must have reloaded the save and flew across every goddamn square of that map like 10 times at least because I kept running out the 120 days and the mission kept disappearing. I am NOT happy right now.

I almost broke my bloody keyboard out of frustration and quit the game. Then I googled: starsector united aurora federation "check wreckage" and found a reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/starsector/comments/xx6q79/uaf_quest/
I'm so mad right now that I can't even. In every goddamn quest I've played in this game so far, there has always been a golden exclamation mark over the contact that has something to do with you completing a quest. Here the "shady informant" doesn't even have the golden exclamation mark so after 300 hours of playing the base game and being thoroughly trained to scan over contact lists looking for flipping exclamation marks so I didn't even bother reading any of their names much less think of talking to them. She mentioned I would need 300 marines so I tried raiding every industry on the planet and disrupting everything and blowing up the station and HOLY GOD AM I MAD. WHy woUldN't YoU ExPEcT a SHADY PERSON on a GOD DAMN PIRATE world????>>?>?>? HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNWO HE WAS THE ONE TO TALK TO FOR THE QUEST???

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN WORK SO HARD ON A MOD AND MESS UP THIS FLUPPING HORRENDOUSLY??
IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU 2 MINUTES TO AT LEAST EDIT THE BLOODY MISSION DESCRIPTION IN THE INTEL PANEL! THERES LIKE 3 PARAGRAPHS WORTH OF GARBAGE TEXT! DELETE ALL OF IT AND ADD ONE GODDAMN LINE:
Mission: find wreckage
"Travel to pirate planet and speak to shady informant contact"

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I WANTED A SPOILER FREE PLAY THROUGH BUT NOW IM ABOUT TO BURST A GODDAMN BLOOD VESSEL. I don't even want to play anymore. I suddenly hate the flupping UAF and their stupid waifus. I think I'm going to saturation bombard all of their worlds and kill billions just to feel better. Stupid flipping choco lava I hope they enjoy it IN HELL! 
[close]

Please; I don't understand how so much love and attention can go into every little detail of the art and the ship design and the mechanics and something this bloody terrible can be left in the game. I shouldn't have to rely on external information to play a game that is 1010% about exploration and discovery. It would be like reading the scene by scene synopsis to a movie the day before going to see it in a theatre!

The English in this mod is THE WORST I've ever read everrrr. Aside of technical mistakes like missingspaces where thereclearly should bespaces and spellign erors, the writing itself is actual dogwater. I don't want to be mean to you because it's obvious English is not your first language, and I really feel that I get what you were trying to convey in most of the scenes - even if it is slightly cliche anime tropes - I actually really like the atmosphere you are trying to create.

Please please PLEASE I understand this is an early access mod and far from finished but you need to focus on FUNCTION rather than fluff. EVERY piece of dialogue should be UNDERSTANDABLE first and fluffy second! You should imagine what a new player who has NEVER played your mod before would try to do given the text information you have given them, and for God's sake the intel panel should provide CLEAR summarized information on your current objective. This game can be wonky at times and mods and their interactions can multiply that tenfold so I as a player need a simple way to KNOW if my quest objectives are working or not!!!!

TL;DR get a flupping editor.
THANKS.

NocturneOfSolace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 29, 2022, 05:04:01 AM »

Will the UAF get angry at me if I have a colony run by an Alpha Core AI like the other  factions?

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 29, 2022, 11:02:02 AM »

The English in this mod is THE WORST I've ever read everrrr. Aside of technical mistakes like missingspaces where thereclearly should bespaces and spellign erors, the writing itself is actual dogwater.

Simp rage!

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #538 on: November 29, 2022, 11:29:07 AM »

The English in this mod is THE WORST I've ever read everrrr. Aside of technical mistakes like missingspaces where thereclearly should bespaces and spellign erors, the writing itself is actual dogwater. I don't want to be mean to you because it's obvious English is not your first language, and I really feel that I get what you were trying to convey in most of the scenes - even if it is slightly cliche anime tropes - I actually really like the atmosphere you are trying to create.

TL;DR get a flupping editor.
THANKS.

Damn that's harsh and I agree, that's pretty much the biggest problem we have for the mod atm but that isn't really the focus of our development for the time being.. until then, sorry about that!

Will the UAF get angry at me if I have a colony run by an Alpha Core AI like the other  factions?

I don't think so, the diplomatic profile includes "Love AI" which probably lessen the chance of expedition which already lowered manually.

NocturneOfSolace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 29, 2022, 03:19:48 PM »

Awesome, thanks for the information, I really like the UAF and wouldn't want to go to war with them over having my colony run well

In hindsight, I should have asked this as well, do they take issue with your colony/s being free ports as well?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 78