Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 568853 times)

ArcticAvenger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1dc_exp
« Reply #510 on: November 08, 2022, 02:26:16 PM »

hey guys, could you give me some tips? I'm not sure what's wrong.

IroncladLion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 08, 2022, 03:41:14 PM »

hey guys, could you give me some tips? I'm not sure what's wrong.

You mean about the yellow text? It should work just fine. There are several mods that technically aren't .95.1a and are still 100% compatible.
Although Milky should really update that  ::)

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 11, 2022, 07:18:10 AM »

I discovered another small bug: the Automata variant of the Inazuma has two rear missile mounts that look like they should both be small hardpoints, but one is designated a small turret (with a firing arc of 0) instead. It's not a very big issue, but it does mean that the weapon groups menu will default to having the two rear missile mounts on separate firing orders because they're not considered the same mount type.

SpirituMagno

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 11, 2022, 06:03:45 PM »

I have found that when starting as the UAF, you cant develop Nia Auroria as a contact (thus, no story progression), had to resign to be able to do it. I think that is the reason some players are having problems of not being able to progress through the story.

Gaaius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 13, 2022, 12:42:06 PM »

The Swaras L missile launcher doesnt auto target ships not inside its firing cone, even though it can hit them (if i manually fire)

Silveressa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 15, 2022, 07:13:48 PM »

I have found that when starting as the UAF, you cant develop Nia Auroria as a contact (thus, no story progression), had to resign to be able to do it. I think that is the reason some players are having problems of not being able to progress through the story.

Would it be possible using console commands to add her as a contact?

Is Nexerelin absolutely necessary for the mod? I can see the appeal of Nexerelin but I'm one of those in the camp of not wanting the game to be a 4X. It's the only thing stopping me from trying out what looks to be a really good addition to the game.

I too would like to know this if anyone happens to have the answer?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 07:19:46 PM by Silveressa »

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #516 on: November 15, 2022, 09:13:36 PM »

Would it be possible using console commands to add her as a contact?

Is Nexerelin absolutely necessary for the mod? I can see the appeal of Nexerelin but I'm one of those in the camp of not wanting the game to be a 4X. It's the only thing stopping me from trying out what looks to be a really good addition to the game.

I too would like to know this if anyone happens to have the answer?

1. I don't know actually, but we do know how to get anyone's reputation up via console command at least.

2. Yes, unless you don't want Auroran Ground Forces DLC. Otherwise, I intend to keep the dependencies on as it actually helped me progress faster in my testing runs and that 'skip story' is actually really useful. Then we'll see if we can get it off someday for non-nexerelin enjoyers.

Marnus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 15, 2022, 11:25:08 PM »

Hi, I've just done a fresh install on UAF and all the required mods.
Anyone know why I'm getting this error message?

I have tried googling to no avail and the starsector.log file just shows more of the same (missing Fusoreina_prototype_glow)

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #518 on: November 16, 2022, 01:54:57 AM »

Hi, I've just done a fresh install on UAF and all the required mods.

Delete your UAF folder and re-install.

Garafetdin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 16, 2022, 04:08:53 AM »

So, since nobody on this forum seems to be complaining about this particular weapon, I'll be the first. Reina II. It has the same DPS, range and damage per projectile as the HEAVY MACHINE GUN, you know, medium sized kinetic PD while having TRIPLE the flux efficiency and HALF the ordnance cost. This weapon is stupid! It shouldn't exist as it is! It isn't just flat out better than any kinetic PD that exists in vanilla. It is better than the minipulser at being a short range shield pressure weapon, you know, the weapon that exists to be an overpowered reward for winning a challenging fight. Now, it could be easily balanced right back into being just pretty good on capitals for PD/anti-frigate pressure and SO ships for shield shredding if it had range shorter (or if you really want it to be just so much better that what vanilla has, you can keep it the same) than Light Dual MG (its range is 300).

Reina I is also broken, but to the degree of Reina II. The former only needs a bump in ordnance cost. It would still be better than Light dual MG in every way possible, but the same is true every other weapon this mod has when compared to its vanilla counterpart.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #520 on: November 16, 2022, 06:28:01 AM »

Balance issues.

Yes yes and it appears that no matter what I do or what I envisioned, someone or something will always find a way to complain or deny them all. That's pretty much the trend of UAF feedback outside the forum and I know it. Just because you don't see any complaints doesn't mean they don't exist. Thing is, I've been bumping the stats up and down so much I feel like I'm simulating the world economy spikes with balance of the mod. You are not the first to complain about it and definitely won't be the last either, so lemme tell you this; if you really wanna help. Suggest actual numbers and propose it in a more readable format. If you're lucky enough, I might like the idea and put it in for testing.

What you wrote simply helped us notice the issue but not exactly proposing anything useful while thinking mod balancing is as easy as typing it out. So yeah, I'll look into it but I think the least I could do is to reduce its damage. I kinda like the way it is currently with how it shoots and feels.

For example:
Spoiler
Reina II HMG;

Damage from 60 > 50
Range from 400 > 300
[close]

My focus will always be treating the mod as a fun hobby art project rather than a competitive vanilla-compliant "balanced" faction mod, balance will come on its own when its fun and engaging for me to do so. You can actually see the proof at my change log when you download the mod. If you force me to it again and again, it won't be fun to develop the mod anymore so please don't treat a single player mod like an online multiplayer game balancing.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:35:42 AM by Ryxsen1421 »

Hydroxyapatite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 16, 2022, 01:20:28 PM »

I'm having some very weird issues with progressing in this mod. If I start unaligned with a faction and attempt to join the UAF, Nia never gives me any options when I ask her about UAF access, even at 100 relation with a commission and having developed her as a contact. I have also never seen any UAF characters have a converse option so I can't compliment them. I removed all my mods aside from UAF's dependencies and Console Commands and the problem persists.

If I start with a UAF commission Nia seems to work fine, aside from still lacking a converse option. I've been able to progress through the entire contact tree I know of this way.

Other than that issue, everything else has been great so far. I love the ship designs and the portraits are great. I've always liked carriers in Starsector and having more fighters and more awesome carriers to play with has been a blast. The ballistic ships have also gotten me to enjoy that type of combat more too.

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 16, 2022, 07:42:29 PM »

I don't know why but whilst I was piloting the Neuxoria(SP), I noticed the 5 Hyacinths I gave it wouldn't go and attack anything even though I went to tab and both use the Fighter strike and Eliminate command nor has it done anything when and after activating the teleport recall ability the Neux has, it just stayed hiding behind the Carrier, I don't know if I have missed anything or the Hyancinth's like this purposefully or a glitch, I have no clue on what is going on with these frigate sized bombers.
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #523 on: November 16, 2022, 11:38:58 PM »

I don't know why but whilst I was piloting the Neuxoria(SP), I noticed the 5 Hyacinths I gave it wouldn't go and attack anything even though I went to tab and both use the Fighter strike and Eliminate command nor has it done anything when and after activating the teleport recall ability the Neux has, it just stayed hiding behind the Carrier, I don't know if I have missed anything or the Hyancinth's like this purposefully or a glitch, I have no clue on what is going on with these frigate sized bombers.

I can think of several scenarios but the second seems to be the likely cause, especially since our high end wings have longer respawn timer;

1. Is it piloted by timid or steady captain?
2. Is it waiting for the full complement of its fighter wings to respawn? ( Neuxoria have 6 and you mentioned you have 5 )
3. Are the said wings resupplying or being distracted by something?

I'm having some very weird issues with progressing in this mod. If I start unaligned with a faction and attempt to join the UAF, Nia never gives me any options when I ask her about UAF access, even at 100 relation with a commission and having developed her as a contact. I have also never seen any UAF characters have a converse option so I can't compliment them. I removed all my mods aside from UAF's dependencies and Console Commands and the problem persists.

If I start with a UAF commission Nia seems to work fine, aside from still lacking a converse option. I've been able to progress through the entire contact tree I know of this way.

Huh is that so? Perhaps I should actually try to start unaligned and grind the UAF to find out more about this. I have heard of this weird glitch but not sure what's causing it. Please lemme know if you find out or could guess how that happened. Oh and thanks for trying out the mod!

Hydroxyapatite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 17, 2022, 12:14:21 PM »

Huh is that so? Perhaps I should actually try to start unaligned and grind the UAF to find out more about this. I have heard of this weird glitch but not sure what's causing it. Please lemme know if you find out or could guess how that happened. Oh and thanks for trying out the mod!

Took a look through the files and figured it out. The option also has a > 24 relations check with the UAF itself. Setting my reputation with them above that makes the option appear. Not sure if it's really an issue, but it is a bit weird that you can be recommended for a commission at 10 but won't be able to proceed with it until 25. I believe the relevant rule is UAFNiaAskAccessLv1.

I did notice that sometimes I have to talk to several people and get recommendations from them before I get a recommendation that actually works. Not sure if that's an issue or what's causing it, though.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 78