Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 587641 times)

Nav

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1b / g1da_exp
« Reply #465 on: October 13, 2022, 11:56:16 AM »

Love this mod but might have found a bug, is this the place to post it? it involves the built in weapon called the Sakura ASSVLMS.

Found the problem. flux gen was 500. wouldn't allow the missiles to fire off unless i set it to a lower amount. got to say love the proto arty, gives me some good halo vibes firing it off~

JackFalcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 13, 2022, 11:59:34 AM »

So issue with the Isenoria.  I often let AI fly it which may be the issue but i've seen plenty of fights where the bomber is unable to dock.  It just sits and fly's circles around the ship because its not maneuverable enough to make it back.  Maybe the docking area needs to be increased making it a little easier or the fighter it self needs a maneuver buff.  Maybe only after it drops its load it gets lighter so it can turn a little easier to get back.

dangerpeanut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1b / g1c_exp
« Reply #467 on: October 13, 2022, 05:14:29 PM »

I experience a crash when loading this mod while playing on Linux using version 0.72g1b. The crash is caused by the failure to find two resource files:
Code
graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.png
graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.png
These files actually exist, but use PNG as their extension (not png):
Code
graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG
graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.PNG
Renaming these files to have the png extension fixes the issue.

This exact issue is keeping me from booting the game with UAF enabled. OS' outside of windows treat image.png and image.PNG as separate files.

I implore you Ryxsen1421, correct these file name inconsistencies so that all players can enjoy your mod. I believe these are the only instances of them.

Code
> find UAF -name "*.PNG"
UAF/graphics/weapons/Missiles/amazoch_s_asrm_single/Sample.PNG
UAF/graphics/weapons/Missiles/clemente_s_mrm_single/Sample.PNG
UAF/graphics/weapons/Missiles/clemente_s_mrm_double/Sample.PNG
UAF/graphics/weapons/Missiles/amazoch_light_asrm_dual/Sample.PNG
UAF/graphics/weapons/Reina MG PD/pd_reina_mki_hardpoint_recoil.PNG
UAF/graphics/weapons/Reina MG PD/pd_reina_mki_turret_recoil.PNG
UAF/graphics/weapons/Weiss FLK PD/pd_weiss_flk_hardpoint_recoil.PNG
UAF/graphics/weapons/Weiss FLK PD/pd_weiss_flk_turret_recoil.PNG
UAF/graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.PNG
UAF/graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG

This is not something most mod authors are aware of, but since StarSector is java based and innately multi-platform, this should enter into mod authors consciousness more often. Remember modders, case sensitivity is a thing and it matters! Proof is right here!

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 13, 2022, 05:38:19 PM »

MacOS actually doesn't - I've made this exact mistake before - but in my experience Linux users are some of the nicest and most helpful bug reports I get, so I make an extra effort to fix any case issues when they show up.

I recommend other modders do the same - never a bad idea to cultivate the users who give you the best information about what went wrong and how to fix it.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #469 on: October 13, 2022, 05:39:43 PM »

This is not something most mod authors are aware of, but since StarSector is java based and innately multi-platform, this should enter into mod authors consciousness more often. Remember modders, case sensitivity is a thing and it matters! Proof is right here!

I don't get it, we've been renaming the damn .pngs every patch and they just kept coming. Why?

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 13, 2022, 06:19:33 PM »

Anyone else notice that the minibreves are actually a medium mount and not a small?  Also it seems like the AI doesn't know how to use them for some reason.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 13, 2022, 06:21:01 PM »

I don't get it, we've been renaming the damn .pngs every patch and they just kept coming. Why?
If you're developing this mod on Windows (from good ol' XP, all the way to 10), there's Attribute Changer from https://petges.lu/download/ (specifically, Release 8.70, not the newer 10.10a or 11.0; the interface changed rather significantly)...

Among other capabilities? It has the handy capability to alter not only 'Folder(s)/File(s) Created/Modified/Accessed' values and apply/remove attributes such as 'Read-Only/Hidden/System/Compress/Archive/Index', but also to rename all files (and or their extensions) to all uppercase or lowercase, individually or combined.

What's more? You can set it to apply said changes to all sub-folders/files within a given folder... say, the 'UAF' folder and everything within can be modified (the previously-mentioned attributes, but most pertinent to this tangent? Change all file extensions to lowercase with a single click).

Having said all that, it IS rather easy to *** things up (e.g., you might not be able to easily determine which files you've most recently changed at-a-glance by sorting by 'Date modifed'), so exercise due caution in using this tool.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 06:30:10 PM by TimeDiver »

Superharem

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 14, 2022, 02:20:12 AM »

UAF posts are currently dominating SS subreddit. I love it  :-*

TaxMage

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 14, 2022, 06:55:05 AM »

I just recently updated to 0.72g1b.  Was there a change made to prevent Novaeria / Solvernia from being acquired via operative "procure ship" (didn't see anything to this effect in the notes on the patreon page)?

I've acquired them both this way in a prior game, but no longer see either in the target ship list for this mission type.  Using a level 5 agent as well.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 06:58:48 AM by TaxMage »

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 14, 2022, 01:26:06 PM »

I just recently updated to 0.72g1b.  Was there a change made to prevent Novaeria / Solvernia from being acquired via operative "procure ship" (didn't see anything to this effect in the notes on the patreon page)?

I've acquired them both this way in a prior game, but no longer see either in the target ship list for this mission type.  Using a level 5 agent as well.
Seems like it.  Got a negotiator to level 5 for nothing, lol.

TaxMage

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 14, 2022, 03:36:12 PM »

Seems like it.  Got a negotiator to level 5 for nothing, lol.

Thanks for responding, and oof.  Well, hoping for RNG mission generation it is I guess...

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #476 on: October 15, 2022, 09:23:49 AM »

Thanks for responding, and oof.  Well, hoping for RNG mission generation it is I guess...

If you want, you can remove no_sell, no_drop or reduce price tags from the ship_data.csv which will allow you to get them from random drops. I personally think its okay for you to adjust as you see fit because not everyone have the means to earn in the millions to get the supercaps in a short time.

Its okay, its a single player game. Don't judge yourself too hard for changing something to further suit your experience. After all, the mod is a work-in-progress! the missions to earn the supercaps are far far far ahead in the future and ain't coming anytime soon.

just know that if you get the supercaps any earlier than super late game, the game will become too easy as their power level is simply too high on a player's hand.

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 15, 2022, 04:46:20 PM »

UAF posts are currently dominating SS subreddit. I love it  :-*

What sent me here, haha

DeathLord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1dc_exp
« Reply #478 on: October 16, 2022, 04:16:51 PM »

Well I think I found a bug you can talk to queen without any clearance

-Talk to queen without clearance
-go to bar and exit without talking to anyone
-now you can talk to queen

here is the screenshot
https://imgur.com/a/txEQzwx
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 01:18:25 AM by DeathLord »

MrMech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1dc_exp
« Reply #479 on: October 17, 2022, 09:59:06 AM »

Something broke on the Cyrexa II SXC, it crashes the game every time I hover over it (anywhere)

"Fatal: Conversion = c, Flags = Check starsector.log for more info"

Sadly, starsector.log has no more info on the matter
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 79