Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 569571 times)

Casey Verma

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1b / g1c_exp
« Reply #420 on: September 26, 2022, 05:06:17 AM »

Keep crashing to Desktop with this error, any ideas?
Spoiler
75221 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod with id [uaf_fighterAssaultPack] not found for faction [player]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod with id [uaf_fighterAssaultPack] not found for faction [player]
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:452)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:440)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.onGameLoad(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:425)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #421 on: September 26, 2022, 05:26:19 AM »

Delete your UAF folder completely and replace it from the zipped archive. or go to hullmod_data.csv and delete assaultpack or the other line that was in it.

NotChopsticks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 26, 2022, 08:12:39 AM »

I have a bug report, or perhaps just something that's become a bit of a major issue for me.

I've gotten to the point in my current campaign where I have a super-capital or two in my fleet, but I've noticed a few issues that happen when I field them:

Deployment: When I initially deploy my ships, depending on how many ships I deploy, it'll place some larger ships (like an Isenoria, Fusoreina, or Purcellyra) directly in front of the super-capitals and the super-capitals will suddenly jump forward a small bit. When this happens with most ships there's ample space and nothing happens, but because of the lengths of the super-capitals, they'll end up slamming into the back of a friendly ship and because of the ramming damage of the super-capitals they'll usually instantly kill the friendly ship and half the time blow up themselves.

Unintended Collisions Mid Combat: I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of coding a multipart ship, but surrounding friendly ships don't seem to fully register the sections that jut out the most. There'll be multiple times in one battle where either a medium+ size ship just starts gravitating towards a super-capital, or a frigate just flies full speed straight into one and subsequently die. For the Solvernia, they'll usually run into the engine sections, and for the Novaeria it's the flight deck sections. The problem is much more apparent for the Novaeria since the center of rotation is so far to the back, that it will often take out a friendly ship when it turns (like that one mod ship that's a spinning hammer).

Anyway, I love the mod and I love the super-capitals, but it starts getting a little frustrating when I start losing more ships to my super-capitals than I do enemy fleets. Just wondering if this is a known issue?

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #423 on: September 26, 2022, 11:56:16 AM »

I have a bug report, or perhaps just something that's become a bit of a major issue for me.

and that folks and future modders is why you should avoid making super capitals. don't worry, we already acknowledged that. all super capitals are subject to change and we will try to optimize them as much as we could in future versions but not now. I don't want to spend too much effort on something that I will change in the future, so we'll apply some duct tapes and stop gap solutions for now and pray for the best.

Casey Verma

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 26, 2022, 05:14:40 PM »

Delete your UAF folder completely and replace it from the zipped archive. or go to hullmod_data.csv and delete assaultpack or the other line that was in it.

I completely removed the old versions of the mod and installed the latest versions, however the error persisted. I went into the hull_mod.csv file in the latest update and found no mentions of assaultpack mod.
I deleted the folder and downloaded the previous build before this update and my game didn't crash or throw any errors. I went into the hull_mods file of that version and opened it up (IN NOTEPAD++ because I don't have excel) to find these lines at line 46:

Assault Pack,uaf_fighterAssaultPack,0,0,,uaf_assault_pack,Special,0,,,,50,50,50,50,data.hullmods.uaf_fighterModulePacks,Attach extra cannon for greater assault capabilities.,Improves Firepower,graphics/hullmods/uaf_aircraftmodificationcc.png
Assault Missile Pack,uaf_fighterMissilePack,0,0,,uaf_missile_pack,Special,0,,,,50,50,50,50,data.hullmods.uaf_fighterModulePacks,Attach extra missiles for greater assault capabilities.,Improves Firepower,graphics/hullmods/uaf_aircraftmodificationcc.png

After reinstalling the new mod and copy pasting these lines back into the csv file, it seems to have fixed the issue as the game as running properly.
I don't understand much about code, but my guess is these lines might have been deleted in the new version but it keeps being called for regardless, causing the crash. Hope this helps you!

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #425 on: September 26, 2022, 05:35:43 PM »

I don't understand much about code, but my guess is these lines might have been deleted in the new version but it keeps being called for regardless, causing the crash. Hope this helps you!

If you keep doing that, you'll be able to play your old save but you'll always be at risk of a random crash related to them. Do as you will.

Aevita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 26, 2022, 07:26:39 PM »

Anyway, I love the mod and I love the super-capitals, but it starts getting a little frustrating when I start losing more ships to my super-capitals than I do enemy fleets. Just wondering if this is a known issue?

This.

Eventually i decide just deploy the super capital alone. And tbh, the Solvenia do VERY WELL, even alone. It can decimate 6 Legion of ships from both Iron shell and Hege by itself and doesn't even break a sweat or lose any hull HP.

It maybe because my 40 lv god emperor captian, but still, what is flanking the super cap ship when it can spin faster than you can say "***" and blast any unfortunated Cruiser/destroyer trying to get it engine into oblivion.

Don't misunderstand this as a complain...Well it kinda is, but it is more fun than annoying. Like really fun....

Balance? I think we can forget about that.

If you manage to get 80m, or in my case the queen be like *SLAP HULL "This baby is perfectly new" with 3 D-mod and sell it for 30m, i think you are already capable of blastin everything out of the sky anw.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 27, 2022, 01:20:00 AM »

Spoiler
You could increase the Onslaught's flux stats by double, and it wouldn't change much.  It would still ride at that last 10% of flux cap just like the Reisen does.

Balance in Starsector is a really strange beast.  It would be nice if it wasn't, but one thing I can say for certain is that flux stats have very little effect on low-tech ships.
If this were actually true, it would have shocking implications for the ship fitting meta and balance in general. Flux == sustained firepower and effective HP and its recovery, claiming flux stats don't matter is claiming those things don't matter.

If flux has "very little effect" on low-tech ships, to the point that doubling Onslaught's flux wouldn't 'change much', why is it standard practice to max vents even on LT ships? Doubling an Onslaught's base flux = 600 dissipation; meanwhile we're spending 50 OP for 5/6 of that benefit; if nothing else, we'd now have 50 free OP to spend elsewhere.
Onslaught with double base dissipation (about 50% more dissipation after maxing vents) would 'still' be riding at near max-flux but it'd be firing 50% more non-missile weapons while doing so!

I did a sanity check:
Spoiler
Basic 1v1 sim test
Onslaught (Standard variant) mirror match, player Onslaught wins with 14%/47% hull left.
Versus an 'Onslaught Alter' with the same loadout but doubled base dissipation, alter version wins with 50%/76% hull. Onslaught Alter won even in the test where I botched the setup and gave non-Alter Onslaught ITU instead of DTC.

I won't even describe the outcome of the otherwise-mirror match where I removed all the vents from the player Onslaught.

Okay Histi, but I tried the Onslaught mirror match myself and it's painful to watch how skittish they are. They're barely using their dissipation. What about a matchup where the enemies don't just dance around each other?
Same test, except player-side Onslaught has an Eliminate order.

-Player Onslaught wins mirror match with 25%/10% hull remaining
-Player Onslaught loses vs. Onslaught Alter, with 57%/58% hull remaining

(While we're here let's do the same test real quick, with player ship being the Reisen(M)):
- Reisen(M) vs. Onslaught: wins with 98% hull
- Reisen(M) vs. Onslaught Alter: wins with 34% hull

Still too skittish! Let's try the Onslaught 'kiss' test
Manually piloting player Onslaught into other Onslaught/Alter's face, Annihilators on autofire:

- Versus Onslaught: Tried once, won with 94% hull
- Versus Onslaught Alter: Tried six times, failed each time (including the three where I was smart enough to not overload)
(manually firing the Annihilators, in attempts not counted above, just made things worse)

It turns out having a 50% faster combat vent is incredible, who knew
Honestly, I'm going to file the whole idea of flux not mattering under "surprising ideas are often false"

Multi-ship test
Also tried a different test: Using The Last Hurrah main menu mission, send the Eagle and two Falcons (all with Eliminate order) against Onslaught.
This one is quite unsatisfying because it depends on luck with positioning and the Falcon's Harpoons, but here it is for completeness

- Onslaught wins with 32% hull (woah)
- Onslaught loses, one Falcon dead, one Falcon at ~0% hull, Eagle at 85% hull

- Onslaught Alter loses, both Falcons dead, Eagle at 27% hull
- Onslaught Alter wins with 7% hull
[close]
[close]
EDIT: Just occurred to me that a literal interpretation of 'double' the flux stats would also affect capacity. Now that would be extra fun to try.

You can try an Onslaught with doubled flux stats.  It's called a Reisen(M).  It only produces 5 dp better performance in the sim, and minor tweaks to combat behavior eliminate that.

Your principles are blatantly false, primarily because shields and weapons consume so much flux that increases in raw stats don't result in better performance compared to management.  Only speed and weapon composition produce significant changes.

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2022, 02:11:42 AM »

is the UAF a custom/original faction or is it from something else?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2022, 02:19:34 AM »

You can try an Onslaught with doubled flux stats.  It's called a Reisen(M).  It only produces 5 dp better performance in the sim, and minor tweaks to combat behavior eliminate that.

Your principles are blatantly false, primarily because shields and weapons consume so much flux that increases in raw stats don't result in better performance compared to management.  Only speed and weapon composition produce significant changes.
"Can kill in a standoff engagement with little or no hull damage" is not what I normally categorize as the value of a 1/8th DP increase.

Your second paragraph is just plain logically incoherent ("shields and weapons consume so much flux that more flux doesn't help") and flatly contradicts how the entire experienced playerbase builds their ships without contrary evidence. Nor have you responded to my actual results finding that doubling one flux stat turns around the results of Onslaught combat results by significant amounts in exactly the direction expected, even though Onslaught is actually the weakest example because its effective weapon flux consumption is far lower than the apparent figure; it's a lot more noticeable on something like an Enforcer.

I'm done with this discussion, unless you wish to (say) join the ongoing PvP tournament and do a build that abandons flux stats for, well, anything else. See how far flux not mattering gets.

Bonus
It takes <30 seconds of thought to make a Reisen(M) variant that defeats the Onslaught in both stand-off and knife fight (with the player controlling the Ons in the knife fight):

"But Histi! That just shows that the loadout is what matters!"
I never said loadout didn't matter, did I? Only if the Reisen didn't have the flux stats it has, do you think it'd win the knife fight even with the new loadout?* Or rather, what stat is it you think lets the loadout work to begin with?

*If you have trouble guessing, consult the results on the Onslaught kiss test in the previous post, or rather, simply look at the screenshot below where the Reisen(M) base dissipation has gone from 1600 -> 800

[close]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 04:08:17 AM by Histidine »

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 27, 2022, 03:55:06 AM »

huh....

Found some diagrams for robotech's bigger ships and some of thoses have a resemblence with the larger ships in this mod

coincidence or was that intended ?

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1b / g1da_exp
« Reply #431 on: September 27, 2022, 03:20:31 PM »

Edit: Bug seems to no longer be present with latest experimental patch. Not sure if you had fixed it or if it was just my game being weird but either way.

So, another issue with supercapitals...

No idea if it's been mentioned before, but Solvernia and Novaeria both have this funny thing where the main shield doesn't like to actually stop anything. As the shield initially unfolds, it sort of "flickers" and every millisecond or two it will alternate between blocking and not blocking projectiles, but then once it's open it simply doesn't stop anything. It has a similar flickering effect near the edges when the shield is rotating as well.

Sometimes if shots go between the prongs of the hull they will randomly be absorbed by the shield when they get near the main hull, but anything aimed at the defense sections will without fail ignore the shield and damage them.

Not sure if this applies to Cherry Vanguard since I haven't gotten my hands on one yet. Honestly it might just be a me problem, because in this save I've been in I have found exactly zero keycards by cycle 238 (besides one that dropped from the affiliate thing on Favonius), and I have no clue why that might be happening.

Love the mod tho, very fun, keep it up
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 07:43:10 PM by Weedy »

_YuukiFeya_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 27, 2022, 09:11:20 PM »

Hi, I have a question about certain mechanics in UAF (From version 0.72g1c)

I noticed that fighters with limited ammo (e.g. Noversky, Forlon) will return to their carrier when they run out of ammo despite the description explained that they won't unless ordered to regroup. Is it a bug or the descriptions are outdated?

Also is it normal for Raisen(M) (November Raisen) system to be the Burn Drive? I believed it was Rangefinder before the update but now it is a Burn Drive.

Anyways I have so much fun playing with the mod. I really love the Queen's shadow(Automata) ships a lot. Thank you for your amazing work! ^-^
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 09:16:19 PM by _YuukiFeya_ »

raptormother

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 28, 2022, 12:16:57 AM »

Hello! I am currently running the mod in version 0.7.2e1, is it safe to update to the latest non-experimental, or does it require a new save? Thank you kindly!

Aevita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 28, 2022, 08:50:26 PM »

I think i figured out what is the deal with Rafflesya.

It keep getting counted as lost, even tho it successfully dock back => Leading to the game doesn't understand what it is since it use a special launch sequence instead of a normal one.

This WILL happen when Raffle-chan getting hit a lot, suffer some to major damage and trigger the real "docking" mechanic of the game by making the planes "Disappear" for a moment and respawn it later => and since Raffle chan base replacement time is 9999, she's gone "forever".

This occured in both 0.721b and g1da_exp

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 78