Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 569441 times)

HeWhoSalads

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1b / g1c_exp
« Reply #405 on: September 22, 2022, 09:11:21 PM »

Go to the Lunamun bar while being Cooperative with UAF, that should be it
(if you're getting it for the first time, if you already encountered it and picked the wrong dialog options there may be complications)

Lunamun, Aoi -> Take shuttle to the bars -> "A woman can be seen grieving alone at the far corner". I don't remember if you need rep with UAF however I didn't notice having the option till I was cooperative.

Thank you both! I wasn't sure but it turns out I'm still only Friendly with them.

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 23, 2022, 02:28:47 PM »

Few things to note after update (0.72g1b)
Spoiler
Novaeria -
if you use makeshift shield gen on modules they lose any sort of hit detection or collision
engine module has a bunch of ? ? ? ? in "auroran melody modification",still no idea of its purpose as it doesnt seem like hullmods work on main ship and it only has 6 small slots
ship itself still has weirdly high turn rate,not sure if its intended or not as other 2 capitals are much less agile
shield is completely broken (it doesnt work)

Cherry -
2 PD decorative guns in front can be taken off,they are in small synergy slots
could use makeshift shield gen on modules,not sure if intended or not
2 topmost small balistic slots on core module are slightly out of texture and are not visible on the ship

you can bug-talk to queen if you interract with her and just switch a little

cant seem to figure out alternative way to progress with UAF outside of commision
files mention "you need to be commissioned or allied" but doesnt seem like NEX alliance works,i also was told that 51+ rep on nia should unlock that option but doesnt work either even with max rep,having any clarification on this would help

if/when i find something else,will add it in here
[close]
a random crash when went to bar on one of the core planets
Spoiler
1909295 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [Starsea.ogg]
1909296 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [Unknown.ogg]
1909310 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [uaf_final_friendly_market_loop1.ogg]
1909749 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [uaf_final_friendly_market_loop1.ogg]
1909751 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [uaf_final_friendly_market_loop1.ogg]
1910736 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 10:35:41 AM by Stalkar »

VolkRonin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 23, 2022, 06:48:04 PM »

Hello again, I'm torn as to whether this is truly a bug or just a side effect but I thought I'd take it up with you since I noticed it on UAF ships. So far seen it on g1b and g1c experimental.

For one, I don't think radar dish sprites are supposed to be animating at such high speed;

For two, as to what I've done to even achieve this, I used Progressive S-Mods feature of raising the built-in hullmod limit, but the visual bug only appears when you build in more than 3 hullmods. Nothing game breaking but really strange to catch on ships where its noticeable like the Purcellyra and the Neuxoria.

I can't tell if its a Java 8 side effect, Prog S-Mod related, or just some way animated sprites/modules are handled, and I don't know enough to tell any of them.
If its neither of the above, that's even more of a headscratch.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 06:50:51 PM by VolkRonin »
Fighters and missiles.. or missiles and fighters?

ithaqua

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 23, 2022, 07:31:34 PM »

I'm on the experimental branch (72g1c), and out of curiosity, did the 40 ACX get buffed? This thing is just melting hull whenever I use it, to the point where it heavily outshines the other large anti-armor ballistic options for this faction. In my previous playthrough (72f3e), I don't recall this weapon having even close to this much power. I might've just not been playing as close of attention, but if this is currently being tweaked then the strength might be a little too buffed. This could just be my personal preference for big guns being better than small guns though lol

Edit: Also the new semibreve visual effect looks amazing, significantly more terrifying to learn that it was changed while fighting against it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 09:09:01 PM by ithaqua »

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2022, 02:02:21 AM »

Have you tell that Isenoria's radar operator and tell him to calm down? Semibreve ain't real, trust me. That aside, this is probably the funniest bug I ever seen, thanks for sharing.

Aevita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2022, 06:05:18 AM »

I have some bug report 0.72g1b

Isenoria SUPER heavy bomber sometime dock, and then refuse to leave. I have no idea what trigger it. The skill bar just stuck at standby, press it and it went into cool down, the bomber refuse to leave.

It work fine most of the time, but some time that happen.

I only use UAF, Scarla tech and Iron Shell mods

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2022, 02:26:43 PM »

Spoiler
And a Reisen vs Onslaught comparison isn't reasonable.  Reisen simply excels in all the places the Onslaught doesn't.   It's faster, and I mean, it's actually got two large mounts pointed in the same direction!  Revolutionary!
So, you yourself have noticed that Reisen is an Onslaught with none of its weaknesses. Which is one of the things people normally mean by 'OP', so why is that claim in dispute again?

Also, saying it's unreasonable to compare the Reisen to the first vanilla analogue just about everyone will think of on sight is... a take.

I've done this (Radiant vs Resisen (M)).  The Reisen(M) practically overfluxes itself, and adding a gamma core makes it a cakewalk.   This is why I think you're talking nonsense.  I'll post a vid later, if I can get the conversion right.
I look forward to the explanation of how the vs. Radiant matchup – one I specifically did not cite – shows that anything I said (as opposed to being presumed to have said) is nonsense, unlike, say, the more pedestrian observation that Sabots and Reapers* are good actually.

*as part of a balanced ship fit

But now that you brought it up, I decided to try the matchups myself (Standard Reisen(M) versus the three vanilla Radiant variants, all unofficered)
- Standard Radiant wins with little?/no hull damage received
- Assault Radiant wins with 45-60% hull remaining
- Strike Radiant loses with little/no hull damage inflicted. An illustration of the limitations of relying on Sabots for all your hard flux, although an AI core's fearless personality might change how well this goes

A decent showing against one of the strongest vanilla ships, I'd say. I could try different variations (with comparable officers etc.) later, but I'm not sure there's a point if all it's going to be used for is to argue what should be completely uncontroversial points.
[close]

When I first started playing this game,

I've done extensive testing with the Reisen(M) versus the Onslaught, and the Reisen typically wins in an autopilot battle, but not by much.  5 DP much.  However, how it does so is interesting : the Reisen is consistently able to withdraw out of range and bleed flux.  Venting or whatever.  Same problem you always get when pitting the Onslaught against other capital ships.  It's one of the most poorly performing ships besides the Legion.

Again, it's speed and weapon behavior that typically wins the day.  You could increase the Onslaught's flux stats by double, and it wouldn't change much.  It would still ride at that last 10% of flux cap just like the Reisen does.

So I changed the test parameters.  Instead of autopilot, I just held forward and turned the ship to keep on target.  The Reisen was always near maximum flux unless it vented.  One last change to the parameters : I used full burn to close the distance so the PD was less effective against the four annihilator pods.  Consistently killed the Reisen in one or two rounds of venting.  Both versions, too.  Though the standard Reisen is a bad comparison because all its large mounts are kinetic, and the Onslaught cares nothing for kinetic.

Autofit sucks.  It always stacks too much flux.  The combat script also sucks, it relies on shields when the Onslaught is supposed to rely on armor and use shields to soak HE hits.

But the Onslaught can consistently beat the Reisen(M).

There are plenty of outright overpowered ships in this mod, but the Reisen isn't one of them.   Most of the ships have core vulnerabilities, and I typically refuse to use the (SP) ships because of this.

Balance in Starsector is a really strange beast.  It would be nice if it wasn't, but one thing I can say for certain is that flux stats have very little effect on low-tech ships.

Psyentific

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2022, 04:36:46 PM »

you should make the Minibreves from the Taufan(NFX) into a medium missile launcher.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2022, 04:41:10 PM »

you should make the Minibreves from the Taufan(NFX) into a medium missile launcher.

Becareful of what you wish for.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2022, 06:20:03 PM »

Well, that's ominous.  :-\

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2022, 10:11:39 PM »

You could increase the Onslaught's flux stats by double, and it wouldn't change much.  It would still ride at that last 10% of flux cap just like the Reisen does.

Balance in Starsector is a really strange beast.  It would be nice if it wasn't, but one thing I can say for certain is that flux stats have very little effect on low-tech ships.
If this were actually true, it would have shocking implications for the ship fitting meta and balance in general. Flux == sustained firepower and effective HP and its recovery, claiming flux stats don't matter is claiming those things don't matter.

If flux has "very little effect" on low-tech ships, to the point that doubling Onslaught's flux wouldn't 'change much', why is it standard practice to max vents even on LT ships? Doubling an Onslaught's base flux = 600 dissipation; meanwhile we're spending 50 OP for 5/6 of that benefit; if nothing else, we'd now have 50 free OP to spend elsewhere.
Onslaught with double base dissipation (about 50% more dissipation after maxing vents) would 'still' be riding at near max-flux but it'd be firing 50% more non-missile weapons while doing so!

I did a sanity check:
Spoiler
Basic 1v1 sim test
Onslaught (Standard variant) mirror match, player Onslaught wins with 14%/47% hull left.
Versus an 'Onslaught Alter' with the same loadout but doubled base dissipation, alter version wins with 50%/76% hull. Onslaught Alter won even in the test where I botched the setup and gave non-Alter Onslaught ITU instead of DTC.

I won't even describe the outcome of the otherwise-mirror match where I removed all the vents from the player Onslaught.

Okay Histi, but I tried the Onslaught mirror match myself and it's painful to watch how skittish they are. They're barely using their dissipation. What about a matchup where the enemies don't just dance around each other?
Same test, except player-side Onslaught has an Eliminate order.

-Player Onslaught wins mirror match with 25%/10% hull remaining
-Player Onslaught loses vs. Onslaught Alter, with 57%/58% hull remaining

(While we're here let's do the same test real quick, with player ship being the Reisen(M)):
- Reisen(M) vs. Onslaught: wins with 98% hull
- Reisen(M) vs. Onslaught Alter: wins with 34% hull

Still too skittish! Let's try the Onslaught 'kiss' test
Manually piloting player Onslaught into other Onslaught/Alter's face, Annihilators on autofire:

- Versus Onslaught: Tried once, won with 94% hull
- Versus Onslaught Alter: Tried six times, failed each time (including the three where I was smart enough to not overload)
(manually firing the Annihilators, in attempts not counted above, just made things worse)

It turns out having a 50% faster combat vent is incredible, who knew
Honestly, I'm going to file the whole idea of flux not mattering under "surprising ideas are often false"

Multi-ship test
Also tried a different test: Using The Last Hurrah main menu mission, send the Eagle and two Falcons (all with Eliminate order) against Onslaught.
This one is quite unsatisfying because it depends on luck with positioning and the Falcon's Harpoons, but here it is for completeness

- Onslaught wins with 32% hull (woah)
- Onslaught loses, one Falcon dead, one Falcon at ~0% hull, Eagle at 85% hull

- Onslaught Alter loses, both Falcons dead, Eagle at 27% hull
- Onslaught Alter wins with 7% hull
[close]

EDIT: Just occurred to me that a literal interpretation of 'double' the flux stats would also affect capacity. Now that would be extra fun to try.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 10:25:49 PM by Histidine »

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 25, 2022, 12:51:26 AM »

Well, that's ominous.  :-\

methinks he probably already tried that and knows something we don't

Psyentific

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 25, 2022, 05:02:58 AM »

Five Minibreve launchers on a Purcellyra? No, no I won't be careful.

kehnneh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 25, 2022, 03:18:57 PM »

I experience a crash when loading this mod while playing on Linux using version 0.72g1b. The crash is caused by the failure to find two resource files:
Code
graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.png
graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.png
These files actually exist, but use PNG as their extension (not png):
Code
graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG
graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.PNG
Renaming these files to have the png extension fixes the issue.

MrMistoffeleez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 26, 2022, 03:46:10 AM »

I keep getting this CTD error

Spoiler
5773288 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Color parameter outside of expected range: Alpha
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Color parameter outside of expected range: Alpha
   at java.awt.Color.testColorValueRange(Color.java:310)
   at java.awt.Color.<init>(Color.java:395)
   at data.scripts.weapons.uaf_laserPrecannon.advance(uaf_laserPrecannon.java:69)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

I have a *** ton of mods, so I dunno which ones could be interacting with UAF specifically. Maybe Arma Armatura or laser colors.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78