Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 569707 times)

Aevita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1b / g1c_exp
« Reply #375 on: September 20, 2022, 08:07:25 AM »

When you put several other mods the UAF doesn't look like OP at all, I'm playing with it and many other mods ... it's not easy as many here say.

Well they only compare it to vanilla factions, so your opinion won't fly.

eamax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 20, 2022, 10:22:45 AM »

Well they only compare it to vanilla factions, so your opinion won't fly.

Honestly, if you only play with a single mod... you're the one who's wrong.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 10:32:09 AM by eamax »

eamax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 20, 2022, 10:34:35 AM »

In the time when we had Templar Knights that destroyed everything in front of them, nobody complained that the mod was OP, now this one can't do something different that has a complaint... I can't understand.

IroncladLion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2022, 11:02:54 AM »

Just heads up for anyone giving feedback about something specific in the mod, would be a huge help to include the version of the mod you are using (since there are several playtesting versions at any one time).

Nikmyth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2022, 12:18:28 PM »

Hey so an issue i have is that despite getting both faction reputation and Relation with Nia to max i am unable to request access, when i select the option nothing pops up, any ideas on how to fix this?
Hey folks, just wanted to come by and give those wondering about the "Aurora Diplomatic Bureau" lock-out / missing text with UAF Admins that I've seen mentioned a few times.

It seems that the Iron Shell v1.1 and 1.181 mod (link: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18297.0 , by Timid) is incompatible with the named UAF Admins "Spark A Conversation" option, specifically those relating to progressing the mod's faction story in the mods' version 72f3e and 72g1b. Namely Nia, AER-1A, Aeria Charllote, Alexandra Yamato, etc.

I'm not too familiar with the forum software, so I've uploaded the comparison images to Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/1Ld2rdy
Will update this in case I find any further mod incompatibles when it comes to progressing past Nia.

Even with soft-locking myself outside of progress, I can whole-heartedly say that I've enjoyed the additions that the mod brings to the game, sadly I'm not well versed enough to speak to specifics. Bless the team for their hard work and making this happen!

Aranokai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 20, 2022, 02:11:07 PM »

Just bug report, specific to Linux:
The case is matter -- if you refer to file as foo.bar, then it must be foo.bar and not foo.BAR

Found so far, please check
Code
./graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG
./graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.PNG
./graphics/weapons/Missiles/amazoch_light_asrm_dual/Sample.PNG
./graphics/weapons/Missiles/amazoch_s_asrm_single/Sample.PNG
./graphics/weapons/Missiles/clemente_s_mrm_double/Sample.PNG
./graphics/weapons/Missiles/clemente_s_mrm_single/Sample.PNG
./graphics/weapons/Reina MG PD/pd_reina_mki_hardpoint_recoil.PNG
./graphics/weapons/Reina MG PD/pd_reina_mki_turret_recoil.PNG
./graphics/weapons/Weiss FLK PD/pd_weiss_flk_hardpoint_recoil.PNG
./graphics/weapons/Weiss FLK PD/pd_weiss_flk_turret_recoil.PNG
[close]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #381 on: September 20, 2022, 07:32:21 PM »

I could have written a long post re. the balance discussion that people seem to want to keep going for some reason
but a) I'm at work and b) Cy doesn't need more of this stuff;

So I'll just say, half of y'all are acting like you didn't read BadDragn's posts literally two pages ago

also "this other mod is even more poorly balanced" is not a defense

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 21, 2022, 12:07:37 AM »

but then the "Its not your mod, let the guy do what he wants" defense is basically flawless

also the "if its such a big deal, do it yourself" defense is worth mentionning

but all gets trumped by the "I don't wanna" arguement

guy's literally making a passion project out here on HIS OWN TIME, WITH HIS OWN SKILLS and here all of you are pretending someone died and made you king....

AtlanticAccent

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 21, 2022, 01:55:10 AM »

but then the "Its not your mod, let the guy do what he wants" defense is basically flawless

also the "if its such a big deal, do it yourself" defense is worth mentionning

but all gets trumped by the "I don't wanna" arguement

guy's literally making a passion project out here on HIS OWN TIME, WITH HIS OWN SKILLS and here all of you are pretending someone died and made you king....

tl;dr: feedback in a feedback thread is sort of the point of a feedback thread.

I mean, I sort of get your point, but Dragn and everyone else are trying to provide constructive criticism, aka feedback. I'd say it's settled now, in that Dragn gave their feedback (in good faith) and Cy has turned it down - which is perfectly fine too.

But you can't pretend that:
a) giving feedback in a thread about testing a mod is somehow wrong and
b) this mod exists in a vacuum. The vanilla game exists. Other mods exist. And player expectations of mods exist

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #384 on: September 21, 2022, 03:15:18 AM »

I mean, I sort of get your point, but Dragn and everyone else are trying to provide constructive criticism, aka feedback. I'd say it's settled now, in that Dragn gave their feedback (in good faith) and Cy has turned it down - which is perfectly fine too.

Actually I addressed some of his points in the new patch along with other people's ideas. I din't write them in the change log appropriately due to the chaotic nature of balance changes. The UAF is being updated on daily / weekly basis, so it's better to just highlight note worthy ones instead. In conclusion, I'll listen and take what feedback that may be useful for the mod so long as it doesn't stand in the way of progress and passion.

Just bug report, specific to Linux:
The case is matter -- if you refer to file as foo.bar, then it must be foo.bar and not foo.BAR

Addressed. I'ma check if there's any more annoying big letter PNGs. I don't know that's even a thing smh.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 03:50:50 AM by Ryxsen1421 »

Deepfield

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2022, 04:37:51 AM »

Is there a way to retrigger the mission with Yimie? I accidently went to her early game and wasn't prepared. Figured asking for more time to prepare would be longer than a few days. Looked though the save and couldn't really find anything to reset it.

Edit: Nevermind. I've figured it out. She was at the bar. I thought she was a contact for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:53:03 AM by Deepfield »

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2022, 07:52:47 AM »

Talking of Yimie and Tilted Dagger, it'd be really nice if we could get a hand on a Hyper Aria blueprint... I might've been playing a little 'loosey goosey' with a carrier task force and got it lost.

Heck, just enclose it in the experimental blueprint package, or even the supercapital one if you think they're a little overtuned, because as it stands, if you lose a ship containing the Hyper Aria's it's basically lost for the rest of the run (I don't even think it has a salvage % chance alongside other strikecraft does it?)

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2022, 09:07:30 AM »

Heck, just enclose it in the experimental blueprint package, or even the supercapital one if you think they're a little overtuned, because as it stands, if you lose a ship containing the Hyper Aria's it's basically lost for the rest of the run (I don't even think it has a salvage % chance alongside other strikecraft does it?)

I mean.. that's pretty much a mistake on your end really. I also lost my hyper arias from time to time if I wasnt careful or not remembering what ship have it. They're suppose to be one-of-a-kind and can't be duplicated. Just like the supercaps.

It is a good idea though for when you just wanna have fun. Maybe I'll include it in the super capital blueprint and rebrand it so that we can always have that choice of consoling them in for giggles. I'd do it if you guys can tell me how to restrict the bp drop completely so that you can't obtain it through legal means.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2022, 10:59:41 AM »

suggestion: if you wanna add peticularly spectacular things for loot how about archeology quests ?

maybe quests involving ships that were thought long gone or who had gone missing (think bermuda's triangle stuff)

maybe even a quest line that happens once you stumble on a chunk of one of the larger ships, and finding all the pieces rewards you with some blueprints...

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2022, 12:40:37 PM »

suggestion: if you wanna add peticularly spectacular things for loot how about archeology quests ?

maybe quests involving ships that were thought long gone or who had gone missing (think bermuda's triangle stuff)

maybe even a quest line that happens once you stumble on a chunk of one of the larger ships, and finding all the pieces rewards you with some blueprints...

We have a water planet called Favonius. What if for every 2 months you can pretend you're salvaging in the waters for hidden treasures ( RNG on watcha get ) ? For a small fee of course. We have a canon reason to why there's ship wrecks everywhere after all.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 78