Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 586139 times)

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72f3e EA
« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2022, 02:51:02 AM »

Great mod, I'm having lots of fun experimenting with it.

On an unrelated note, how does the Novaeria-class work? i was experimenting in the sim with it since i just got it (on verson 0.72e1) and i assumed that i had to place everything that is not on the bridge on auto-fire but, the fighters on both bays would not engage, they stay permanently in regroup state.
I'm also having this issue in my campaign. Most of the fighters are not engaging.
One of the officers (Yimie) is the captain, since I'd rather fly a smaller craft.

Probably my dumb ass is doing something wrong...
the f3e version should fix that I believe

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2022, 05:53:06 AM »

When I have UAF enabled, the only way I can load a saved game is by starting Starsector from scratch and loading the game fresh.  Under any other circumstances - for example, if I load a game, play for a bit, exit back to title screen, load a game, and try playing - I get the memory leak error popup.  100% reproducible, every single time.  Having to quit to desktop every time I want to load a saved game isn't great.

Also very consistently, after playing for a while, saving a game starts getting slow and erratic, to the point that the game executable will freeze during the saving-game process.  Random save corruption isn't great either.

This is stuff I have seen within the first year of game time, so it's not like there's a lot of accumulated data to save.

This is with version .72e1.  I am using the JRE 8 and have modified my vmparams to use more system RAM (3072 is what I currently have it set to).

I also am using a fair number of other mods but the game runs very smoothly with them but not UAF - with the other mods and not with UAF, I've played for 10-20 years game time with no problems.  I could start doing systematic cross-checking - UAF alone, UAF plus Nex, UAF plus Nex and one other, etc - but, I admit it, the thought of doing all that work is a bit discouraging right now.

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2022, 06:58:12 AM »

When I have UAF enabled, the only way I can load a saved game is by starting Starsector from scratch and loading the game fresh.  Under any other circumstances - for example, if I load a game, play for a bit, exit back to title screen, load a game, and try playing - I get the memory leak error popup.  100% reproducible, every single time.  Having to quit to desktop every time I want to load a saved game isn't great.

Also very consistently, after playing for a while, saving a game starts getting slow and erratic, to the point that the game executable will freeze during the saving-game process.  Random save corruption isn't great either.

This is stuff I have seen within the first year of game time, so it's not like there's a lot of accumulated data to save.

This is with version .72e1.  I am using the JRE 8 and have modified my vmparams to use more system RAM (3072 is what I currently have it set to).

I also am using a fair number of other mods but the game runs very smoothly with them but not UAF - with the other mods and not with UAF, I've played for 10-20 years game time with no problems.  I could start doing systematic cross-checking - UAF alone, UAF plus Nex, UAF plus Nex and one other, etc - but, I admit it, the thought of doing all that work is a bit discouraging right now.
It's a problem with graphiclibs and magic libs I believe. You can recreate the bug with both of them on without UAF

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2022, 12:14:03 PM »

It's a problem with graphiclibs and magic libs I believe. You can recreate the bug with both of them on without UAF

You're right.  I just did.  Definitely not UAF's fault, sorry about that.

Any suggestions on how to prevent this?  Any specific things to disable?

ChronosEdge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 14, 2022, 04:59:14 PM »

so im stuck in the check wreckage mission the mission said to lock arround the planet but i am not finding anything, it also said i would need marines so i attacked the pirate base just to make sure but i still got nothing.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #335 on: September 14, 2022, 08:33:02 PM »

You're right.  I just did.  Definitely not UAF's fault, sorry about that.

Any suggestions on how to prevent this?  Any specific things to disable?
After asking around a bit: Try upping the RAM allocation to fix the slowdowns, 3 GB isn't much depending on modlist.

The memory leak popup can usually be disregarded unless it can specifically be connected to a slowdown or crash.

12PoundsofGoatCheese

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 14, 2022, 10:07:26 PM »

So my game has started crashing whenever I go into combat with UAF fighters, only starts happening later in the game.
199937 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [uaf_wing_pengawas] variant [uaf_wing_pengawas_gsp]: slot id [MODULE_ANCHOR] not found for weapon [uaf_triyia_pdx]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [uaf_wing_pengawas] variant [uaf_wing_pengawas_gsp]: slot id [MODULE_ANCHOR] not found for weapon [uaf_triyia_pdx]
Happens with every UAF wing I try to use.

StenKIRA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2022, 10:45:52 PM »

So my game has started crashing whenever I go into combat with UAF fighters, only starts happening later in the game.
199937 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [uaf_wing_pengawas] variant [uaf_wing_pengawas_gsp]: slot id [MODULE_ANCHOR] not found for weapon [uaf_triyia_pdx]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [uaf_wing_pengawas] variant [uaf_wing_pengawas_gsp]: slot id [MODULE_ANCHOR] not found for weapon [uaf_triyia_pdx]
Happens with every UAF wing I try to use.

I had this problem a while ago, the fix was to go to hullmods.csv and remove assault pack and the other next to it, i forget exactly what the name of the other item was but assault "something"

spifomie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 15, 2022, 12:25:57 AM »

Howdy! Made a account to post this. Love the mod, but was noticing a very annoying issue with one weapon, the Swaras missles (all sizes)

The AI doesn't like to use them, and I *think* its because their targeting them like guns. I notice when I put them on a ship who's angle the missiles significantly look away from where i'm targeting, they simply won't shoot them. On autofire, or when i'm actually trying to fire them (linked). Its a shame because their very fun missles to use!

not sure if this is a known issue or not or i'm just being a dunce, I just didn't seen to have this problem with any other missiles in the mod or elsewhere.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1b
« Reply #339 on: September 15, 2022, 11:26:14 AM »

[Click here for 0.72g1b!]
NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE after 0.72f3e!
CTD upon loading saved game(s) after updating to 0.72g1b, because of missing lines in hull_mods.csv for the Assault Pack and Assault Missile Pack hullmods; re-adding the lines from 0.72f3e seems to have resolved that.

Intended-by-yourself that 0.72g1b is not meant be compatible with 0.72f3e-created saves, and my edits will screw things up even further? Or an oversight that I've managed to solve on this PC, but with unpredictable results?

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2022, 02:31:18 PM »

Intended-by-yourself that 0.72g1b is not meant be compatible with 0.72f3e-created saves, and my edits will screw things up even further? Or an oversight that I've managed to solve on this PC, but with unpredictable results?

Of course it's not save compatible. Your edits will just ensure the crash-potential bugs ( related to some leftover experimentation that was overlooked and somehow affected our whole fighter line up ) stay later on. Although it will let you continue to play with your older save of course. The choice is yours.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 02:35:13 PM by Ryxsen1421 »

Commodore Stephans

• Ensign
  • Paid Hegemony Shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2022, 05:14:08 PM »

...I heard that there's a series of quests that comprise a story for this mod, of sorts. How do I start it?
Your friendly local Hegemony naval officer and the Persean Sector's #1 gunrunner to the Luddic Path!

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 15, 2022, 06:57:28 PM »

Got the new update.  It looks good!

Should mention a bug from the previous update : the Triya 30 has a strange behavior where it plays the firing animation while on cooldown, despite otherwise behaving like it shouldn't have a cooldown at all.  It basically goes into cooldown at seemingly random intervals, and playing the firing animation during that looks weird.

Shyul

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 15, 2022, 07:49:36 PM »

The "Weiss I 50 PD (FK)" performs extremely poorly against fighters. It's great against missiles but it can't kill a single fighter even with concentrated fire. I have been testing this gun and it can't even kill a mining drone! The shots seems to always miss unless the drone is litteraly on top of the gun.

Meelock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 15, 2022, 08:21:52 PM »

...I heard that there's a series of quests that comprise a story for this mod, of sorts. How do I start it?
Get cooperative with the uaf afaik.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 79