Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 569264 times)

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72f3e EA
« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2022, 12:10:18 PM »

hi! idk if this has been adressed before, but in some of the wings that "stay and fight until ordered otherwise" in their description just return back on they do their first salvo, this is not only on mixed flight decks shared with bombers and what not, but also when they're the only wing employed.

Idk if this is an issue with the text or the wing itself and, as i kinda want to respect the mod intentions i won't try to "fix" either of those.

Just wondering if you guys are aware of it, cause right now it's making it a bit difficult to design my fighters wings based on "waves" or not. I also thing some of the fighters are clearly intented to stay and they come out very weak otherwise with a very meager salvo for the price which kinda gave me a bad impression of some of the wings that would be fine otherwise.

I might suggest that we need a bit more distinction on the wings, at least in their description (of course when fixed) it should be clearer to know their intended use etc, i like watching fighters and what not but i think that not everyone should need to spend 30 minutes testing every wing to get an idea of what they do and which ones are "bugged" and that might be the main thing, cause maybe i found the need to test them because i saw some of them not doing what i expected to do which cost me a couple of fights as i kinda like going in outgunned and watching a very expensive fighter wing dropping a 500 dmg salvo and running away was a bit jarring.

I love the mod, thanks for your works guys!
You might want to address specifically which wings were you talking about? I am using aria and naga wings for pretty much 80% of my hangar slots and they seem to work just fine to me.

CptBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 10, 2022, 12:47:19 PM »

Sure the ones that don't do what the description says they do (stay and fight until ordened othewise) are

Forlorn, hyper aria, noversky, Aria and fisoyuz.

All of the other wings that state that will stay and fight do so, as in working as in description (even though they don't have missiles) are: both gunships, mitsurei, naga and lumayan.

I think that all of the ones that are labeled as returning after spending ordenance/missles and waht not work as descripted. I hope it helps

video of aria retruning after out of missile
description https://i.imgur.com/Rb62404.png they just have many salvos of missiles that's why it seems like they stay

Edit posted forlorn vid the first time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3haftOqUZMU
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 12:52:15 PM by CptBeacon »

Tutut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 10, 2022, 01:51:27 PM »

Hi, i downloaded uaf mod a few days ago and i can't manage to find the cherry vanguard supercapital.

I have the two other supercapital but i can't find the last one ,to which person do i need to talk to obtain it or do i need to find the  blueprint first??

I have over 75 reputation to all important character

syberion24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 10, 2022, 05:41:00 PM »

Greetings

I humbly come before you to ask of a simple request, hopefully to be thought about and implemented. Could you please add some ArmaA mecha strikecraft for the mod? I think it would fit the lore and playstyle of the UAF

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2022, 12:51:45 AM »

Greetings

I humbly come before you to ask of a simple request, hopefully to be thought about and implemented. Could you please add some ArmaA mecha strikecraft for the mod? I think it would fit the lore and playstyle of the UAF

Do you mean to say you wanna see playable UAF strikecrafts ?

'cause if yes, then I'm pretty sure you're not alone in thinking that...

and it is true that the mod "Arma Armatura" features a framework for player operable strikecraft and multiple mods have been made to add the functionnality to other mods by third party modders
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 04:16:20 AM by hydremajor »

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2022, 04:11:35 AM »

Need a player running on Linux system to do a brief check for a single start up run and see if it crash or not.

Snek7X

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.7.2e1 // 0.72f3e EA
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2022, 01:09:03 PM »

Heya Ryxsen, linux user here, ran the UAF 0.72f3e version and ran into the same issue as 0.7.2e1, a previous poster mentioned this as well, i did the same as him and i was able to play the mod just fine, it was an issue regarding lowercase and upercase in the file extension some paths were .PNG while the file had .png and viceversa

here:

Hello Ryxsen!

Great mod overall, but there are a couple of upper/lowercase mismatches in some filenames, which make the mod error out on loading for us few, poor Linux users ;)

Maybe you could patch these out in an upcoming version? Currently these need to by fixed manually every
time a new version is released (which is of course generally very much appreciated).
I put the affected files and definitions together below.

Thanks in advance!

* UAF version: 0.72e1

Code
Error loading [graphics/weapons/Reina II HMG PD/pd_reina_mkii_hardpoint_recoil.PNG] resource, not found
 - defined in:      ./data/weapons/uaf_pd_reina_ii.wpni'm attaching my log file as well if it helps.
 - actual filename: ./graphics/weapons/Reina II HMG PD/pd_reina_mkii_hardpoint_recoil.png

Error loading [graphics/weapons/Reina II HMG PD/pd_reina_mkii_turret_recoil.PNG] resource, not found
 - defined in:      ./data/weapons/uaf_pd_reina_ii.wpn
 - actual filename: ./graphics/weapons/Reina II HMG PD/pd_reina_mkii_turret_recoil.png

Error loading [graphics/weapons/fighters/155mm_class_i_recoil.PNG] resource, not found
 - defined in:      ./data/weapons/uaf_fw_155mm_class_i.wpn
 - actual filename: ./graphics/weapons/fighters/155mm_class_i_recoil.png

Error loading [graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.png] resource, not found
 - defined in:      ./data/weapons/uaf_claris_cn.wpn
                    ./data/weapons/uaf_cantata.cn.wpn
 - actual filename: ./graphics/weapons/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG
                    ./graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG

Error loading [graphics/weapons/Tona RG/sm_tona_rg_hardpoint_recoil.png] resource, not found
 - defined in:      ./data/weapons/uaf_tona_i.wpn
 - actual filename: ./graphics/weapons/Tona RG/sm_tona_rg_hardpoint_recoil.PNG

Error loading [graphics/weapons/Tona RG/sm_tona_rg_turret_recoil.png] resource, not found
 - defined in:      ./data/weapons/uaf_tona_i.wpn
 - actual filename: ./graphics/weapons/Tona RG/sm_tona_rg_turret_recoil.PNG

Error loading [graphics/ships/aria.png] resource, not found
 - defined in:      ./data/hulls/uaf_wing_aria.ship
 - actual filename: ./graphics/ships/Aria.png

PD. I love your mod
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 01:12:44 PM by Snek7X »

Snek7X

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2022, 02:11:19 PM »

On an unrelated note, how does the Novaeria-class work? i was experimenting in the sim with it since i just got it (on verson 0.72e1) and i assumed that i had to place everything that is not on the bridge on auto-fire but, the fighters on both bays would not engage, they stay permanently in regroup state.

when i ran a simulation with the individual part of one of the decks, the fighers did engage this time, but only like this, maybe im doing something wrong?

something else, how do hull-mods work on this ship, for example augmented drive field and high resolution sensors, they stack or work correctly if i place more than 1 across different segments of the ship? or logistics mods only work in the main section of the ship?, this is probably a dumb question lol, im fairly new to the game (and the mod)

Edit: well it was indeed a dumb question, just tested high res sensors and only work in the main segment of the ship
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 02:23:23 PM by Snek7X »

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2022, 03:33:25 PM »

Heya Ryxsen, linux user here, ran the UAF 0.72f3e version and ran into the same issue as 0.7.2e1, a previous poster mentioned this as well, i did the same as him and i was able to play the mod just fine, it was an issue regarding lowercase and upercase in the file extension some paths were .PNG while the file had .png and viceversa

Actually.. I was asking for a volunteer to test the upcoming 0.72g1a build. Psst.. its basically early access to new version. Not the public version lol. I'll send you a download link in DM, do not distribute it and be responsible as it is not a guaranteed stable build. Report back if its all good or not.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 03:38:50 PM by Ryxsen1421 »

Snek7X

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2022, 06:14:47 PM »

Actually.. I was asking for a volunteer to test the upcoming 0.72g1a build. Psst.. its basically early access to new version. Not the public version lol. I'll send you a download link in DM, do not distribute it and be responsible as it is not a guaranteed stable build. Report back if its all good or not.

ooohh i see my bad. Alright sounds good and i completly understand the conditions, send me the DM
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 06:18:43 PM by Snek7X »

Criarino

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 13, 2022, 01:52:55 PM »

why is graphics lib a dependency? I think graphicslib is responsible for a memory leak in my game but I can't turn it off because it is a dependency for this mod.

Also, I'm willing to give a hand with the programing, or at least help with this linux file naming error if it hasn't been fixed already.

eamax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 13, 2022, 04:41:43 PM »

why is graphics lib a dependency? I think graphicslib is responsible for a memory leak in my game but I can't turn it off because it is a dependency for this mod.

Also, I'm willing to give a hand with the programing, or at least help with this linux file naming error if it hasn't been fixed already.

You can disable features of the lib and even the whole of it as I remember:

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10931

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 13, 2022, 07:01:24 PM »

Is the Novaeria's "Auroran Flagship Modification" hullmod going to be reworked, since the weapon buffs only work on ballistic weapons, or is it intended to do that?

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 13, 2022, 11:44:53 PM »

You can disable features of the lib and even the whole of it as I remember:

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10931

Wish I'd known that sooner

Birolla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 13, 2022, 11:47:43 PM »

Great mod, I'm having lots of fun experimenting with it.

On an unrelated note, how does the Novaeria-class work? i was experimenting in the sim with it since i just got it (on verson 0.72e1) and i assumed that i had to place everything that is not on the bridge on auto-fire but, the fighters on both bays would not engage, they stay permanently in regroup state.
I'm also having this issue in my campaign. Most of the fighters are not engaging.
One of the officers (Yimie) is the captain, since I'd rather fly a smaller craft.

Probably my dumb ass is doing something wrong...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 78