Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 591342 times)

SniperCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72f3e EA
« Reply #300 on: September 05, 2022, 08:59:13 AM »

Found this mod thanks to IroncladLion and I absolutely love it! The ships are amazing and the feel of the south is a nice change from standard Starsector. I have noticed a bug I'd like to report though. It seems that when choosing to start as the UAF there's a chance you'll get the queen as your initial contact. Since you're not supposed to be able to interact with her until prerequisite checks have been completed, it seems to freak out and crash the game. Restarting with a new character gave me a different one and it was fine, so may just be bad luck.

One last thing as well, I'd love to help with the writing of the mod if you're looking for help! I've got experience writing for other mods and I've been wanting to help work on one for Starsector for a while now. Whether it's integrating lore into the story in an engaging way, or just proofreading and checking for errors or run on sentences, I can do a solid job! I'm not the best with other aspects so I'm stuck to writing though.

Count Crackula

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 05, 2022, 10:56:26 AM »

Bug Report:

Hey Ryxsen!
Using the latest version of the mod, and I can't progress the questline past Nia. I'm at 75 rep with her and 100 with UAF. I've tried being commissioned, not being commissioned, doing more missions, giving more cakes, etc. but I'm not getting any indication of contact with Irina, I've checked everywhere, in every tab of the game, in all UAF stations, just to make sure I haven't missed anything but nada.

For context I used the UAF start on Nex, and can give you my modlist if you need that too.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 05, 2022, 10:46:04 PM »

Bug Report:

Hey Ryxsen!
Using the latest version of the mod, and I can't progress the questline past Nia. I'm at 75 rep with her and 100 with UAF. I've tried being commissioned, not being commissioned, doing more missions, giving more cakes, etc. but I'm not getting any indication of contact with Irina, I've checked everywhere, in every tab of the game, in all UAF stations, just to make sure I haven't missed anything but nada.

For context I used the UAF start on Nex, and can give you my modlist if you need that too.

Just checking, have you chosen the <converse> option and asked her about UAF access?

TheProtagonists

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 06, 2022, 12:25:02 AM »

I'm pretty far into a playthrough with this mod and I was wondering how the keycards I keep seeing options for with the contacts are supposed to spawn. I haven't been able to find any through exploration or defeating bounties generated with UAF fleets. Have I just been unlucky or am I just looking in the wrong places?

No, this is an issue I'm having as well, I think another mod's salvage weights may be overriding it.

I think I'm also having the same problem. A few runs ago I was using mod version 0.7.2e1 with over 100 other mods but I was regularly getting keycards after battles. Started a new save with 0.72f3e and over a 20 cycle period I didn't see a single keycard drop.
So I started removing other mods and starting new saves to test the drop rates, and eventually I reduced the game to just UAF and its dependencies and I still was not seeing any keycard drops.
So I think the keycard drop rates may be bugged in the EA version, or that my testing method was wrong (I tested by using console commands to teleport across the sector, battling random enemies, and I tested for about 20 fights each save before concluding that no keycards are dropping.)

I can also reproduce the crash when adding the weapon blueprint into my inventory via commands, and the crash happens when I try to open the inventory when the blueprint is added.

Just want to add that I just tried running the game with mod version 0.7.2e1 using just UAF, its dependencies and console commands, and I immediately started seeing keycard drops again.
For good measure I tried again with 0.7.2e1 but with over 100 other mods, and again I was able to see a keycard drop after the first test fight.
So I think it's enough for me to report that keycard drops are broken in mod version 0.72f3e.

kinathis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 06, 2022, 12:29:11 AM »

I am also having this issue. I'm at 100 rep with both Nia and the UAF. When doing the CONVERSE option and asking for UAF access it gets no dialogue and the only option is "nevermind"

HOWEVER, i did find that after i resigned my commission with another faction and then asked for a commission with the UAF and was accepted. After that i tried asking for access again and only then did i get it. the full dialogue and options.

Cherepok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 06, 2022, 04:03:41 AM »

Firstly, thanks for your work on making this great mod, I've been playing with it for weeks after I found it by accident in youtube review. I really like every bit of it, from great sound and music to design and implementation of guns.

But I ran into something, that if isn't a bug, at least IMO an unintended feature. I founds blueprint, which is in attached screenshot, after searching in ruins.
Also, black market weapons dealers sell both semibreve and taufan. About the last sentence, I am not sure if is it as it should be, because I have yet to unlock special markets from the mod and I am not sure would they be there or it is the way you acquire them.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Count Crackula

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 06, 2022, 05:02:00 AM »

I am also having this issue. I'm at 100 rep with both Nia and the UAF. When doing the CONVERSE option and asking for UAF access it gets no dialogue and the only option is "nevermind"

HOWEVER, i did find that after i resigned my commission with another faction and then asked for a commission with the UAF and was accepted. After that i tried asking for access again and only then did i get it. the full dialogue and options.

I got this exact problem, but the fix worked! Thanks for commenting!

Sparkz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 06, 2022, 05:29:53 AM »

Taking the commission worked for me but is that what is supposed to happen? I'm pretty sure in my previous game I didn't need to. I am also stuck on the military contact now. I saw somewhere else someone mentioned if you did Mia's rep before the faction it could cause issues. Loving the mod just trying to figure out what is intended.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 05:33:21 AM by Sparkz »

Ghosts of Razgriz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 07, 2022, 07:52:28 AM »

0.72g1 build is just around the corner, if you guys just keep reporting and solving things for us while at it. We can get the hotfixes and bugs patched out if possible before release.

Been trying to get in contact with thou, just wondering if you need a writer cause I'd offer myself for it.

raptormother

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 07, 2022, 08:29:09 AM »

Hi, amazing mod, I'm loving my commissioned playthrough with them!

One question... Alexandra Yamato gave me a mission to go "mining", but I don't understand how to do it. How does it work? What am I supposed to do?

Selvaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 08, 2022, 02:07:50 AM »

Hi, amazing mod, I'm loving my commissioned playthrough with them!

One question... Alexandra Yamato gave me a mission to go "mining", but I don't understand how to do it. How does it work? What am I supposed to do?
You need to get some minening ships and interact with planets and asteroids to mine them for resources :)
That's my take on it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 02:10:11 AM by Selvaria »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #311 on: September 08, 2022, 06:35:20 AM »

The mining 'mission' is pretty weird phrasing, and it's not like there's any handy rocks in the system to mine (at least that I recall).

Though the key point is: you can bring ore and rare ore to give to Alexandra as a gift. Much easier than buying choco lava cakes and donuts by the hundreds.

CptBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 08, 2022, 07:42:52 AM »

hi! idk if this has been adressed before, but in some of the wings that "stay and fight until ordered otherwise" in their description just return back on they do their first salvo, this is not only on mixed flight decks shared with bombers and what not, but also when they're the only wing employed.

Idk if this is an issue with the text or the wing itself.

Just wondering if you guys are aware of it, cause right now it's making it a bit difficult to design my fighters wings based on "waves" or not. I also thing some of the fighters are clearly intented to stay and they come out very weak otherwise with a very meager salvo for the price which kinda gave me a bad impression of some of the wings that would be fine otherwise.

I might suggest that we need a bit more distinction on the wings, at least in their description (of course when fixed) it should be clearer to know their intended use etc, i like watching fighters and what not but i think that not everyone should need to spend 30 minutes testing every wing to get an idea of what they do and which ones are "bugged" and that might be the main thing, cause maybe i found the need to test them because i saw some of them not doing what i expected to do which cost me a couple of fights as i kinda like going in outgunned and watching a very expensive fighter wing dropping a 500 dmg salvo and running away was a bit jarring.

I love the mod, thanks for your works guys!

edit I asked around the discord if it was intended, they where not figuring as bombers in the csv so i'm gonna report it as a "bug" now. One of the culprits is the forlorn but there where a couple more that while in description state they would stay just did salvo runs
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 12:06:26 PM by CptBeacon »

generalspammer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 09, 2022, 10:13:03 PM »

Not sure if mentioned or possibly resolved fairly minor bug that doesn't a lot to anything much.

Trying to talk to the queen before granted access results in failure as intended but swapping over to the market and then backing out opens the dialogue menus for the queen.

Only thing possible since cant make a contact yet is complimenting her for a smidge of early favor.

Semberspirit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 09, 2022, 10:31:07 PM »

I found a bug with one of the dreadnoughts. During combat with a number of Radiants, all enemy projectiles were passing through the Novaeria's shields and hitting the hull.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 79