Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 77

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 568787 times)

sirjames101

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.7.2e1
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2022, 01:38:12 AM »

the fighters all have very high crew amounts. like for example the mitsurei interceptor wing says 6 crew per fighter with 6 fighters in the wing. this would mean you lose 36 crew if you lose the whole wing which is devastating. this would explain why every couple of fights i find myself under crewed. hopefully this gets fixed soon cause it makes me not want to use the cool fighters this faction has.

i might also suggest changing the salvage mission marine recommendation. you need about a 1000 to complete that quest but it says you only need 300.

i would also like to say i love this faction. the ship combat style has been something i needed forever. its obvious that this mod will become a gem of the community similar to black rock.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2022, 11:25:36 AM »

Is nexerelin ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY or can I just run this without it and its just a little jank ?

AtlanticAccent

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2022, 04:11:27 PM »

Hi! Love the mod, love the sprites!

When you say not save compatible after 0.7.2d, what does that mean exactly? Does that mean saves started with versions below 0.7.2d are incompatible with 0.7.2d and above, or something else?

In my case, I started my current save 0.7.2d5a - is it safe to update to 0.7.2e1 with this save?

Also, small note that your remote Version Checker file still says the latest version is 0.7.1

Thanks either way!

Polite Pufferfish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2022, 02:01:26 AM »

In uaf_slvv_r_missile.ship, the hullSize is currently classed as "CRUISER". In uaf_slvv_l_missile.ship, the hullSize is currently classed as "CAPITAL_SHIP". I am not certain that this was intended.

Rzabat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2022, 11:14:39 AM »

So far I'm loving the mod, especially the ship designs! However I've noticed that the strike craft (especially fighters) have absurdly high crew complements which can result in hundreds of crew losses in even a small carrier engagement.
Also, do you plan on adding in a Commissioned Crews bonus? This mod has enough content to totally justify something like that.

SolarGalaxy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2022, 07:19:03 AM »

Thank you for the Mod!

Lots of high quality sprites to digest and good music as well.

So far I am loving the Shinoria (SP) with 5 Clemente MRM. Lots of medium missile firepower in subcapital combat.
Perhaps this strategy will falter when I begin battling with capitals.

For fighter, is there an easy way to compare their weaponry when choosing to outfit a carrier?

Something like the Super Aria has 3 different weapons with unknown parameters:
1 x 40mm CN Class I (Some kind of kinetic)
2 x AMSSM Class III (HE?)
2 x HVAR Class I (HE?)

Anariel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2022, 09:05:34 AM »

For fighter, is there an easy way to compare their weaponry when choosing to outfit a carrier?

2 x HVAR Class I (HE?)

You can check the details of the weapons by pressing F1 to switch between the weapon details.

SolarGalaxy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2022, 11:26:48 AM »

2 x HVAR Class I (HE?)

You can check the details of the weapons by pressing F1 to switch between the weapon details.

Thank you so much! :)

Over 300 hours of gameplay and I never noticed something as simple as this!

Now I can spend many more hours comparing weapons!

Rzabat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2022, 12:05:35 PM »

I've played some more of this mod, and I think that the 2 heavy cruisers (Lillaru and Seniraja, along with their variants) should show up more on the market. Unless Im doing something wrong, I find that I roughly only find one for sale every other cycle, whereas every other ship (even capitals) can be routinely found at all of the UAF planets.

Crablobab

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.7.2d5a
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2022, 01:15:44 PM »

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, my job is to throw this out here: when you colonise a planet with industrial ruins from industrial evolution, my planet had 3 different stability and "population upkeep" modifiers, which resulted in 549% upkeep and 10% income modifiers at 7 stab on a 200% hazard planet
the apparent problem can be found here

<incomeMult z="2547" b="1.0" m="0.09600001">
<mMs z="2548" s="uaf_bakery_base" d="Stability" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2549" s="uaf_bakery_popmod" d="Population" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2550" s="uaf_bakery_stabilitymod" d="Stability" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2551" s="ind_population_3" d="Stability" v="1.0"></mMs>
</incomeMult>
<upkeepMult z="2552" b="1.0" m="5.2135997">
<mMs z="2553" s="uaf_bakery_base" d="Population Upkeep" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2554" s="uaf_bakery_popmod" d="Population Upkeep" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2555" s="uaf_bakery_stabilitymod" d="Population Upkeep" v="1"></mMs>

Previously these modifiers were quite crippling and multiplied each other, replacing them with 1 fixed it, so in summary something in the mod gives you 3 more stability modifiers than you should have and "population upkeep", hope this helps
P.S the music is sick, thank you for the mod

Where are these config options located? I've been looking for a while and haven't been able to find them. Thanks.

Edit: found it, it's not a config file but actually in your campaign.xml save file. It seems separate for each colony, so you'll have to do it every time I think.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 02:07:22 PM by Crablobab »

xaz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2022, 08:05:05 AM »

Great mod! I really enjoy playing this mod. I have some questions though, after giving the card to yimie, is her quest finished? I'm just not sure if it's finished or my game just bugged and didn't trigger some event. Also, is there a way to talk to the queen even if you aren't commissioned with the UAF? I was commissioned with them originally and I had high rep but I resigned to make my own faction.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #191 on: May 28, 2022, 08:22:43 AM »

Fighter weapon classes.

Well, to put it simply; the higher the class numbers, the better the weapon performs in most cases. If you notice, UAF offers at least 4 tiers of fighters to choose from based on OP cost but expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. It offers you a chance to min/max your carrier loadout i.e better torpedo attackers but less air cover. and they also just happen to carry better weapons or more universal with their loadout. ( 5 ~ 10 ~ 20 ~ 30 ) I have this many weapon in order to have better control/management on fighter balancing since I want them to carry the same weapons as everyone else but some get to enjoy slightly upgraded version. It might be a bit trickier to get used to this because vanilla doesn't do that but I prefer to separate ship-based weapons away from fighters. At least I wouldn't nerf/buff everyone indirectly if I choose to do something.

Please don't mind the naming convention though, I'm not creative enough to come up with brand new names for every weapons that I came up with but I like these better honestly.

30/40mm = general purpose autocannons
76mm = fighter-based Tona railgun
57mm = Anti-shield heavy autocannon
155mm = Anti-armor cannon for gunships
HVAR = anti-ship dumb rocket
AMSSM = guided anti-air missile
ASMR = fighter-based clemente light missile
Exoscar = fighter-based anti-ship guided torpedo
USB = area denial/suppressive anti-ship bombs
Minibreve = tactical mini-nuke for taufan(NX)

Spoiler
[close]

High fighter casualty rate and commission crew bonus.

Oh, I see - I guess I din't really feel the massive casualty rate in my weekly test runs as I tend to have Recovery Shuttle and Expanded Deck Crew hullmods on my carriers all the time. Thank you for noticing the issue! Consider it fixed from now on as I finally understood what it actually means. I actually assumed it asked me how much crew do one fighter wing have instead of per spacecraft.

As for commissioned crew.. yeah, I've been asked for that even before UAF was released. I don't know why I haven't done it yet. I guess I'm not sure what I wanted for the thing? If possible I'd like to have at least 3 CCs ( carrier / combat / logistics ) that you can choose from but I'm not the coder and I din't know if its possible or not. I am currently indecisive and clueless, will likely to stay that way for the next couple versions.

Missing heavy cruisers.

Indeed, that's one thing that have been mind boggling for me for several versions now. For some reason, the faction really likes to spam rare stuff such as prototypes and elite ships while ignoring the heavy cruisers . I think I must've touch something that I wasn't aware of. If anyone know a solution to this, do please tell me!

Solvernia causing problem again.

Thank you for noticing it, I'll change it again and should be fixed in next version.

Fighter casualty, marine quest feedback and praises.

Thank you, although somehow I doubt that seriously with the amount of flak the mod receives for being.. different visually and aesthetically speaking. Regardless, I really appreciate you trying out the mod despite it being incomplete. Thanks for explaining how the fighter crew mechanic as well! As for the marine quest, I actually wanted to warn the player to prepare at least 300 marines due to RNG chance of mission failure. It's intentional, I wrote at least 6 variants for how you failed it. I hope you enjoy those random bit. I have notified my co-developer to actually lower the minimal marine requirement down to just 30 but the informant will still ask you to prepare at least 300.

Enquiry regarding Yimie and Queen.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy it! If you have given her the green card and receive the rewards ( Yimie, Mizuki and Hyper Aria ). You have completed the first half of the quest as its still WIP but stalled due to multiple reasons. You gained this much reward for just a simple RNG quest because I want to give everyone a chance to test the custom reward commanders and see if they're functional or not. As for NPC contacts, I am currently addressing this issue by allowing the player to manually request to regain access to UAF amenities via a certain representative. However, I haven't found time to test this yet personally so I'm not releasing Version 0.72e2 yet. If you'd like to have a sneak peek on whatever I've been doing, you can follow me on Twitter or Twitch. I stream my own gameplay sometimes just to give people a chance to provide feedback directly to me or just to have a chit chat.

Oh and if you intentionally said no to her at some point, that's actually a bait. The mission will also not resurface if you failed to complete it in time. You won't see her again so be sure to click responsibly or miss a pair of really good carrier commanders.

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2022, 10:41:09 AM »

i'v never been a missile fan...but the Purcellyra man. ever since i got my hands on it, i'v been using it exclusively. I never knew spamming missiles would be this fun!!!
love the mod so far.
tho i can't seem to figure out how to get my hands on the super capitals and or contact the head npc(can't remember the name).

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2022, 02:12:38 PM »

i'v never been a missile fan...but the Purcellyra man. ever since i got my hands on it, i'v been using it exclusively. I never knew spamming missiles would be this fun!!!
love the mod so far.
tho i can't seem to figure out how to get my hands on the super capitals and or contact the head npc(can't remember the name).

RN its easy just keep talking with contacts (military) and this happens

In the future I think I heard they will add an EPIC custom quest to get it like the yimie quest :3c

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2022, 02:59:38 PM »

Suggestion on how to get the ship.

That is correct, everything in the UAF is currently accessible and can be found anywhere because it's still Work In Progress. Eventually everything will be somewhat locked behind something and you have to earn them to get whatever you seek but for now, you get to enjoy them as my team and I continue to work on the mod. Think of it as Early Access, and don't forget to provide any feedback if you have the time to post it here.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 77