Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 584538 times)

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.7.2d1
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2022, 11:39:32 PM »

Wall of feedback.

Ah, I see - the portraits you chose are the old ones. I guess I'll go have a look at my early portraits and see if I can solve it or not. Thanks for pointing that out, you're the first to mention this small issue as far as I can remember.

Are you proposing to intentionally starve the faction ships out with OP? We used to be like that before public release and too many people requested me to give them more OP to play with their loadouts. I couldn't really get them closer to vanilla ships due to several things; we have all sorts of fighters available from 4 ~ 35 OP which requires a lot of room to freely load it up which is what vanilla ships cant provide. Our arsenal are going to be expanded soon, so I will look into them once I have them ready. It's not fun adjusting over 150+ ships variants over and over again you know? Also, does this apply to the whole line up or you only saw this on some ships? Point 'em out maybe if you do?

Awww, I tried to do that just back in the 0.71 version. Do you notice how we have something like double and quad barrels of same weapon type? We used to have something like this; the more guns one have, the faster it fires and cheaper cost but wider spread and lower alpha damage, vise versa. I guess I'll keep the OP cost weapon variations in mind for the future weapon additions, they're made specifically for the black automata faction as they're missing their weapon sets.

As for the fighters, I'm pleased to hear you've enjoyed them at least. I know the sizes are ridiculous in vanilla terms but so long as their designs resembles more of an aircraft than a space ship. I don't think you will find any trouble identifying them in combat. Just don't let that strategic bomber crawl up to you, she'll punish you hard especially if your ship are slow and bulky. and be very afraid of our supersonic torpedo bombers, they hit hard and usually came outta no where lol

I do have plans for the keycard, but we're currently focused on finishing the Yimie DLC quest first before going forth with the keycard gift shop. For now, enjoy the free money boost if you get one by luck.

Thank you for your feedback, I will consider some major changes if everyone else agree about the aforementioned issues. I'm still gonna look forward to that video though, can't wait for my turn to say "look mom, Im on youtube!" in my discord haha!

IroncladLion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.7.2d5
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2022, 02:07:34 PM »

SHIPSAh okay. Having more OP on the ships is indeed good for testing purposes. But should be toned down a little once your get closer to a "final release". I'll have to do more in-depth testing for specific ship feedback, as I haven't gotten to test all of them. Been trying to acquire the missile capital, but I haven't been able to recover it from the bounty fleets no matter how hard I try. I'll post any updates / feedback on the ships as I continue playing.

WEAPONSI did see the different versions of the weapons! More barrels = more power but less accuracy and range. Excellent design choice, no problems there. But for the weapons I'm thinking of that do that, both versions are the same OP cost. All small weapons are 5-6 OP, all medium weapons are 10 or 12 OP, etc. So the biggest thing I'd still hammer down is more variation in OP cost. There is nothing wrong with a 'weak' weapon, as long as it's OP cost is low for balance. The "reina" autocannon PD for example could be brought down to 3 op and weakened a bit. With the weiss being the higher cost and more effective PD. You have good variation in the types of weapons, just once again, the OP costs are all similar. Cheap weapons for example let you spend far less OP on the stern of your ship if you think you can keep your butt covered, or maybe you want to spend extra OP on your large mounts, etc. It allows more customization in refitting.

FIGHTERS & BOMBERS I'll keeping testing these, but they all seem pretty effective, and I love the variation in uses and OP costs.

VIDEO I'm currently in the middle of a 'beginner campaign walkthrough' series which is taking most of my time, so it might be awhile (like several months), but this mod will be the first on the list!

Seti

• Ensign
  • A friendly AI core
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.7.2d5a
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2022, 01:30:49 AM »

Just finished a save with this mod
Just wanted to say, having those 3 of the flagships, Novaeria, Solvernia and Cherry
God that was just the best experience i had, just having a few really powerful ships, is much better than any giant fleet
Can you help me buy some milk?

WMGreywind

• Lieutenant
  • The circuit is one. And one is the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2022, 02:49:16 AM »

Hey, thanks for adding the UAF ships to the sim battle. Gonna be really interesting to test out fighting against UAF ships without having to make an enemy out of the UAF.

Phantasia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2022, 11:11:46 AM »

Linux users will need to rename the two following files in `graphics/weapons/fighters/` in order to avoid a CTD before reaching the main menu:
- `57mm_class_iii_recoil.png` to `57mm_class_iii_recoil.PNG`
- `155mm_class_i_recoil.png` to `155mm_class_i_recoil.PNG`
Alternatively you can look for where these files are referenced and point the paths to use lowercase version...but that's more tedious to handle between updates.

Also if the Favonius tourist spawn rates are going to remain as they are from the 10x spawn rate buffs back in March at least make it customisable.
I don't know about other AMD Linux users but the screenshot below is an example of the extreme lag that I get whenever I come for a visit:
Spoiler

[close]
It looks like the fleets tend to linger around since they're in combat all the time.
This doesn't just apply at the planet but also the jump points in and out of the system since those are also places where they gather.

EDIT: Added another image for 3 in total. The last is the worst so far...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 11:32:24 PM by Phantasia »

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2022, 12:39:01 AM »

Feedback

I'll ask my co-dev to disable this until I figure out a better way to show civilian traffic in and out of the resort world.

Halo6301

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2022, 06:39:03 PM »

Hi!

So, the game plays nicely though for me, it feels like this is a faction more set on having you NOT taking control of the ships since they are that well armed to handle their own. It also feels like as a commissioned UAF captain, it feels like starting off is tricky but you get rewarded with better and better gear that snowballs real damn quickly once you get enough good attention on you.

Currently, I am stuck on the DLC question that is asking me to go to Namnlos to search for the wreckage after using the marines. Not sure if it's a bug or not.

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2022, 01:42:54 PM »

I think the mod broke, the Aurora Diplomatic Bureau doesn't exist in my save, so I'm kind of stuck in terms of diplomatic relations with the UAF

Mihelev

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2022, 07:12:33 AM »

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, my job is to throw this out here: when you colonise a planet with industrial ruins from industrial evolution, my planet had 3 different stability and "population upkeep" modifiers, which resulted in 549% upkeep and 10% income modifiers at 7 stab on a 200% hazard planet
the apparent problem can be found here

<incomeMult z="2547" b="1.0" m="0.09600001">
<mMs z="2548" s="uaf_bakery_base" d="Stability" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2549" s="uaf_bakery_popmod" d="Population" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2550" s="uaf_bakery_stabilitymod" d="Stability" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2551" s="ind_population_3" d="Stability" v="1.0"></mMs>
</incomeMult>
<upkeepMult z="2552" b="1.0" m="5.2135997">
<mMs z="2553" s="uaf_bakery_base" d="Population Upkeep" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2554" s="uaf_bakery_popmod" d="Population Upkeep" v="1"></mMs>
<mMs z="2555" s="uaf_bakery_stabilitymod" d="Population Upkeep" v="1"></mMs>

Previously these modifiers were quite crippling and multiplied each other, replacing them with 1 fixed it, so in summary something in the mod gives you 3 more stability modifiers than you should have and "population upkeep", hope this helps
P.S the music is sick, thank you for the mod

IroncladLion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2022, 04:47:37 PM »

Can confirm the issue with the industrial evolution. I've got multiple stability modifiers on all my colonies.

Also I've gotten a hard crash as well as a game freeze when using full retreat. Every time I've tried, something bad happens.

Otherwise I've been progressing and testing more things. Figured out how to acquire the solvernia, failed the Yimie quest (Is she permanently stuck on house arrest?), but how about the other dreadnoughts, like the cherry? Is it possible to explain how to get the big ships without public spoilers? (either dm or link to directions would be fine)

After further testing, balance is actually much better than I originally thought. Without boosts pretty much all the ships are well balanced, especially the frigates and destroyers. And the battlecarrier and other capitals are in a better place since your tweaks to their systems. I'm still trying to get the missile capital, but one day we'll get it. I had a quick note about the bombers. I've been using the hibiscus bombers and oh man, they are fun. I've noticed they are actually in many ways more capable than the medium or heavy strategic bomber, as they release their payload far earlier. Is it possible to get the medium and heavy bomber to release the bombers a bit earlier? I feel like the strat bomber is very slow and doesn't drop it's bombs till it's very close. I'd love to see it lose a bit of health and be made slightly faster. Right now I feel the strat bomber is better at tanking enemy ship cannons than actually being a bomber haha. And for 20 OP vs. 6 OP of the hibiscus, I feel it could drop it's payload earlier.

The earlier a bomber drops it's bombs, the quicker it can get back, get more bombs, and head out again. Sure it's more dangerous to your fleet (potentially), but it makes the bomber much for effective. The 3 hibiscus I'm using now is killer, and that's on the battle carrier. I'm sure it'd be insane on the dedicated carriers.

Oh and the gunships are very fun. Very effective against isolated ships, weak in large fleet battles. Gives them a nice niche.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2022, 11:37:13 AM »

Feedback

I'll ask my co-dev to disable this until I figure out a better way to show civilian traffic in and out of the resort world.
Like I said before, you could make all civilian traffic be from the Independent faction regardless of where they're coming from. That way they'd only really be hostile to Pathers/Pirates and would stop fighting each other all the time. The space between the Aurora worlds and the rest of the core becomes a transport graveyard far too easily.

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2022, 10:40:49 AM »

Feedback

Thanx guys, this is devastating for FPS - but idea is good, clearly need just limits quantity of tourists fleets to 5 or something like this.

Versil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.7.2e1
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2022, 11:22:39 PM »

Ryxsen1421 with version "0.7.2e1" got CTD:

36786 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - org.json.JSONException: DIRECTORY: D:\misc\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\UAF (data/world/factions/uaf.faction)
Expected a ',' or ']' at 4350 [character 4 line 220]
org.json.JSONException: DIRECTORY: D:\misc\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\UAF (data/world/factions/uaf.faction)
Expected a ',' or ']' at 4350 [character 4 line 220]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.class(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.oo0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

KarlianaVonMauser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2022, 11:45:53 PM »

go to mod date file -> world- -> factions -> UAF.Faction -> got to line 219 and put "," at the end of it

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2022, 12:04:17 AM »

Crash log

How embarrassing. I've uploaded new files with a brand new comma on the line, hopefully that'll be all.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 79