Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 587422 times)

Commodore Stephans

• Ensign
  • Paid Hegemony Shill
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.7.2d1
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2022, 11:41:57 PM »

I like the idea of this mod and what it does! The fact that it uses a .rar format makes downloading on linux somewhat convoluted, though; ran into some issues and I'm not sure if it's an issue with me not knowing how to use unrar from command line or if it's an issue with the mod.

Either way, any chance of a .zip version?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 11:43:56 PM by Commodore Stephans »
Your friendly local Hegemony naval officer and the Persean Sector's #1 gunrunner to the Luddic Path!

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2022, 01:14:57 AM »

Thanks for trying out the mod, .zip is uploaded.

Commodore Stephans

• Ensign
  • Paid Hegemony Shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2022, 04:23:02 AM »

Yooo ty
I'll try it out tonight and let you know if there's any issues
Your friendly local Hegemony naval officer and the Persean Sector's #1 gunrunner to the Luddic Path!

Commodore Stephans

• Ensign
  • Paid Hegemony Shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2022, 07:47:30 AM »

Found a bug. "java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.PNG] resource".

Looking into it there's only one pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.PNG, and changing it to a .png triggers a similar error; "java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.png] resource"

Phantasia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2022, 07:54:11 AM »

Found a bug. "java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.PNG] resource".

Looking into it there's only one pd_claris_cn_turret_recoil.PNG, and changing it to a .png triggers a similar error; "java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/weapons/Claris CN/pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.png] resource"

See my quoted post below.
The easiest way to go about fixing this would be to change all the names on the right-hand side to the left-hand side.
Afterwards you should be able to get past the loading screen.

FYI there's a Linux-specific bug: the mod won't get past the loading screen due to the case-sensitivity with file paths.
Specifically Starsector looks for:
- pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.png (not found) vs. pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG (exists).
- sm_tona_rg_hardpoint_recoil.png (not found) vs. pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG (exists).
- sm_tona_rg_turret_recoil.png (not found) vs. sm_tona_rg_turret_recoil.PNG (exists)
- aria.png (not found) vs. Aria.png (exists).
Once either the file paths or file names (but not both) are modified correctly Starsector can get past the loading screen when UAF is enabled.
Given the existing files the easiest would be to simply use lowercase file extensions.

EDIT: v0.7.2d1 still has these issues.

EDIT 14/04: Oh and at while I'm here can at the very least the existence of Tourism fleets that go back and forth to Favonious be dependent on whether the Sea Tourism industry exists on the colony?
I thought removing the colony via Console Commands would eventually lead to all the fleets to despawn (like you would expect of patrol fleets from a High Command) but instead it seems that the fleets spawning is independent of the colony and are hard-coded towards the planet (I can only speculate since the mod is closed-source).

EDIT: 16/04: Holy the Shinoria(SP) has a chonky amount of 210 OP to work with for no obvious downside. Compare it to the vanilla Heron which only has 100 OP to work or any other cruiser from the modiverse such as LoA, ScalarTech or Star Federation with OP only up to 150 give or take. For only 24 DP they bring a lot to the table. Unless I'm missing something I don't see this sitting well with the balance enthusiasts.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 03:20:02 PM by Phantasia »

Commodore Stephans

• Ensign
  • Paid Hegemony Shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2022, 11:34:53 AM »

See my quoted post below.
The easiest way to go about fixing this would be to change all the names on the right-hand side to the left-hand side.
Afterwards you should be able to get past the loading screen.

FYI there's a Linux-specific bug: the mod won't get past the loading screen due to the case-sensitivity with file paths.
Specifically Starsector looks for:
- pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.png (not found) vs. pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG (exists).
- sm_tona_rg_hardpoint_recoil.png (not found) vs. pd_claris_cn_hardpoint_recoil.PNG (exists).
- sm_tona_rg_turret_recoil.png (not found) vs. sm_tona_rg_turret_recoil.PNG (exists)
- aria.png (not found) vs. Aria.png (exists).
Once either the file paths or file names (but not both) are modified correctly Starsector can get past the loading screen when UAF is enabled.
Given the existing files the easiest would be to simply use lowercase file extensions.

EDIT: v0.7.2d1 still has these issues.

Ahh, alright, thanks!

Sunnyko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2022, 12:13:47 AM »

How do you manage to get a UAF commission if you don't start as them any way?

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2022, 12:14:15 PM »

How do you manage to get a UAF commission if you don't start as them any way?

Bribe a certain administrator in an independent station inside UAF territory with a bakery product, I think you can figure out the rest. Currently, UAF provides guaranteed npc contact as placeholder for future contents but they unlock based on that admin's rep level.

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2022, 02:16:09 PM »

ive been playing starsector for years and i think this is some of my favorite ship art ive ever seen. the sprites are gorgeous, on par in sprite quality as the other top ship mods like diable and blackrock 

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2022, 01:45:35 PM »

after playing with this mod for a bit i can safely say that these ships are really op

Juan-Dela_Cruz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2022, 08:54:40 PM »

after playing with this mod for a bit i can safely say that these ships are really op

Can you explain which ones and how?

Showtime178

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2022, 04:44:24 AM »

Hiya, I have an interesting bug that is making the game crash on the loading screen.

I disabled all of the mods but the ones needed to run the mod just to be sure it is the mod itself causing the issue.

Sure enough, from the crash log.

Code
17069 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ships/Fusoreina_Prototype_glow1.png] resource, not found in [D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\LazyLib,D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\MagicLib,D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\Nexerelin,D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\UAF,D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ships/Fusoreina_Prototype_glow1.png] resource, not found in [D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\LazyLib,D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\MagicLib,D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\Nexerelin,D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\UAF,D:\Starsector\starsector-core..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
    at com.fs.util.Object.Object(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.util.Object.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.String(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.super(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.graphics.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I checked, sure enough, the images for the glow effect are indeed missing. Just to be safe I re-downloaded and then re-installed the mod and they are still not there. So I just copied over the Fusoreina_Prototype.png twice (since there are two glow effects) and named those Fusoreina_Prototype_glow1.png and Fusoreina_Prototype_glow2.png respectively. And sure enough... Progress!

Code
14077 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.isDHull(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.codex.CodexData.Object(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.codex.CodexData.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.codex.A.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.codex.A.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Well, its a different type of error at least. I will try reinstalling Starsector and see if perhaps that fixes it and update this post when I have done so.

UPDATE: Re-installing an older version of Starsector has indeed fixed the 2nd error!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 05:08:39 AM by Showtime178 »

IroncladLion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2022, 11:09:37 AM »

Hey UAF team!

I've been playing the mod the last two weeks, and I have to say, amazing work. One of the best mods I've ever played. The ships, the weapons, the missions, the faction (music is great), it's all really good. Superb work from everyone involved.

I can't help too much with the code side of things, but I'd love to help playtest, provide feedback, and promote the mod. I would say the faction is overpowered right now, but I have some ideas on how to tweak it. That being said, it's incredibly fun to play! The weiss flak is what I've been dreaming of for a point-defense weapon. Love the splash effect that makes it look like real flak. I'd love to do a mod-spotlight video on my channel if that's alright. I understand the mod is still a work in progress so I'd want permission from you team.

Would love to help out however I can  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2022, 11:52:27 AM »

Feedback and request.

Hello, thanks for noticing and trying out the mod. Feel free to feature the mod in a video if you wanna and do please let me know when you have it up. I'll look forward to what you have to say about it, both pros and cons. Please do note that nearly everything is a subject-to-change, especially anything that uses vanilla things like missions and systems. The only thing that aren't changeable and absolute are my art style and its lore setting (vanilla unfriendly).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 11:55:31 AM by Ryxsen1421 »

IroncladLion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2022, 04:04:33 PM »

I have no problem with the lore or art. In fact the art is great! Really well done on the portraits!

The only feedback I have on the art, is that the background glow on some characters hits the border of the portrait which doesn't look good. All the major characters with colored background glow are fine, but I think a few of the male portraits had a grey glow that stretched out too far and touched the edges of the portrait box. So the true black does not blend, it creates a harsh edge in game. It's very subtle, but I did notice it, and could be improved. Attached some portraits which I think stood out in that case.

All combat ships all look amazing, looking forward to when the logistics & exploration ships are more fleshed out, fuel tankers look great.

Now as for balance, I'll offer some suggestions.

We'll start with the ships. Almost every ship has a sea of OP to work with, but especially the capitals. The problem gameplay wise is that there's no tradeoff. For the Isenoria which I'm using as my flagship, I can have several 20 OP fighter / bomber squadrons, all the weapons I want, maxed out vents, and that's before we've even started on hullmods. The point is, I can equip everything. There should be a tradeoff where I can have the awesome high level fighters, but then I have to give up the powerful guns, or the 50 OP I have in vents. Right now it's an amazing carrier, AND frontline battleship wrapped into one. Because you have to consider just how powerful the player gets once they start building in hullmods, boosting vents, and all the other bonuses. So to summarize, a good start would be lowering the OP of the ships and comparing them to other vanilla ships of the same caliber.

What I wouldn't want you to change though, is the overall design of the ships, those are great. There are a lot of hardpoints on the bigger ships, but we can work with that. How do you make a lot of hardpoints work? With cheap weapons.

So the weapons are decently balanced, with nothing being crazy overpowered from what I've seen. The problem I do see, is there isn't much of a spread in OP costs. Every small weapon from what I could tell was either 5-6 OP, and that does create a problem when refitting UAF ships. I want to use all the hardpoints, but the UAF weapons don't have a big enough low/high cost spread. What I'd suggest, is nerfing some of the weapons significantly, but also lowering their OP cost along with it. Something like the smaller weiss PD could do less damage, but make it 3 OP instead of 5. Either that, or add a special UAF flare launcher for 1 OP, that'd be fun. Then make some of the longer range railguns 7-8 OP instead of 6. This would provide a lot more flexibility for refitting UAF ships, and also provide fun tradeoffs. It'll take a lot of tweaking to get perfect, but that's the challenge of good balance.

The fighters and bombers, AWESOME. And probably the best balanced out of everything in the mod. The OP costs reflect their power well. 20 OP for the strategic bomber is quite fair for example. Only possible oddity was their sheer size. That special 25 OP bomber is HUGE, looks like it barely fits in the fighter bays haha.

That's all the general feedback I have for now. Faction as a whole the very fun, and I thought the bakery was cute. Are the keycards actually used for anything? Or just money? I couldn't figure out how to 'crack' the orange card for blueprints like it suggested, unless that's just flavor text. Cheers, hope that helps!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 79