Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 568829 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][OUTDATED] United Aurora Federation
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2021, 03:52:44 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is pretty much dead but... i hope you can update this.. The ships looks glorious!
Has nobody read the forum rules about necroing posts?  ???

alexwtb234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2021, 03:17:02 PM »

thats one of those mods i am willing to delete a save just to use it

Aramoro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2021, 04:34:19 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is pretty much dead but... i hope you can update this.. The ships looks glorious!
Has nobody read the forum rules about necroing posts?  ???

off topic but, is there a place to request old mods to be updated?

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2021, 06:58:41 AM »

i agree there should be a forum post for outdated/abandoned mods for requesting permission to update etc
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2022, 07:45:06 AM »

i agree there should be a forum post for outdated/abandoned mods for requesting permission to update etc

Spoiler
[close]

Your wish came true, the mod have been secretly under development and I tried my best to make sure that UAF pretended to be dead until I deemed its ready to be released.
However, the mod was already playable since 2 years ago, I just refused to release it because I don't want to rush it... but I guess I did.

Enjoy!

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2022, 08:54:21 AM »

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2022, 12:45:04 PM »

Congrats on the release, though just at a first glance the balance on this is awful - esp. for the capitals

I dl'd the mod and did a set of (extremely unscientific - 1v1, player vs ai in the SCVE mission) tests with whatever loadout came to mind first and of the caps I tested, 5 could beat an apex from Apex Design Collective hands down, with no competition.

3 main things stuck out to me (outside of the caps being boring stat sticks)-
  • whatever the missile cap is called - did you seriously never stop and think that 4 large missiles and 5 mediums might perhaps be op? (just drop it from the mod, there's no balancing that concept)
  • the 25OP nuke launcher - It can alpha strike everything into oblivion, the long refire delay kinda doesn't matter (tone down damage & up OP cost)
  • the fighters (mainly the 20op stealth fighter wing) - the high cost fighters seemed so good that the only reason why I'd ever use something else is if I don't have enough OP to spare (idk much about fighter balance ngl, but the fighters need a hard looking at)
not gonna lie I don't have particularly high hopes for the balance of the rest of the mod after this, I know it's a work in progress but some of this stuff is glaringly obviously OP.

I'll give it a shot in a normal run (and give some less "lol what were you thinking"-tier feedback), but I doubt they'll become a mainstay in my modlist for the above reasons.

also a silly lore question for my mod that might never see the light of day - I see the UAF make heavy use of AI, are they proper members of their society or are they subservient to the humans?

EDIT : lol you forgot to add them to the bounty manager

add this to your modplugin's onNewGame() to get them to spawn bounties
Code
SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("uaf");
and other players can use this command to get it to happen in existing saves
Code
runcode com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("uaf");
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 04:52:10 PM by Ruddygreat »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2022, 07:54:30 PM »

I'm with Ruddy on balance, but; kudos for adding some off-the-wall culinary commodities, even if chocolate lava cake immediately makes me think of the infamous meltdown scene from Chef.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2022, 05:31:11 PM »

they may be OP, sure, but the style of the mod, and the sound scape that is with the mod has quickly made it a favorite of mine, i have been having a lot of fun trying out all the ships i can get my hands on. i noticed that a lot of dialogue and flavor text in the game could use a once over for grammatical issues. but that is to be expected.

as far as it being OP though, i also believe that not everything needs to be balanced in line, some times its nice to be the boss in a fight.

keep up the good work. and make it like you want it. ultimately its your mod and faction.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Lemuria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2022, 05:28:16 AM »

Where's the source code of this mod?
Lemuria#0685 on the Unofficial Starsector Discord

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2022, 09:10:16 AM »

It's not included in the mod (@ author can you include it in the next update?)

also a (very) minor note - all of your portraits are in 128 * 128 and taking up 4x more vram than they need to be, the game only displays them at 64 * 64 (iirc, might be wrong here?) & the mod's already v vram-hungry, it'd be much nicer on lower-end machines if you cut 'em all down to the proper size.
EDIT: huh, turns out i was entirely wrong, dunno where I got vanilla portraits being 64 * 64 into my head, sorry!

(also^2 no proper feedback yet, elden ring came out before the UAF gave me any bounties so I've been playing that; though if you wanna get my thoughts as they are, feel free to contact me on discord @ ruddygreat#2615)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 12:03:09 AM by Ruddygreat »

Lemuria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2022, 09:41:58 AM »

also a (very) minor note - all of your portraits are in 128 * 128 and taking up 4x more vram than they need to be, the game only displays them at 64 * 64 (iirc, might be wrong here?) & the mod's already v vram-hungry, it'd be much nicer on lower-end machines if you cut 'em all down to the proper size.

(also^2 no proper feedback yet, elden ring came out before the UAF gave me any bounties so I've been playing that; though if you wanna get my thoughts as they are, feel free to contact me on discord @ ruddygreat#2615)

Is the source code out there? Well, I need to search harder.

And after searching harder, I think I found the source code.

https://github.com/suzakuchris/uaf
Lemuria#0685 on the Unofficial Starsector Discord

Goemon29

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2022, 02:10:06 PM »

Is the source code out there? Well, I need to search harder.

And after searching harder, I think I found the source code.

https://github.com/suzakuchris/uaf

That may be the source code of a earlier closed testing version tho. From what I remember CY was still doing stuff after Dezember so it doesn't look like the updated version we have avaliable to download atm.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.7.2a
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2022, 05:40:11 PM »

There's no obligation, but it's generally considered polite and makes it much easier to check for malicious code in a mod - and it preserves your comments, which simply digging around in the .jar doesn't.

As far as any misguided attempts at 'securing' code go, it doesn't do much.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 78