Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 591857 times)

Sanguinius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.74a
« Reply #825 on: May 30, 2023, 10:47:29 PM »

is the newest version of UAF compatible with 0.95.1a ?

Hello

So I tried to put the latest update on 95.1a by changing in the mod_info file, the gameVersion part.
Afterwards I didn't see if there were any in-game bugs, but I launched. a new game without worries  ;)

PS:  After a few fights, the game crashes with the latest version of this mod, but with the old one, no.
I conclude that it is not compatible with 95.1
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 10:46:07 PM by Sanguinius »

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #826 on: May 31, 2023, 12:24:32 AM »

Just noticed that the Medium Ballistic Explosive Ivory 254 Support has 2 barrels, but only shoots 1 shot, compared to the Kinetic Medlav 254 Support which also has 2 barrels and shoots twice. With both being 10 OP I assume this is just a mistake, otherwise the Ivory is significantly worse, it even has a slower refire rate.  This compared to the Rapid versions, with the kinetic gun firing 4 shots at a slower refire rate compared to the explosive version firing 3 shots with a faster refire rate.

I-is that an excuse to buff the heck outta those guns?  :o

vagabond1-akallas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.74a1
« Reply #827 on: May 31, 2023, 07:14:06 PM »

So something I noticed. Among the portraits, I noticed that uaf_male29_128 looks almost one to one with a certain character from Highfleet. Was he a reference to Highfleet?

Kalion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 31, 2023, 09:33:42 PM »

Just noticed that the Medium Ballistic Explosive Ivory 254 Support has 2 barrels, but only shoots 1 shot, compared to the Kinetic Medlav 254 Support which also has 2 barrels and shoots twice. With both being 10 OP I assume this is just a mistake, otherwise the Ivory is significantly worse, it even has a slower refire rate.  This compared to the Rapid versions, with the kinetic gun firing 4 shots at a slower refire rate compared to the explosive version firing 3 shots with a faster refire rate.

Lol maybe? It just looks like the Medium Ballistic Explosive Ivory 254 Support is out of line with the general progression of the UAF ballistic weapons, with its DPS being 120 which is actually lower than the small ballistic gun.

Also something to consider, would you be willing to add a minimum arming distance for the Semibreve torpedo like the Reaper torpedo?  Had a few instances where the AI would launch them with some random ship debris right in front causing them to blow themselves up.  :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 10:24:36 PM by Kalion »

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 31, 2023, 09:39:32 PM »

Am I doing something wrong? I started a new Nex game to focus on UAF, but I can't talk with my contact. Every time I try and converse with my contact it says to go to some non-existent embassy. Should I not start with an UAF commission and try it out?

Kalion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 31, 2023, 10:32:28 PM »

Am I doing something wrong? I started a new Nex game to focus on UAF, but I can't talk with my contact. Every time I try and converse with my contact it says to go to some non-existent embassy. Should I not start with an UAF commission and try it out?

I think you might need to talk to Nia on Vermillion station and develop her as a contact.  I recall some people mentioning that starting as UAF can sometimes make your default starting contact one of the contacts that you can't access normally until you've increased your relationship with Nia and ask for access to the other contacts.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 01, 2023, 04:04:36 AM »

I think he means the giant gun with two cyan metallics.
With a railgun coil chassis rather than the barrels.
I think he misunderstand the concept

Which Me too. (I also mistake this gun before)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 04:55:46 AM by hidefreek »

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 01, 2023, 04:53:48 AM »

I think you might need to talk to Nia on Vermillion station and develop her as a contact.  I recall some people mentioning that starting as UAF can sometimes make your default starting contact one of the contacts that you can't access normally until you've increased your relationship with Nia and ask for access to the other contacts.

Ah, that bug.
When starting as UAF and custom high-level character.
It will automatically develop one contract somehow to get a high-level one.
Sometimes get Robot Queen, and Inari which still lock because we don't complete Nia's relationship questline.
And it's purely random.

Perhaps needs some code adjustment so that the campaign character can't be contracted in Nex code.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 01, 2023, 07:12:09 AM »

I got Fatal: Bad type on operand stack

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 01, 2023, 07:46:34 AM »

Ah, that bug.
When starting as UAF and custom high-level character.
It will automatically develop one contract somehow to get a high-level one.
Sometimes get Robot Queen, and Inari which still lock because we don't complete Nia's relationship questline.
And it's purely random.

Perhaps needs some code adjustment so that the campaign character can't be contracted in Nex code.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll just go spacer and develop the contact at Vermillion then.

draconuszero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 03, 2023, 09:30:56 AM »

Hi! Whenever i try to start a new game with this mod, I keep on crashing after making my character and selecting my skills. I already am using the jar file from the Nexerelin forum page.

The error i see in the crash dump is attached.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #836 on: June 03, 2023, 09:32:47 PM »

Delete your whole UAF folder and extract a fresh one as replacement. Do this every time you wanna update any mods because people tend to remove or replace things in later patches.

DeathmanForces

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 04, 2023, 05:03:58 AM »

hello i got this bug that i think is associated with UAF mod based on the error location in the picture can you check it? i got this bug after i got an agent and want to assign her to a job after clicking her intel window.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #838 on: June 04, 2023, 05:33:44 AM »

hello i got this bug

Download the 0.74a1 version and replace your current UAF ( dont forget to delete the folder first ). Don't worry, its save compatible.

draconuszero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 05, 2023, 11:25:46 AM »

Delete your whole UAF folder and extract a fresh one as replacement. Do this every time you wanna update any mods because people tend to remove or replace things in later patches.

I tried it again after deleting the mod folder and adding a fresh version of the folder with the same errors after trying to make a new game. I also tried it after deleting both Nex and UAF and adding nex back in then UAF with the same results. I'm unsure if there are other mods that may be causing a conflict with this one, and the first post doesn't seem to show any possible mods UAF can cause conflicts with.

I'm not sure if I am doing anything wrong otherwise, as I already have the prerequisite mods and some other mods, though it looks like everything else works when starting a new game when I take out UAF.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 12:00:06 PM by draconuszero »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 79