Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 569139 times)

dirtnap

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1dc_exp
« Reply #570 on: January 23, 2023, 01:09:22 AM »

Man, I'm on Nur and I can't figure out if Yamato wants 200 choco lavas and 500 donuts... or just 200 choco lavas, since that's the number that's highlighted.

Snake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 25, 2023, 01:26:25 AM »

Man, I'm on Nur and I can't figure out if Yamato wants 200 choco lavas and 500 donuts... or just 200 choco lavas, since that's the number that's highlighted.
Probably the 500 donuts as well... I tried only bringing the choco lavas and there wasn't an option to gift.
eat the doritos

lol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 26, 2023, 09:37:59 PM »

downloaded this mod but it rate uncompatible with current version,i wonder why?

Vastin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 28, 2023, 11:21:30 AM »

downloaded this mod but it rate uncompatible with current version,i wonder why?

I got the same issue when I started recently. It turned out that the download of the main game I had was out of date - not the mod.
I think one of the front page download links for Starsector currently may be out of date. I found the newest version and then no issues.

Vastin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 28, 2023, 11:48:47 AM »

Just started playing SS recently, and after a short warmup vanilla game, grabbed the UAF and a few other mods. Just a few of my early thoughts on it while my perspective is still fresh.

1) The ship and portrait art are fantastic. Honestly it's the main point of the mod and it's great. It looks sleek and highly distinctive while still feeling distinctly in genre with the rest of the game.

2) from my relatively inexperienced standpoint the ships seem fairly powerful for their deployment costs, but not greatly so for a mod. Don't feel like I have enough experience with their line ships yet to really say.

3) Their fighters are gorgeous and I like the much more complex loadouts they field. The do feel substantially more devastating for their cost than existing fighters however. Using them from the vanilla assault carrier with targeting feeds seems especially devastating. The don't seem to have much in the way of weaknesses other than heavily overlapping fields of PD.

Honestly I find the vanilla fighters arather underwhelming, so these are nice, but maybe a bit far in the other direction?

3) I haven't yet used the infamous semibreve, but even the minibrev seems devastating. A heavy frigate outfitted with them seems capable of annihilating one or even a pair of heavy cruisers unless they field a sufficient dedicated PD.

Feels like they should either have their detonation toned down a bit, or perhaps a range reduction to force small ships to close to deploy them at greater risk?

Alternatively, making them dumbfire torpedoes with a proximity fuse that arms when the get in a certain minimum range of any enemy non-fighter and then detonates at closest approach would make the large radius of the blast a particularly interesting mechanic, with the expectation that they would rarely land a direct hit on vessels with functioning engines unless fired at dangerously close range, but would instead often do damage via the proximity blast?

One curious ?bug? with the minibrev is that the AI seems completely loathe to actually use the damn things. I had to fiddle with the settings of a separate fire control mod substantially before I could get my ships to start using them on their own.

Anyhow the mod seems just fantastic overall. At some point I'll need to do a run with the UAF as an opponent rather than ally and see how they feel to go up against. I'm guessing a heavily pd oriented doctrine would keep them from feeling too oppressive in general.

TheWanderer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 29, 2023, 03:21:48 AM »

I'm back, and not with a confusing crash report this time, just a question. Is there something special you have to do to be able to purchase the Cherry Vanguard or does the mission to purchase it spawn in the same way as the other UAF Supercapitals? I only ask because I've managed to buy four Novaernias and 3 Solvernias (and seen passed over one additional purchasing opportunity each - I think I have enough) without ever seeing a single Cherry Vanguard. Thanks, and great job on the mod!

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 29, 2023, 07:36:20 AM »

For a Solvernia, the dreadnought can have 3 squadrons.

But only 1 is within the core of the ship.

The other 2 are on the hangar subsection of the ship.

Due to that, the Engage command only affects the one within the core section.

Any way to fix that, cause I'd like to send all 3 of my squadron to fight, rather than just 1, while the other two remains regrouped around me.

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 01, 2023, 09:22:21 AM »

I added a bunch of mods today and it broke the Yimie quest somehow.
Spoiler
I went strait from her to Namloss, got the card and back, yet she wasnt at Lunamun. I tried leaving the system and going back in. Reloading also didnt solve it since I had saved just after entering Aoi again.
[close]
So as last resort I tried to restart the quest manually by altering the savefile and then it worked. I will leave this here in case someone else has the same problem.
Spoiler
Open campaign.xml with the notpad and set this part in the code all to false:

<e>
<st>$UAFHasMetYimie</st>
<st>false</st>
</e>
<e>
<st>$UAFTiltedDaggerQuestConditionMet</st>
<st>false</st>
</e>
<e>
<st>$UAFTDScavenge</st>
<bp>false</bp>
</e>
<e>
<st>$UAFTiltedDaggerPhase2Done</st>
<st>false</st>
</e>
[close]

mod list
Spoiler
  "yunrutechmining",
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "pantera_ANewLevel40R",
  "lw_autosave",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "chatter",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dassaultmikoyan",
  "hm_flagpack",
  "diableavionics",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "IndEvo",
  "Imperium",
  "timid_xiv",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "niko_morePlanetaryConditions",
  "nexerelin",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "speedUp",
  "stelnet",
  "superweapons",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "tahlan",
  "presmattdamon_takenoprisoners",
  "underworld",
  "uaf",
  "US",
  "shaderLib"

[close]
to be done some day... XD

Darthyank

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 04, 2023, 01:04:17 AM »

I love your mod so far.

I am a bit confused: I found a standart access key card (violet) and it says turn it to the administrator but she doesnt seem to care and doesnt give me a dialogue option.

StriderGunship

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 04, 2023, 07:49:09 AM »

Semibreves pushing away ships and not detonating, anyone knows how to fix this?

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 06, 2023, 08:21:06 AM »

I was trying to reposition the UAF systems for a bit of varity since they break if I use Random Core Worlds. Sadly it seems changing the starmap.jason file in the mod doesnt work
Code
{
"starSystemLocations":{
"uaf_aoi":[-28400,-40000],
"uaf_stjarna":[-35400,-41000]
}
}
I looked into everything that wasnt the .jar files, sadly only found definition for auroria, lunamon and resort.
Is there a way to achive this?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 06, 2023, 10:06:00 AM »

I was trying to reposition the UAF systems for a bit of varity since they break if I use Random Core Worlds. Sadly it seems changing the starmap.jason file in the mod doesnt work
Spoiler
Code
{
"starSystemLocations":{
"uaf_aoi":[-28400,-40000],
"uaf_stjarna":[-35400,-41000]
}
}
[close]
I looked into everything that wasnt the .jar files, sadly only found definition for auroria, lunamon and resort.
Is there a way to achive this?
Did you make sure that your change was after UAF in the load order?

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 09, 2023, 06:06:40 PM »

Did you make sure that your change was after UAF in the load order?
I did change the UAF mod itself.

Ausername123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 13, 2023, 01:38:50 AM »

The mod is great found it from a random youtube algorithm decided you should watch starsector mod review videos today.

The multipart supercaps are super cool as partial ship destruction is more realistic and cool looking. The base game could improve upon their multipart ship implementation to make it more applicable to not just supercaps as ships no longer just instantly go boom at 0hp. And the fact the disabled sections of the ship still protect the core parts until they break off is also really cool visually. I know and can tell it must be a nightmare the current way it works to prevent the game from breaking but it is really good work.

Cipher_Oblivion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 13, 2023, 01:44:11 AM »

Is there any way to cram a massive wave motion gun into the bow of the Solvernia? I need bigger glowing anime beams to complete my aesthetic. :)

This mod is great. Best art I've seen in Starsector modding, and the faction is very unique.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 78