Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 78

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 569678 times)

Cry0genic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.51a-RC6][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.72g1dc_exp
« Reply #495 on: October 24, 2022, 12:37:13 AM »

(Image link seems to be broken, which is a damn shame. Ah well)

Nevermind. Didn't realize it needed the image address instead of the imgur page.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 12:41:37 AM by Cry0genic »

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 26, 2022, 03:40:25 AM »

.....is that self made, or actually part of the mod.....

Ballagarraidh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 28, 2022, 06:31:29 AM »

Hello there!

Is Nexerelin absolutely necessary for the mod? I can see the appeal of Nexerelin but I'm one of those in the camp of not wanting the game to be a 4X. It's the only thing stopping me from trying out what looks to be a really good addition to the game.

Cry0genic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2022, 08:01:02 AM »

.....is that self made, or actually part of the mod.....

Self-made, and not even an AI faction at that. I haven't gotten that far into modding

hoisijd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 28, 2022, 12:47:28 PM »

Hi!  I think I found a bug that's making my game crash.  This occurs after i've cleansed (saturation bombed) a few of their planets and been fighting UAF fleets pretty heavily right outside their homeworld.  Just wanted to report it.  If their is anyone prior solution or this has already been reported I apologize, I did not go through the entire 30 pages, but I did do a forum search.

Anyway here is the log with last few lines beforehand:

265862 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Laicaille Habitat to Kalada
266457 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utility.logging.logging  - removing 1 fleet
266458 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utility.logging.logging  - removing 1 fleet from catch
267017 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.plugins.UAFEventManager$FleetData.removeDespawnedFleet(UAFEventManager.java:75)
   at data.scripts.plugins.UAFEventManager$1.run(UAFEventManager.java:182)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.AssignmentModule.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.ModularFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Thanks!  Let me know if anyone has any thoughts.  I would love to keep playing this long game but I can always start fresh if I have too :D

Psyentific

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 28, 2022, 02:25:55 PM »

Arma Armatura submod when
Hyper Aria (AA) when

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 28, 2022, 03:58:15 PM »

Can we be allowed to gain access to submarkets from being in a Alliance? I can't get the faction stuff to work as the queen and important characters just disappear from contacts.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #502 on: October 28, 2022, 04:01:13 PM »

Can we be allowed to gain access to submarkets from being in a Alliance? I can't get the faction stuff to work as the queen and important characters just disappear from contacts.

Disappeared from what? What have led to this moment?

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 28, 2022, 05:58:22 PM »

I'm on the experimental branch but for what ever reason even testing a new game with only uaf and its requirements if I try to interact with the queen and when I leave and go back to the menu she's gone.

Edit: Tried reinstalling nex and it works she doesn't poof. I swore I didn't touch nex settings yesterday but I think it might do with increasing contacts or bar events. Will test more but that is ultra weird.

Update: I had nex faction ruler option on and that actually just messes it up. Removing that option fixes my problems.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 01:48:03 AM by Aldazar »

alexwtb234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 29, 2022, 04:35:56 PM »

SUGGESTIONS:

Nerfs... DONT.

Is your faction about a technologically advanced faction with great firepower and naval power? keep it that way! although you can change elements related to the faction economy and behavior.

Make things more expensive... why you may ask?

Well... because as soon you buy one or two UAF capitals, you basically have a endgame level fleet, same goes for the weapons, incredibly powerful, and relatively cheap.

Make things RARER

"Why? isnt the semibreve hard enough to get?"

Nope, the prism free port may sell you those bad boys for a few hundred thousand, but hey, its a one hundred thousand investiment that can give you a one hundred million profit if you mount it on the right ship, same goes for the missile capital which name i wont mention because i know i will mispell it horribly.

Make UAF fleets Smaller:

from my experience, one heavy patrol can solo an entire invasion fleet , and that applies to almost any faction.

Reputation Changes:

Remove the option to gain reputation with the UAF by giving them AI CORES . . . its too easy to get reputation by just dumping 50 gamma cores  plus the bounty reward, make getting positive reputation with the UAF actually meaningful and rather difficult, since we are a few AI cores away from buying super weapons.

Psyentific

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 30, 2022, 06:57:59 AM »

i really like how many of the UAF guns have the same OP cost; claris & cantata for example, it makes it very easy to customize a loadout.

RaymondLuxuryYacht

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 02, 2022, 03:11:18 AM »

Great mod, i'm having a blast however i don't understand how to begin the quest to gain the high level carrier officers, i read that you need to raid the pirate station in the main system but i already conquered them at the start of the run.
Did i lock myself out of the quest? Is there a way to start it anyway?

Artina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 02, 2022, 04:35:43 AM »

I like the UAF module very much, the two dreadnoughts are very powerful and hope to maintain their current strength. However, such a powerful power is too easy to get, why not link up with the story of UAF, make some very difficult battles to get some parts, then assemble them into modules in a special shipyard, collect all the modules and assemble the finished product. Seems a little tedious, right? That's okay. Power seekers don't stop there. This is just a small suggestion. ;)

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 03, 2022, 08:59:42 AM »

Really digging the UAF mod, IroncladLion's review of it was the final push I needed to try out Starsector after seeing Sseth's review. Enjoying it immensely.

I do have a small bug report: the Automata version of the Rillaru's description indicates that it has a phase skimmer, but it actually has a plasma jets system ability. The Automata Lillaru is the one with the phase skimmer. Unsure if the descriptions were switched or the ship meant to have the phase skimmer was switched.

Khoi128

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 04, 2022, 10:35:15 PM »

This mod was what drove me to revisit Starsector again after I took a long break from it. The sound design, the art direction, the music, the quality, the mod was overall really fun. I read that you're just doing your own thing and wanted the mod to be fun and I want to say that I completely respect that. You set out with a specific goal in mind and I feel like you've nailed it so far.

On a side note, it's good to see another World of Warships player here.
I wish you and your team the best of luck with this passion project.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 78