Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81]

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 639538 times)

Moon Spirit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )
« Reply #1200 on: June 01, 2024, 06:41:30 PM »

Just curious, do I have to hold a commission to get access to the other contacts/Queen etc even with high reputation, or can I bypass it either by being allied, or something else?

No. You 100% lose the queen's contact on Auroria. You have her in your contacts, but you can't initiate a dialog with her. Speaking to the Queen can only be done with a UAF commission.

You also lose all alliance programs - giving aid to Favonius and you lose the ability to build a bakery on the colonies. I think the bakery should work if you're in an alliance with UAF. Also closing markets for you - November Auxiliary and Automata Logistics.

The other npcs seem to work normally. But I'm not sure about this.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 07:14:09 PM by Moon Spirit »

Duzzit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 04, 2024, 12:07:45 AM »

Just curious, do I have to hold a commission to get access to the other contacts/Queen etc even with high reputation, or can I bypass it either by being allied, or something else?

No. You 100% lose the queen's contact on Auroria. You have her in your contacts, but you can't initiate a dialog with her. Speaking to the Queen can only be done with a UAF commission.

You also lose all alliance programs - giving aid to Favonius and you lose the ability to build a bakery on the colonies. I think the bakery should work if you're in an alliance with UAF. Also closing markets for you - November Auxiliary and Automata Logistics.

Yeah I'll lose certain access, but I meant gaining it in the first place. I don't think I can get access to the other UAF contacts before I do a period in a commission at all and I'm wondering if there is a rep threshold where I can ask for the other contacts that doesn't require commission.

Moon Spirit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 05, 2024, 10:48:28 AM »

Yeah I'll lose certain access, but I meant gaining it in the first place. I don't think I can get access to the other UAF contacts before I do a period in a commission at all and I'm wondering if there is a rep threshold where I can ask for the other contacts that doesn't require commission.

Checked it out now on my save.
I have all the contacts, you can talk to them and get the reward. But the only problem is with the queen on Auroria. She requires access to the program from Vermilion station, which is available only with a commission.
Theoretically - it is possible to take the commission, get all the contacts and leave. But the queen has access to the supercapital - Solvernia. So after leaving the UAF commission you can't buy it or talk to the queen at all. It is physically impossible to contact her after leaving the commission. Raising reputation with her, getting quests and rewards becomes impossible.

Everything else can be obtained from npcs. Theoretically I can buy Novaeria from the Robo Queen. I can get Cherry Vanguard on Nur processing from npcs. But I can't get Solvernia from the queen on Auroria.

I do this in my games - first I take everything from other factions and at the end I get UAF commission and stay in this faction. UAF is too expensive faction but also very cool. To get all the cool ships in the UAF on quests need 190+ million credits.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 10:50:27 AM by Moon Spirit »

Duzzit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 06, 2024, 11:42:33 PM »

Checked it out now on my save.
I have all the contacts, you can talk to them and get the reward. But the only problem is with the queen on Auroria. She requires access to the program from Vermilion station, which is available only with a commission.
Theoretically - it is possible to take the commission, get all the contacts and leave. But the queen has access to the supercapital - Solvernia. So after leaving the UAF commission you can't buy it or talk to the queen at all. It is physically impossible to contact her after leaving the commission. Raising reputation with her, getting quests and rewards becomes impossible.

Everything else can be obtained from npcs. Theoretically I can buy Novaeria from the Robo Queen. I can get Cherry Vanguard on Nur processing from npcs. But I can't get Solvernia from the queen on Auroria.

I do this in my games - first I take everything from other factions and at the end I get UAF commission and stay in this faction. UAF is too expensive faction but also very cool. To get all the cool ships in the UAF on quests need 190+ million credits.

Right, yes I already knew about the Queen. My question was still about whether or not a UAF commission is required to get the other contacts, which it looks like it is. Its a bit annoying, I like the faction and have commissioned with them in the past in previous saves, but I was hoping to do some more independent contractor stuff for a lot longer.

I know when I had allied them and then dropped commission I lost access to the Queen also.

White Hound Black Lotus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 08, 2024, 12:24:37 PM »

For some reason, The UAF Doesn't do anything during my gameplay, I'm not sure what's going on but they don't show up in my Intel Tab, and for some reason, they chill in the corner even if Nexerlin is installed

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 08, 2024, 04:27:07 PM »

For some reason, The UAF Doesn't do anything during my gameplay, I'm not sure what's going on but they don't show up in my Intel Tab, and for some reason, they chill in the corner even if Nexerlin is installed
Have you started a new campaign? Because UAF isn't a faction that auto-spawns (there are some mods that do that) even if that option was enabled* in Nexerelin.

* - Said option can only be enabled while starting a new campaign, though I could be wrong; Console Commands might have a workaround, but I don't recall at the moment.

Ditsydoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 09, 2024, 11:48:19 AM »

So is it true that the upcoming patch is final? Just saw the patreon post and hope its just a "Final" for gameplay but story and such will continue.

DankMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 09, 2024, 12:20:25 PM »

Just a reminder to everyone to unsub from the patreon after the last update is out.  Don't give someone money that they aren't earning

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1208 on: June 09, 2024, 06:11:42 PM »

Just a reminder to everyone to unsub from the patreon after the last update is out.  Don't give someone money that they aren't earning

While that is true, I think your reminder is a tad bit too early for that. There's still a year's worth of development left to do. The last two super capital remakes will take a considerable amount of time to do anyway and this isn't even one fifth of the overall planned content. I just think its better to tell my fanbase ahead of time that I am fast approaching my long awaited exit point.

Spoiler

[close]

So is it true that the upcoming patch is final? Just saw the patreon post and hope its just a "Final" for gameplay but story and such will continue.

Correct, upcoming patch is final for the 'gameplay' bit of the mod. I can always tell the story outside the game, so it wasn't really in the top of my to-do list. However.. If real life, online and most importantly, general support continues to be available post patch. I will first and foremost access my team's availability and willingness to do one last hurrah for the story bits because that requires more than just writing. It needs more work from every single department in the UAF dev team. That is quite a commitment to do if I may say so myself. Consider plausible 'story patch' as an actual campaign rather than just lore dumping in ship descriptions etc.

That being said, I also don't mind just doing a bit extra outside the main mod itself. Like, pirated UAF ships or more collabs as downloadable sub-content.. just not part of the overall package. We shall see whenever we decide to cross that bridge or not in the future.

White Hound Black Lotus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 10, 2024, 03:03:48 PM »

Have you started a new campaign? Because UAF isn't a faction that auto-spawns (there are some mods that do that) even if that option was enabled* in Nexerelin.

* - Said option can only be enabled while starting a new campaign, though I could be wrong; Console Commands might have a workaround, but I don't recall at the moment.

It is a new campaign, the UAF faction itself did spawn. It's just that they don't interact with other factions, I don't even see trade ships running around. They are just there, sitting there menacingly. And the faction itself doesn't seem to appear on the Intel interaction screen, I'm not sure if I installed it incorrectly or what. I will just double check again and see if Nexerlin is the root problem.

hidefreek

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 11, 2024, 09:42:31 AM »

While that is true, I think your reminder is a tad bit too early for that. There's still a year's worth of development left to do. The last two super capital remakes will take a considerable amount of time to do anyway and this isn't even one fifth of the overall planned content. I just think its better to tell my fanbase ahead of time that I am fast approaching my long awaited exit point.

Spoiler

[close]

Correct, upcoming patch is final for the 'gameplay' bit of the mod. I can always tell the story outside the game, so it wasn't really in the top of my to-do list. However.. If real life, online and most importantly, general support continues to be available post patch. I will first and foremost access my team's availability and willingness to do one last hurrah for the story bits because that requires more than just writing. It needs more work from every single department in the UAF dev team. That is quite a commitment to do if I may say so myself. Consider plausible 'story patch' as an actual campaign rather than just lore dumping in ship descriptions etc.

That being said, I also don't mind just doing a bit extra outside the main mod itself. Like, pirated UAF ships or more collabs as downloadable sub-content.. just not part of the overall package. We shall see whenever we decide to cross that bridge or not in the future.

Then we can have some lore and story in the near future :3
And some community events are possible right?

qingfeng

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 13, 2024, 08:37:23 AM »

Under the influence of the challenge rule of "Fragmented Cemetery" in UNGPmod, any explosion or impact caused by the death of one submodule in Solvernia's submodule will directly destroy the entire ship (I added a "reduced_explosion" of the same model to the submodule attribute tag, which is normal)

Calvernock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 14, 2024, 07:01:58 AM »

I just watched Ironclad's video, and while I don't have any professional experience writing, I'd love to assist you with yours if you still need it.

Valentin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75b ( Hotfix 2 )
« Reply #1213 on: June 18, 2024, 06:49:20 AM »

I just updated the mod and this came up when I tried to run starsector

19804 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [uaf_slvv_core] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [uaf_slvv_core] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.do.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.oO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore. O0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Did I go wrong somewhere?

I think it was caused by another mod.
OR your pc can coup with too many mods. (The game is playable for a time being until the Sector activity is too much for the PC to operate)
Try to reduce some mods or put space safe to reduce the strain on the game.

It is NOT caused by another mod! I got the same bug, which crashes starsector shortly after clicking play and seeing the logo fullscreen:
"starsector ship hull spec [uaf_slvv_core] not found"

with ONLY UAF (and the mods uaf depends on) enabled.

- Fixed it. I did a clean new installation of uaf, seems like some parts of the previous version kept lingering.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 07:26:30 AM by Valentin »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81]