Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Take All... Up to capacity button  (Read 2588 times)

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Take All... Up to capacity button
« on: June 18, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »

The "take all" take all button when looting is nice... up until you fill up your fuel tanks and/or cargo space. Then every single time it's take all, dump fuel, dump metals. Repeat. Even worse is when I don't notice it's going to take me over capacity.... I've wasted hundred of supply carrying tons of metals around for days before noticing I'm badly over. I'd like it if there were  a second button (or a checkbox, or something), that would take care of this for me.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Take All... Up to capacity button
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:24:08 PM »

I think that's a good idea. Maybe just clicking the "take all" button once takes up to capacity (sorted by base value), clicking it twice takes everything.

For now you can ditch things quickly by clicking them with ctrl, in case you didn't know.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 10:32:31 AM »

there is the issue of what to ditch though. Say you have 20 capacity left and you loot 7 supplies, 5 metal, 13 food, a LMG, and a LAG, what do you automatically ditch when you hit take all the first time?

It's easy to say sort by value, I guess, but what if you looted 12 supplies and 15 organs? One is more valuable and the other is what you need to survive. Also, what do weapons count for value wise? Purchase value or sale value?

it gets even more complicated if/when more commodities become useful as other than trading goods
mmm.... tartiflette

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 10:44:53 AM »

Sorting it directly by value would be simple and effective enough, if the player really needs to prioritize supplies etc over valuable loot they probably wouldn't be using the button anyways.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 02:28:30 PM »

Sorting it directly by value would be simple and effective enough, if the player really needs to prioritize supplies etc over valuable loot they probably wouldn't be using the button anyways.
^This.

Sort commodities by value, maybe make an exception for supplies, where it's always a priority item and gets looted first, even before very expensive goods. Sort weapons by purchase value. It's that simple.

Really, in case of any dilemmas with limited space where uncommon items are involved, we'll be mostly doing it manually. Most often when we got cargo capacity issues, we're dealing with repeatedly picking up supplies, metals, machinery and fuel, not anything else. It's a solution for making those several scrap pickups in a row less tedious, not a full-blown autolooter.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:29:13 AM by Wapno »

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 03:00:01 PM »

Do want.
---
Also optionally drop cheap resources off to take better resources, and always loot weapons/drm chips/hull mods.

Don't bump off things for active quests, (below demanded amount), and maybe for active events (food shortage)

----
Also also allow a "Buy to capacity" for cargo, or "Buy by text", so you can both fill up your fuel tanks to 100% exactly, or buy your way up to exactly 700 supplies.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »

Also also allow a "Buy to capacity" for cargo, or "Buy by text", so you can both fill up your fuel tanks to 100% exactly, or buy your way up to exactly 700 supplies.

You can do that with ctrl+left click.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 03:59:08 PM »

You can do that with ctrl+left click.

o_0
Will try that.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire