Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time buffer for switching between music tracks  (Read 1330 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Time buffer for switching between music tracks
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:34:54 PM »

So, I really like the new music in the game, but it can be annoying how fast the game switches between tracks. Sometimes when I'm exploring I get "hyperspace travel music", than I pass a system and get "unexplored system music" for three seconds, than back to "travel music" for three seconds until the next system...
Same with the dampening effect of deep hyperspace, when you fly trough thin stripes it almost sounds like a wobble effect.

I could enjoy the music more when it would wait a few seconds until it blends over to an effect or the next track.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Time buffer for switching between music tracks
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:10:08 AM »

This has been a thing for ages. And yes, it is not that great.
In all honesty I would much rather the game just pick a track and play it until it finishes then pick another. Because the music is p. damn good and I would love to hear it just doing it's thing in the background, but I never do hear it outside of ripping it out of the files as it's always chopping and changing in game.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Time buffer for switching between music tracks
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:02:53 PM »

And could we please get some in-combat music? I know there was that situational awareness argument, but I just don't agree with it. If I can hear footsteps & jetpacks in Titanfall over the music track, I can hear everything in this game.