Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Atropos racks. Where do you obtain them?!  (Read 3272 times)

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
Atropos racks. Where do you obtain them?!
« on: June 22, 2017, 07:24:43 AM »

So, the Atropos torpedo racks seem to be hands down the hardest weapon to obtain in the game.

I'd like to put them on my modded Gryphon (unlimited missile autoforge on a 3 minute cooldown), which honestly is the only sensible situation to use them... but I'm clueless as to where you can get them.

From what I see, the only ship variants in the game that use Atropos racks are Strike Hyperion and Strike Aurora - both are extremely rare ships to begin with, but to encounter them in those variants seems to be an achievement, as I don't recall ever seeing those. As for Remnants, those drop Atropes, but only single launchers, not racks.

Buying them is out of question too. Things are complicated by the fact that I'm on a no-commision playthrough, but it seems commisions don't help much either, as these weapons don't pop in any military market consistently either. I think I once saw them on a Persean League military market, but I'm not sure (and it doesn't make sense really - they don't use that tech). Not even Tri-Tach militaries seem to have them on sale!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:06:44 AM by Wapno »

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Atropos racks. Where do you obtain them?!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »

I've seen them on Scythes, especially pirate ones, but it might be a Dynasector thing. I've found plenty through post-battle salvage

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »

(Remnant) Lumens have the one-shots.  Hyperions and Auroras sometimes have the two-shots.  Grind them.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 09:10:36 AM »

They will sometimes turn up in independent military markets, and any weapon can turn up on the black market.  But, yeah, rare and hard to find reliably.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 02:23:33 PM »

(Remnant) Lumens have the one-shots.  Hyperions and Auroras sometimes have the two-shots.  Grind them.
Well... that's what I said in the OP. The thing is, I'm not interested in one-shots, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to grind ships that appear in the game once in a blue moon.

However, after intense search I've managed to randomly find 2 two-shot pieces in an independent military market in Askonia. Luckily, I had good enough standing with Independents at the time that I could buy them.

Still... these things are so hard to find.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 02:39:06 PM »

Just keep killing whoever uses high-tech ships, usually Tri-Tachyon and Lion's Guard.  If you need them that badly and find a fleet with those weapons, save-scum until they drop.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 02:56:30 PM »

Please visit the nearest Tri-Tachyon enterprise station. We may have some in stock.