Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fixed FPS (Solved?)  (Read 5734 times)

Shade255

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Fixed FPS (Solved?)
« on: June 08, 2017, 06:40:06 PM »

So I got a new PC with decent specs, Wins 10 pro 64bit with 16gigs ram,
 AMD FX 4100 quad core 3.60ghz,
 and my last computers NIVIDIA GTX 650 2gig VRam.
I waited for 8.1a so I could grab the mods that where updated to 8.1a because they couldn't at 8.0, okay so I got the major of what I wanted started up and at the main menu a whole fixed 14fps, it works fine in galaxy map or anything that's not in combat view, if in combat view I get a fixed 14fps and idk what the cause is any help would be great
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:46:06 AM by Shade255 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fixed FPS
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 06:42:44 PM »

Do you get a normal framerate without mods? If so: disable GraphicsLib (from its configuration file) and that should help.

Shade255

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »

well all the mods I'm currently using I was using back on my old 32bit back with 7.2a it worked fine then until I hit the 32bit ram cap

Blackrock, Combat Chatter, Common Radar, Console Commands, Diableavionics, DynaSector, Graphics, Interstellar Imperium, LazyLibt, Leading Pip, Neutrino Corp, Nexerelin, Scy, Ship and Weapon pack, and Underworld.

I had a couple more then that back on my 32 but there not updated yet

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 07:21:17 PM »

Doesn't really answer my question, though: do you still get a normal framerate without mods? Whether or not you do may point us to where the problem is.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:27:57 PM »

I remember someone with an Nvidia card on reddit complaining about FPS in games being stuck at exactly 14. This conspicuously same number makes me think it might be related. A clean video driver reinstall (with DDU) solved it for that guy.

Shade255

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »

okay i turned it off and its runing fine at main menu strange im sure i had it turned on, on my old computer and im sure my GTX 650 can handle it

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »

Curious, what CPU did your last rig have?

Shade255

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 09:45:00 PM »

intel somthing Duel core 2.66ghz

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fixed FPS (Solved?)
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 03:41:39 PM »

Mine has been having this issue since the introduction of the bigger campaign. I can run Eve Online on full graphics fine but for a top down game its STILL BARELY handling even a moderate sized fight. I believe the game is not optimized yet because if I can handle big fights in a 3d game with WAY more calculations then its definitely not me. To be frank even without mods this game runs like ass. I am trying to play the game but the game plays itself into a corner where all the low framerate people hang out. I remember the last time I turned off the Combat UI and the games performance went up to almost normal levels which makes me wonder why the UI is taking up so much space to calculate things in the foreground of the engine instead of the background where it would demand so much speed. I have 16 gigs of ram and a good cpu processor and it still doesnt play well. My brother 5 grand computer ALSO doesnt play it well which is baffling since it can run ANYTHING on max graphics with no issues. Something in this game is Devouring and pillaging cpu and ram for the sake of being a raider. It pisses ,e off because this game has a lot of promise and I actually like this game but with these fps its not going to happen. MID YOU i have seen this game grow and so is my pile of obsolete computers and even though computers continue to accelerate to higher speeds and yet theres no performance. Im on my 3rd PC waiting for this game to work
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:45:09 PM by Lopunny Zen »

Shade255

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »

I believe it has some to do with bloom and lighting from graphics lib, I turned them both off and now it runs fine..... until I try to save and I get a "Task not responding closeing" and I check log and it doesn't finish saving, I wonder if it has something to do with DynaSector not working.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 01:38:29 PM »

oh no I didnt even have mods before the poor game performance and adding mods barely made a scratch to the performance

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 03:21:21 PM »

@Lopunny Zen:

1) Language, please.

2) What kind of graphics card do you have?

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 10:35:52 PM »

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Belarc/BelarcAdvisor/System/tmp/(LopunnyZen-PC).html

Forgot this topic was a thing.

Keep in mind I can play eve online with 2 accounts. I can also play Space Pirates and zombies 2 and more. Yeah they dont run like a babies bottom levels of smooth but this game even runs at 20-34 fps and even 10 fps sometimes when you are in combat and you are using your ship. If you dont and let the ai fight then it runs at 52-60 fps. Either the ui is leaking memory like mad or the ai strains the game as it tries to calculate where to go based off your instant actions.

Yes the frames are still bad in the new update too.