Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Derelict/Remnant battles could last forever  (Read 1447 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Derelict/Remnant battles could last forever
« on: June 06, 2017, 10:35:26 AM »

I'm not 100% sure if this problem appears in vanilla, but it's certainly possible with the largest Remnant fleets.

Code
bcc.aiRetreatAllowed = false;
bcc.enemyDeployAll = true

Setting this combination of flags appears, based on the reports I've seen with (very large) modded fleets, to be able to reach a state where the enemy will refuse to deploy some ships left over in reserve if the initial deployment isn't wide enough to cover everything from the get-go.  The only recourse the player has is to retreat from the battle.

Note: in the particular case where I've seen multiple reports of this issue, a particular member of the enemy fleet is forcibly deployed at the start regardless of battle size like so:

Code
CombatFleetManagerAPI manager = engine.getFleetManager(FleetSide.ENEMY);
manager.spawnFleetMember(member, safeSpawn, 270f, 5f);
manager.removeFromReserves(member);

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Derelict/Remnant battles could last forever
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:43:15 AM »

Are the remaining reserve ships civilian, by chance? I've played through some *very* large vs-derelict battles (i.e. station + a huge number of reserves, way above battleSize) and haven't seen the issue crop up. Looking at the code, the only thing I see that could cause this is if some of the reserves are civilian.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:16:26 AM »

Civilian in what way?  The ships involved all have random variants and I suppose an error could have caused some to be bare hulls (shouldn't happen, but it's at least possible).  I also suppose it's possible for this particular type of fleet to spawn civilian ships outright, but that's fairly unlikely because the fleet-generator is entirely combat points.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:21:32 AM »

Right, yeah, an empty hull (or just one with most of its OPs unspent) would do it. Or a proper civ.

I did fix that aspect of it up for the just-out hotfix, btw. Could be something else causing it that I'm not seeing, though.