Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Fleet stuck on "Returning to planet"  (Read 5240 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
[0.8.1a] Fleet stuck on "Returning to planet"
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:13:21 PM »

Encountered this in a recent new playthrough. I saw these guys sitting on top of Jangala when I was leaving on a routine exploration mission. Came back about two (in-game) weeks later and found them still here. On closer inspection they are at the "Returning to Jangala" part of their mission, which should involve their fleet despawning upon reaching the planet.

As you can see however, they seem to be stuck. I've been watching them for a while and they aren't despawning at all, just sitting there apparently "returning to Jangala".

Spoiler

[close]

Interestingly, when I moved close to them they started to move out of the way - as if my transponder was off (which it wasn't) and they thought I might be a pirate fleet - but when I then moved away again they simply returned to this position.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Fleet stuck on "Returning to planet"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:19:01 AM »

Thanks for the report! Hmm - any chance you've got the save still handy?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:57:19 PM »

I do. I'll just start it up to make sure that saving-exiting-and-reloading doesn't fix the issue. (EDIT: It doesn't.)

Okay, here we go: http://www.mediafire.com/file/95n362s1e455mle/save_Axle_170552959656637607.zip

Bear in mind I am using a small number of mods at the moment, but I highly doubt any of them would cause this issue, since they're either ship/weapon additions or QoL utility mods. If it helps though, here's the list:

Spoiler

Combat Chatter v1.7.1
Disassemble Reassemble (equivalent latest version) v0.5
Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary v1.1
Practice Targets v1.2
The Silent Armada (equivalent latest version) vD 0.13
Upgraded Rotary Weapons v1.3

[close]

If it's possible one of these is the cause, or if the usage of those mods means you cannot examine this easily, let me know and I'll shift this to Modded Bug Reports.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:05:41 PM by AxleMC131 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:06:00 AM »

Thanks - ahh, yeah, can't load it up too easily. I'll keep an eye out for this, though.

(As far as it being a mod issue, I'd say "possible but unlikely".)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 03:26:41 PM »

Thanks - ahh, yeah, can't load it up too easily. I'll keep an eye out for this, though.

Fair enough.

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 01:32:17 AM »

Hey Alex, I got the exact same issue on my Vanilla playthrough. No mods. Scavengers are cluttered around all planets, 4-5 per planet, just waiting to "return".

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 01:21:02 PM »

Thank you - could you email me the save? Out of town right now, but I'd love to take a look when I get back; for this particular bug - I remember looking at it a bit back - it'll really help to have a save with the condition occurring.

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 04:03:15 PM »

I also see this happening; the scavenger fleet will just sit on top of the planet it's "returning" to, never disappearing.  Eventually, a fleet gets nearby and scares it off into moving away and then it flies around for a bit.  The process repeats ad infinitum.

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 08:14:26 AM »

Thank you - could you email me the save? Out of town right now, but I'd love to take a look when I get back; for this particular bug - I remember looking at it a bit back - it'll really help to have a save with the condition occurring.

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

I just sent it to you. Sorry couldn't do it earlier. Was travelling as well with horrible hotel internet that doesn't upload at all.

I've messed around with the scavengers too. They seem to be more clogged around independent planets. In my game, my big storage planet (where I put all my loot) - Cethelen, had 5 scavengers. It was so filled up causing some really annoying fps drop, so I ended up killing them all. I believe the save I sent was from earlier though, so it should still have the scavenger deathball there.

Other planets were less in terms of build-up. Nortia for example had fewer.

Korywon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 07:54:06 PM »

I think the problem is that they don't belong to the faction that the planet is assigned to. Come to think of it, I know the scavenger fleets have faction tags on their name, but they don't appear to have the same colored ring as the faction.

Also happening to me and I'm getting significant FPS drops with 10 fleets circling around a planet endlessly.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »

I have to say I've noticed this as well.  Doesn't really affect me, since I spend most of my time exploring the outer reaches of the galaxy, but there always seems to be a fleet or two stuck on the "despawn" part of returning to a major planet when I return to resupply.

Stock 0.8.1-RC8 install on Windows 7.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 01:56:26 AM »

... I know the scavenger fleets have faction tags on their name, but they don't appear to have the same colored ring as the faction.

I think that's a Nexerelin thing. Stock scavenger fleets don't have a faction tag, just "Scavenger" or "Prospector".

Nonetheless, the hypothesis that fleets can't despawn at planets not belonging to their faction sounds plausible.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:58:23 AM by AxleMC131 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 07:03:36 AM »

I just sent it to you. Sorry couldn't do it earlier. Was travelling as well with horrible hotel internet that doesn't upload at all.

I've messed around with the scavengers too. They seem to be more clogged around independent planets. In my game, my big storage planet (where I put all my loot) - Cethelen, had 5 scavengers. It was so filled up causing some really annoying fps drop, so I ended up killing them all. I believe the save I sent was from earlier though, so it should still have the scavenger deathball there.

Other planets were less in terms of build-up. Nortia for example had fewer.

Thank you! Will check it out in the near future.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 12:32:51 PM »

Fixed this up, thanks again for the help!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 05:31:53 AM »

Is there a modside thing we can do to fix this in the interim (besides something brute-force like killing of all the "returning to location" scavenger fleets close to their destination when the player enters a star system)? I imagine more than a few players have been annoyed by encountering this and not knowing how to use the console to get rid of them.
Pages: [1] 2