Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Infested Planet  (Read 2805 times)

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
Infested Planet
« on: June 05, 2017, 09:36:21 PM »

Been on my list for a long time. It's on sale for around 12 more hours as of this writing. Should have posted earlier, probably, but didn't think of it.

The basic premise is fighting a butt load of aliens. Like literally thousands per level. It's dang fun. Fairly light weight, squad tactical, rts thing. There's DLC if you really like it. Which I need to pick up at some point. But just enjoying the base game right now. Interleaved with Starsector of course.  :)

Check it out if that sounds fun to you. A bargain at full price, but goes on sale on steam every so often. This is the first good humble sale on it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/infested-planet
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Infested Planet
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:00:08 PM »

Oh i played it. Its really cool!

Especially if you like strategy games.
Hello!

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 05:55:42 PM »

Infested Planet was one of the best fivers I've ever spent - I was initially put off by the art-style, but it's not as bad as it seemed, and the core gameplay outweighs it massively. I love the planetary campaign mode, specifically cause you often find yourself having to adapt for lack of the particular units/structures/upgrades you tend to rely on. The strategy layer is very elegant in its simplicity, and I like how there's compelling consequences to retreating - Retain the army's morale -1, but you can't use them to attack for 2 turns. And having the enemy change up the game every few battles makes it very challenging, they have some really nasty abilities like the Vile Tongue, which spawns a group of towers in the centre of which is an alien that will grab your marines and drag them in until one or the other dies.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:13:10 PM »

A fantastic game. Great artwork and perfect gameplay. Solid way to keep yourself occupied in between "Main Games"
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)