Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.97a] prv Starworks v28.3 (2024-03-11)  (Read 339448 times)

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] prv Starworks v24 (2022-08-16)
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2022, 07:24:31 AM »

DOWNLOAD prv Starworks v24 - NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE. Always delete the old version before installing a new one.

v24

Added Rust Belt-style stations.
- Built around sturdy citadels with plentiful armor, flanked by fighter hangars.
- Slow rotation rate.
- Use resilient defensive drones at all station sizes.

Added a bar event which allows you to learn how to construct Rust Belt stations and syndicates.
- War Syndicate BPs will no longer be offered on the black market.

prv Stations
- Sprites updated.
- Should now be somewhat easier to fight.

- Combat Modules
-- Flux capacity increased by 75%.
-- Weapon layouts updated, every module is now highly specialized.

- Redan Drone
-- Phase cloak upkeep increased by 60%.
-- Flux dissipation reduced by ~12%.
-- Hull integrity increased by 50%.
-- Armor increased by 20%.
-- Weapons updated, now 5x SIPD, 2x2 Atropos.

- Shield Modules
-- Will now take a moderate amount of damage from overloading, and suffer longer overloads while at low hull integrity.
-- Flux capacity increased by 33%.
-- Shield upkeep reduced by 33%.
-- Armor reduced by 30%.
-- Flux Shunt hullmod added.
-- Fixed an issue where the shield would become invisible if the module was at the very edge of the screen.

- Hypergenerators hullmod
-- Now only reload a portion of energy weapon ammunition every period.

Skymning
- Narrowed slightly.
- Fighter bays restyled.

Bergtagen
- Added additional visual asymmetry.
- Slightly increased the arc of the small shoulder energy turrets.

Fasvinge
- Added missing Delicate Machinery hullmod.

Gnista
- Sprite updated
- Hull integrity increased by 100.
- Flux dissipation increased by 20.
- Flux capacity increased by 300.
- Turn acceleration increased to 90.
- Shield upkeep increased to 50.

Svepfräsare
- Maximum sweep arc reduced by 33%.
-- ie it now delivers the same total damage over a smaller area.
- Minimum sweep arc increased by 33%.
-- And vice versa, for very narrow mount arcs (hardpoints).
- Beam now pierces fighters.
- Fixed a bug where the beam end point would sometimes go past a shielded ship, asteroid, or split hulk.

Berguv, Berguv Launcher
- Range (nominal) increased by 50%.
- Missile lifetime increased by 1 seconds.

Campaign
- Ryak High-Energy Labs Battlestation downgraded to Orbital Station.
- Rust Station Battlestation downgraded to Orbital Station.
- Removed Rust Belt access to the Plasma Cannon.

Fixed Annihilator Burst Launcher tracking description, now correctly states "None".
Fixed a Gissel Support variant weapon slot mixup.
Fixed a timing error with the Dominator (RB) gauge decal effect.
Fixed prv station axial rotation always being synchronized if there is somehow more than one station in the battle.
Fixed Fasklot hitbox.
Remission EMP autodischarge now uses applyDamage instead of direct hp adjustment.
Blueprints are no longer required to downgrade prv stations.
Adjusted Fräsare fragpoint vfx.
Improved Kartesch target detection while the projectile is moving laterally.
Fully removed old Aska missile mounts.
Laboratory bar event now also gives +5 rep with the contact.
Laboratory R&D ships can no longer roll duplicate hullmods, increasing the average number of smods slightly.
Moved Gravpjäs turret center point up slightly. Added missing hardpoint barrel edge glow.
Updated Siege Akers description.
Reduced the occurence rate of the Bergslag (P) in pirate fleets.
Typo fixes.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 07:27:23 AM by prav »

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2022, 07:26:01 AM »

DOWNLOAD prv Extraworks v2 - Always delete the old version before installing a new one.

v2
Added the Visent (XL) Frontier Freighter
- Featuring a large shielded cargo module and some additional armaments, this hefty freighter has outgrown its powerplant by quite a bit.

Removed HIDE_IN_CODEX tag from the Gnejs (P) and Middag.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 16, 2022, 07:28:58 AM »

prv Orbital Station

Ruster Star Fortress

MarsInvicta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2022, 06:32:27 AM »

Excuse me, when a click on the bounty for "Flight Into The Unknown" using the magic bounty system, nothing happens. What I just see is text saying "Flight Into The Unknown" and the bounty does not start. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2022, 11:12:22 AM »

Ye that mission dont work for me too.

Also there is problem with SIPD laser which dont work.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2022, 11:27:36 AM »

Excuse me, when a click on the bounty for "Flight Into The Unknown" using the magic bounty system, nothing happens. What I just see is text saying "Flight Into The Unknown" and the bounty does not start. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

Using MagicLib 0.42.1rc3 I can't replicate either of these issues, as far as I can tell they work as they should [1] [2]. Do you have any further information?

With FITU MagicLib parses the bounty and says it's correct (278499 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - prv_gremlin_rb_rare_hybrid : VALID). I have no idea what could be causing an error like this for a valid bounty.

What's not working with the SIPD? In testing it shoots an "interrupted" beam, only drawing the tail end if it hits something, and does the burst explosion effect at the correct rate.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2022, 07:54:14 AM »

Using MagicLib 0.42.1rc3 I can't replicate either of these issues, as far as I can tell they work as they should [1] [2]. Do you have any further information?

With FITU MagicLib parses the bounty and says it's correct (278499 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - prv_gremlin_rb_rare_hybrid : VALID). I have no idea what could be causing an error like this for a valid bounty.

What's not working with the SIPD? In testing it shoots an "interrupted" beam, only drawing the tail end if it hits something, and does the burst explosion effect at the correct rate.

Well i dont knew that sipd is now a interrupted beam and thought it is broken. Though Linjar PK is still not loading shells to magazine. about FITU i have 0.42.1rc3 also and it is not loading. it is also valid in my list , it's just not starting. I can send you my mod list which is now running , mayby something from other mod is stopping it. I can also send you picture.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 07:55:57 AM by Hrothgar »

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2022, 08:47:09 AM »

The LPK is due for a large overhaul really, probably an entirely custom projectile behavior. Right now it's really just left in as a curiosity.

I don't know what to do about the bounty, since it validates I feel like it's either an error in the MagicLib parser or core logic.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2022, 08:56:47 AM »

OK, I figured it out: FITU is set to require a system with the Agni theme, and if your sector doesn't have any MagicBounty will still spawn the quest, but it can't be accepted.

You should be able to fix this locally by commenting out line 253 ("location_themes": ["theme_prv_agni_presence",],) from \data\config\modFiles\magicBounty_data.json . May require spawning the bounty again in some new location.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] prv Starworks v24.1 (2022-09-10)
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2022, 12:31:44 PM »

DOWNLOAD prv Starworks v24.1 - Always delete the old version before installing a new one.

v24.1

Agni Down Spinneret is now correctly tagged as a small weapon, not large.
Temporarily removed the theming requirement for the Flight Into The Unknown bounty.

RELEASE NOTE: This update is not neccessary if you always have the Agni enabled.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 12:37:22 PM by prav »

edixo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2022, 03:21:05 AM »

Hello,

Created a user simply to say that if your mod includes [REDACTED]-overwriting space bugs that are immune to most regular weapons, it'd be very nice if you listed that on the first page along with the other mod content so that you don't have to discover it once you're already well into a game.

Thanks

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2022, 04:54:43 AM »

And spoil the surprise?

Agni do not overwrite any Remnant systems, they are spawned after the Remnant theme is fully assigned.

Added a little teaser to post 1. Heed the warning b-acon.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 05:59:32 AM by prav »

11bullets

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2022, 03:07:11 PM »

I came here to see if there was a way to disable the Agni, and find that clearly I'm not the first person to get absolutely *** sideways by stumbling across them by mistake.

prav your response makes me think that you have an opinion that discovering the Agni is some kind of fun, wacky surprise that will make users of your mod giggle or chuckle or derive some kind of enjoyment from what they see.

It's not.

It's frustrating, it's disheartening, it's crushing to watch 5 frigates and 3 destroyers completely obliterate a 25+ ship combat fleet that has so far been trouncing its way through the stars - not by unique moves or really good use of flux/damage/armor/shield capabilities, but simply because those enemy ships are absolutely immune to (my estimate here) 85% of weapons (at least the weapons on my fleet). Shot after shot after shot after missile after missile after missile I watch impact on these things and do nothing. No flux damage, no armor damage, no hull damage, just... nothing at all.

That's not fun, that's bad design. But hey, your mod do what you want with it.

Not sure how long these things have been in your mod, I know I'd used prv Starworks a long time ago and never saw them but I guess I'm removing this mod from my list and starting a new campaign after finding these things.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2022, 04:11:56 PM »

You can disable them in prvSettings.json

If you're shooting at an Agni and it's not taking damage it's likely because you're hitting a Cocoon, the frigate and female cruiser ship system, which absorbs a fair bit of damage before the charges run out - you should see some light grey damage text tallying up your impact. They recharge pretty slowly, so wearing them down is both viable and expected.

In testing Agni fleets tend to end up with close-fought wins against regular faction fleets of the same size, with around half the Agni retreating with heavy damage by the time the dust settles.

A known issue is that they're a little underconned, report as a little too easy, when they should probably be a little overconned instead. Not entirely trivial to fix since I have to adjust both ship FP and fleet spawn sizes without wrecking anything I'm otherwise happy with.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 04:23:16 PM by prav »

11bullets

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2022, 08:23:11 PM »

I'd offer to send you my save file but I already did a sweep of mods and started a new campaign, deleted the old save.

Perhaps I just had a really bad fleet set up. I don't claim to be ANY good at fleet design and weapon choices, but if my over a dozen frigates and half dozen each of destroyers/cruisers can take on the same size or even larger enemy forces and win in various (mostly pirate admittedly) combat engagements, I figure I'm doing okay. Suddenly I'm seeing a fleet less than half my size completely shatter my fleet and kick my teeth in with virtually zero losses.

What is the refresh rate on the use of the cocoon? Because there were several points where suddenly I'm doing damage again, get hopeful that maybe it was just a game glitch causing no damage then it seems like only a few seconds later my hopes are dashed and they're immune to all damage again.

FWIW I have around a hundred mods. It's a very real possibility my gameplay experience is completely saturated with sub-optimal ships/weapons/builds such that it whacks out my gameplay versus what these things were tailored against during testing. At the same time, they shouldn't be tailored against perfectly optimized builds because I would think that most players are mixing and matching like I do with all the weapons and ships and crap.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25