Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.97a] prv Starworks v28.3 (2024-03-11)  (Read 339315 times)

Phantasia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] prv Starworks v22 (2021-12-22)
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2022, 04:13:45 PM »

Giving this feedback makes me sad but in terms of modiverse balance the Einhander from ArmaA--which happens to use a standard phase system--with the Flicker Core hullmod just might be a little too strong.
Since Flicker Core considers cross-mod balance by fact that it only works on standard phase systems, I guess one way to balance its use on ships with the Strikecraft hullmod would be to have the time dilation bonus reduced by a certain amount if used on craft that has Strikecraft hullmod from ArmaA.

I think a reduction by half or two-thirds could work while still remaining a tempting option when you're at the ship loadout menu.
Alternatively you could add an internal cooldown to the enhanced time dilation effect (a potential for a fancy particle effect to trigger when activated or plain old text-based notification) but in doing so it would contradict the hull-mod's name since it's no longer a phase core modified for flickering.

All that being said this is only really abusable in the player's hands—only the player can handle pilotable strikecraft in the middle of a anti-fighter missile and bullet hell right in the thick within enemy lines and assassinate frigates destroyers.

EDIT: On second thought it might be moreso the combination of Flicker Core and Phase Anchor that is too strong in the player's hand since Phase Anchor reduces cloaking flux activation to 0 which means getting the time dilation effect is free when Flicker Core is also installed. Furthermore the time dilation effect is still on when the ship is venting flux which is very player-abusable.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 06:04:56 PM by Phantasia »

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2022, 08:16:41 AM »

Could we get the new creatures working with Adjusted Sector? Would be great
I had a look at it and the technical bit was more involved than I expected. Maybe, but not now.

Instead of checking phase system ID for flicker core, can you check the phase status instance instead?
Sure, done next version. I'll go with the vanilla style. Edit: this MAY create some issues with the time dilation amount being incorrect on phase systems that use a different mutablestat id. We'll see.

Hey, what's up with the Agni? I have a full fleet focusing fire on one of their ships, barely scratching it, while their weapons almost instantly get shields to a critical level.
I tried all kinds of weapons against them, they're way too strong.
They require a somewhat different approach, and I fully expect people's first encounter to be a bit shocking - they hit hard and fast, and god help you if you get caught by a web, but the creatures simply don't have the stamina for a slug-out battle, and will become very careful or even flee if you get their hull integrity low enough.

They have pretty large batteries of small kinetics that don't cost flux, but quickly run out of ammo if you keep them pressured, and the female cocoons can tank quite a bit of damage before they run out of charges - and then you're stuck firing "energy" damage at pretty high armor. If you have big hitters this isn't a huge problem, but if you're relying lighter guns like LAGs, needlers, or hephags you may be in trouble against the adults. Big-hit kinetics also work here, since it doesn't care about the damage type - gauss, hvels, and similar.

Finisher missiles like Harpoons and Reapers work great for cracking the armor, and give you some much-needed counterpunch during the initial assault.

Could scale them against players fleet's DP?
They already are scaled to be up to 125% of your current FP - do you carry along a lot of cargo ships? I know some players bring along like 10 Colossus. If so, then that's the issue.

I'll make it heavily discount civilian ships unless they make up a very large portion of your fleet. Trading should be exciting, after all.

Sorry, I sent the wrong message before. I apologize for my rudeness and carelessness. I just wanted to ask May I ask your permission to translate your 'prv Starworks ' into chineses ? then upload to a Chinese forum,sure,it's free for everyone
No need to apologize; I think I already answered yes? Either way, yes, you may translate the mod and redistribute it without charge for the chinese community, assuming that you maintain primary attribution to me (feel free to take credit for the translation and porting yourself, of course).

You may want to consider reworking flicker core again. In its current form its op in player hands. Its basically 600% time dialation on any phase ship for the whole fight if the player knows how to use it.
Flicker Core hullmod just might be a little too strong.
Yeah, it's too abusable. I like the concept, but getting the AI/player balance right here won't be easy. I may go with a cooldown of some kind, the more you use it the less it helps.

Kitbashed this thing together
Cool stuff, though I have no intention to add any dreadnoughts - feel free to release it in a separate mod if you want to.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 10:50:46 AM by prav »

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2022, 04:13:19 PM »

This is the mod that adds the Sindrian Lion's Guard variants, right?  I am guessing that because I see several very PRV-specific hulls in the LG listings, as well as the more regular midline hulls.

Are you going to maintain your version of the LG ships going forward?  Because in light of the recent dev blog, my reaction is
1) the planned vanilla changes to Sindria largely duplicate what you've done
2) except they do it deliberately worse
3) I don't want it worse, I prefer your implementation, which is perfectly reasonable and fits in seamlessly with the overall universe and doesn't get me muttering angrily to myself the way the announced changes do.  To the point that I'd gladly toss the Executor and keep the Conquest-LG.

Probably there would be some people who wouldn't agree, I don't know how much work it would be to break the PRV-LG out into a separate download or whether you want to keep it as a single package or what.

Anyway, for whatever it's worth, you have at least one vote in favor of a PRV-style implementation of a professional and competent Sindrian elite, rather than a clownshoes one.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2022, 05:48:26 PM »

This is the mod that adds the Sindrian Lion's Guard variants, right?  I am guessing that because I see several very PRV-specific hulls in the LG listings, as well as the more regular midline hulls.
I add a few prv-derived skins (eg Aska (LG)) in the same style that can show up if you're running the Ships and Weapons pack (or in some other way add the swp_LG_bp tag to a faction). I will be adjusting these with the next starsector update to show up without needing any other mod, and to match the new LG visual style. They won't be clown models.

As for adjusting the base faction, I suspect we'll be seeing both lightweight mods that change just the Special Modifications hullmod, and larger overhauls.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 05:50:04 PM by prav »

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2022, 04:34:25 AM »

Hey, I just wanted to say that I love this mod! At first I wasn't sure about the funky diagonal looking ships but they grew on me pretty fast, and all the unique and interesting systems and hullmods are great!

I'm huge fan of the fire weapons, especially with the hullmod that makes the fire explode instead of dealing DoT. It makes the Spatterflamer very satisfying on more mobile ships with a large energy slot (I used it on the Vale before uninstalling Tahlan). I haven't seen the Agni yet (been using Adjusted Sector) but now I'll have to start a new game just to see them >:)

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 02, 2022, 08:02:20 AM »

Prav, love the mod, especially the dangers that lurk in the belt and beyond. The two factions themselves took some time to wrestle with but damn if it wasn't worth that time. I thought I'd only like the prv but the rusters are great too. Especially if you want to do the whole ore miner thing to get started.

However, that said, I adore your doctrine changed mechanic and would love to see it expanded into a sub-mod that adds it to the original factions. Its so *** flavourful and just enormously charming.

Imagine the nobles on Eventide managing to flex influence over the Hegemony in favour of more midline ships in their fleets for a short time. TriTach "recalculating" against their perceived threats and expanding their capital ships to match, giving a focus on large ships in their fleets.
The pirates could be the push and pull of their various market bosses scheming in Kanta's ear, the Luddic Path getting a hold of equipment "sourced from generous donators".
The various worlds of the Persean league stepping up with an elite unit (s-modding a specific type of midline shipline into their units) and the Luddic church could be a wax and wane of the knights doing operations.

Its just so endearing to me, so I wanted to run the idea by you as a suggestion with some thought added! :)
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2022, 09:23:10 PM »

However, that said, I adore your doctrine changed mechanic and would love to see it expanded into a sub-mod that adds it to the original factions. Its so *** flavourful and just enormously charming.

100% second on this. I don't think any other mod does this and I love seeing the update messages!

On a similar vein, could the ruster syndicate mechanic spread to all the pirate communities? I think that is such an interesting mechanic. The only thing is that because of spewing out pirates, ruster colonies always have the piracy debuff -accessibility and stability. Or is this working as intended?

ALSO Visent should have shielded cargo holds! It's a smuggler freighter!

Your mod is a staple in my load order, so thanks so much!

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2022, 04:54:39 PM »

The Ludic Church export ship is amazing missle carrier.
3 medium 1 large and 1 build in slot along with a teleporter makes it really fun, i have 3 of them in my fleet.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2022, 11:20:34 PM »

Not sure if this is still being worked on but: The Kraka (and its sister launchers for different sized mounts) should have the DO_NOT_AIM hint. Because it does not have this, the AI assumes its a dumbfire projectile gun so seems to only fire at targets directly in its firing cone... despite the fact the projectile has ability to maneuver like a strike craft. As a result these launchers have far lower average DPS under AI control, as the AI will simply hold fire when nothing is in its firing arc as it would with other dumbfire projectile weapons.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2022, 10:19:06 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words.

Not sure if this is still being worked on but: The Kraka (and its sister launchers for different sized mounts) should have the DO_NOT_AIM hint. Because it does not have this, the AI assumes its a dumbfire projectile gun so seems to only fire at targets directly in its firing cone... despite the fact the projectile has ability to maneuver like a strike craft. As a result these launchers have far lower average DPS under AI control, as the AI will simply hold fire when nothing is in its firing arc as it would with other dumbfire projectile weapons.

I've tried both, and GUIDED_POOR, and the catch is that if I add that hint it ends up firing a lot of missiles straight into nowhere, assuming that they can turn much earlier than they actually can, and then the weapon doesn't have any missiles available for when they would actually hit something other than shields. I prefer this version. But feel free to add the tag on your end, if you prefer the other behavior.

The Ludic Church export ship is amazing missle carrier.
3 medium 1 large and 1 build in slot along with a teleporter makes it really fun, i have 3 of them in my fleet.

Yeah, it's getting a bit of a nerf I'm afraid; losing the free Hammer Barrage. As you've noticed it's... quite powerful.

Imagine the nobles on Eventide managing to flex influence over the Hegemony in favour of more midline ships in their fleets for a short time. TriTach "recalculating" against their perceived threats and expanding their capital ships to match, giving a focus on large ships in their fleets.
The pirates could be the push and pull of their various market bosses scheming in Kanta's ear, the Luddic Path getting a hold of equipment "sourced from generous donators".
The various worlds of the Persean league stepping up with an elite unit (s-modding a specific type of midline shipline into their units) and the Luddic church could be a wax and wane of the knights doing operations.

Its just so endearing to me, so I wanted to run the idea by you as a suggestion with some thought added! :)

I actually made a prototype for that early last year. But since no one seemed particularly interested in it at the time, I shelved it. I'll give it another look some time.

On a similar vein, could the ruster syndicate mechanic spread to all the pirate communities? I think that is such an interesting mechanic. The only thing is that because of spewing out pirates, ruster colonies always have the piracy debuff -accessibility and stability. Or is this working as intended?

ALSO Visent should have shielded cargo holds! It's a smuggler freighter!

The piracy is working as designed, more or less. Turns out that red-black anarchy has some drawbacks for trade and social stability. Note that the pirates won't attack Ruster or Pirate trade convoys, so some stuff should still get through - though maybe not in Kratul, if the prv's patrols are on the ball. As for spreading, right now it cares about if a faction has a functional War Syndicate, and good relations with the pirates. If I were to mess with it, I'd probably change it quite radically. Maybe some other time.

The Visent, hmm, it's something to consider. Flavor-wise the cargo module is supposed to be easily swapped...

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] prv Starworks v23 (2022-07-09)
« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2022, 10:35:13 AM »

DOWNLOAD prv Starworks v23 - NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE. Always delete the old version before installing a new one.

v23

Mora (LP), Broadsword (LP), Talon (LP)
- Moved to a stand-alone mod, prv Path. (download)

Ships: Kite (prv), Afflictor (prv), Shade (prv), Harbinger (prv), Gnejs (P), Eldsjäl,
Aska (LG), Eld (LG), Flock (LG), Fika, Middag, Conquest (Ryak), Sunder (Ryak)
Bounties: Friend of Ludd, Gudalik Trial Group
Missions: At the gates of HEL, Fasfasa
- Moved to a sub-mod, prv Extraworks. (download)

Added the Gissel (P)
- Large missile turret. Enjoy responsibly.

Added a high-end rare bounty
- Visit Hegemony bars once you're well-prepared.

Agni
- Agni did not look weird enough. This has been rectified.
- Reduced the intensity of several particle effects.
- Agni star systems may now contain small prv research fleets.
- Agni will no longer politely answer commlink requests.
- Agni fleets will now prefer slightly smaller ships.
- Adjusted Agni death vfx.
- Greatly reduced the strength of Agni salvage guard fleets in low-danger systems.
- Slighly increased the minimum size of Agni shoals in low-danger systems.

Bergtagen
- Sprite updated.
- Mount layout updated.
- Ship system replaced with Targeting Pulse.
-- Briefly increases weapons range and accuracy significantly.
- Added two armor modules.
- Flux capacity increased by 50%.
- Shield upkeep reduced by 33%.
- OP increased to 340.
- Deployment and maintenance cost reduced to 35.
- Credit cost reduced to 280 000.

Andesit
- Added a large missile hardpoint.
- Turn rate and turn acceleration reduced by 15%.
- OP increased by 20.
- Deployment and maintenance cost increased to 35.
- Credit cost increased to 250 000.
- Sprite touchups.

Fasvinge
- OP increased to 175.
-- Missing change from v22.

Aska
- Deployment and maintenance cost reduced to 25.
- Removed Kaja MRM Array built-in.
-- (LC) Removed Hammer Barrage built-in.
-- (LC) skin value modifier reduced to 100%
- (AU) sprite coloring adjusted.

Dominator (RB)
- Sprite touched up.

Flock (P-mod)
- Annihilator Burst Launcher
-- Burst size increased by 42%.
-- Ammunition count increased by 15%.

Gissel
- Sprite updated.

Gabbro
- Deployment and maintenance cost reduced to 10.

Gnejs
- Armor increased to 700.
- Hull integrity increased to 5500.
- Shield efficiency reduced to 1,1.

Gremlin (HR)
- Removed.

Munsbit, Munsbit (LC)
- Sprite updated
- Weapon mounts updated.
- Max OP increased to 50.

Tarsus (prv), Condor (prv), Gemini (prv), Kite (prv)
- New sprites.

Tystnad
- Credit value reduced to 34000.

Belt Blaster
- Sprite updated.
- Range increased by 100.
- Flux per shot reduced by 8%.
-- Flux efficiency is now 1,5.

Ljungeld
- Vfx updated.
- Pierce chance formula rewritten; net change should be minor.

Vakt Flicker Beam
- Vfx updated.

Gravkan, Gravpjäs
- Gravity blast area of effect increased 50%.
- Gravity blast peak force reduced by 25%.

Siege Akers
- Magazine removed, now fires a rapid 4-shot volley.
- Damage and EMP per shot reduced by 50%.
-- Maintains 360 net DPS.
- Recoil significantly reduced.
- EMP arcs are now more likely to punch through shields.
-- Previous chance was (hardflux - 0,5), now simply (hardflux).
- Projectile speed reduced by 17%.

Heavy Akers
- Projectile speed reduced by 17%.
- Damage per shot increased by 11%.
- Flux per shot reduced by 5%.
- Rate of fire reduced by 13%.
-- Now 200 DPS at 0,9 efficiency.

Akers Nova
- Projectile speed reduced by 25%.
- Rate of fire increased by 9%.
-- Now 150 DPS, maintaining 1,17 efficiency.

Light Akers
- Projectile speed increased by 25%.
- Damage per shot increased by 50%.
- Rate of fire reduced by 33%.
-- Net DPS unchanged.

Spattergun, Heavy Spattergun
- Recoil reduced.

Berguv MIRV
- Range (nominal) increased by 50%.
- Missile lifetime increased by 2 seconds.

SIPD Laser
- Vfx updated.

Intet Flickerbeam
- Vfx updated.

Missile Chaff
- Lowered the missiles-in-flight AI use threshold.

Gravity Shield
- Fixed a bug that allowed unlimited use of Gravity Shield for shielded ships that did not turn the shield on.
- Overloading a Gravity Shield will now cause it to go on a cooldown equal to its regular chargedown duration.
- Gravity Shield can no longer be activated while over 90% flux.
- Added a UI infotext for the chargedown state.

Flicker Core
- Now needs to build charge by spending a short time unphased.
- Hardflux penalty cut in half.
- Venting or overloading will now cancel the effect.
- Added a status info to track the core state.

Campaign
- Added custom intel relationship descriptions for the Rusters.
- Updated prv faction flag.
- Stjärngård system
-- The Works over Utbo has been downgraded to a Battlestation.
-- Strand now has a commercial orbital station operated by the prv.
-- Strand and Utbo now belong to the Independents. Formally speaking, anyway.
--- Market control remains with the prv.
- Added access to the Squall MLRS for the Rust Belt.
- Reduced the occurrence rate of Sinne frigates in prv fleets.
- Reduced the occurrence rate of prv export hulls in League and Diktat fleets by half.
- Debris Belt
-- Terrain tooltip colors updated to better indicate that it is a danger zone.
-- The encounter size calculation will now put much less weight to civilian ships, scaled based on the fleet's civilian to military ratio.
--- ie fleets with a few tankers will not attract attention based on their trade ships, but from the size of their military contingent.
--- But a large trade convoy may still attract a sizable pirate fleet.
-- Reduced the average and maximum encounter size slightly.
- Cleaned up Rust Belt ship access, now contains a much smaller set of unprioritized ships.

Industry
- Laboratory Complex
-- Now requires a commission for most trade.
-- Added a bar event allowing you to purchase some access even if you are not commissioned and well-liked by the market owner.
--- Still requires a relationship of at least Suspicious.
-- Fixed an error where s-mods on offered ships would sometimes not carry over between game reloads.
-- Fixed an error where installing an Alpha Core would increase commodity production in addition to improving the market selection.

Rare Bounties
- Added bounties for the Flock (P-mod), Ballebo, and to hunt an Agni shoal.
- Reduced officer levels.
- Ported all bounties to use the MagicBounty library instead of the Vayra's Mod interface.
- Some minor bounty reward and requirements adjustments.
- Added a cheatsheet, "bounty reference.txt", with bounty names and requirements.

Flicker Core isApplicable() now checks for hullspec.isPhase() instead of id literal.
Adjusted some projectile trail effects.
Updated Light Triple Autocannon codex description to match the new statline.
Fixed an issue that would cause the Tide Vanes hullmod to update weapon glow in the fitting screen.
Fixed a Tiger sprite alignment error.
Fixed a bug that would cause prv doctrine shifts to not persist beyond the current session.
Fixed a bug that would cause prv doctrine shifts to always have an autofit randomization probability of 0 or less.
Fixed a bug that would repeat a line in the Debris Belt terrain tooltip.
Fixed a bug where the Microburn (Fighter) AI would sometimes misjudge if it was facing the correct direction.
Fixed missing Conflagration glow color.
Fixed Berguv MIRV tracking description, now correctly states "Medium".
Fixed various typos.
Added a new rendering API for Spatterfire effects, bypassing a MagicLib regression issue.
Oklang (4), Down and Scale fighter wings now properly have the "restricted" tag.
Fixed Blåmes missile onhit explosion color.
Added a viewport check for the Karbid renderer.
Expanded the codex descriptions of the Fasvinge, Kvarts and Visent.
Increased the impact (mass) of Gravity Well mines, they will now push each other a little less.
Arc Smelter OP cost now matches Augmented Drive Field 8/16/24/40, net change 0/+1/-1/0.
Various polish.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 08:55:23 AM by prav »

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2022, 10:39:21 AM »

I've split off some content from the mod for being older, redundant, or otherwise just not quite neccessary. But since quantity has a quality all of its own, here it is:

DOWNLOAD prv Extraworks v1  - Requires prv Starworks v23
Ships: Kite (prv), Afflictor (prv), Shade (prv), Harbinger (prv), Gnejs (P), Eldsjäl, Aska (LG), Eld (LG), Flock (LG), Fika, Middag, Conquest (Ryak), Sunder (Ryak)
Bounties: Friend of Ludd, Gudalik Trial Group
Missions: At the gates of HEL, Fasfasa

DOWNLOAD prv Path v1 - Stand-alone
Ships: Mora (LP)
Fighters: Broadsword (LP), Talon (LP)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 09, 2022, 01:07:06 PM »

wew, new agni look funky! (in a good way)
Cheers!

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2022, 01:32:47 PM »

the new bergtagen feels way too symmetrical, but Overall a very cool sounding update, looking forwards to properly trying it out!
the lc aska losing the large hammer and getting nothing in return also hurts, but it was already turbo-busted, it deserved it

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2022, 04:02:44 AM »

good update, although i did like the old Bergtagen's assymetry a bit more. It felt fitting given it's nature as a scrapper ship and description.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25