Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.97a] prv Starworks v28.2 (2024-03-03)  (Read 330198 times)

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] prv Starworks v25 (2022-11-01)
« Reply #240 on: November 01, 2022, 02:36:56 PM »

DOWNLOAD prv Starworks v25 - Always delete the old version before installing a new one.

v25

Added the Shard Driver
- A large kinetic cannon of Ruster provenance which fires heavy shells that disintegrate into razor-sharp fragments as they travel.

Ande, Gast, Vålnad
-- Overhauled, maintaining the previous design spirit.
- System on all ships set to Phase Skimmer.
- Base flux dissipation reduced to 0.
- Flux capacity increased by 200%.
- Ordinance points reduced by -10/-20/-30.
- Hitbox size increased.
- Removed the energy weapon mounts from the Vålnad.
-- Pre-v25 Vålnads may retain a set of invisible decorative weapons. To remove them, simply use the Strip button on the ship refit screen.

Swarm Host
- Now sets max number of flux vents to 0.
- Every fighter wing will increase the ship's flux dissipation by 100.
- Every fighter wing will generate up to 250 flux / second, depending on how far it is below full strength.
-- Reloading wings no longer build flux.
- Overload damage rate reduced by 75%.
- Overload damage is now applied when the ship's flux level is over 90%, gradually approaching the full damage rate at 100%.
- Added a status info tracking the current flux buildup rate.

Intangible
- Any damage will be applied to the ship's flux pool before striking its hull.
-- This can lead to the ship temporarily taking overload damage.

Added the addSwarmHosts flag to prvSettings.json
- Adds the Ande and Gast to the prv's regular ship lineup.
- Defaults to false, requires a new game to take effect.

Flock
- Kråka Autolauncher
-- Will now keep "loaded" missiles flying in a holding pattern around the launcher.
-- When fired, the weapon will prefer to launch one of the holding pattern missiles.
-- If none are available it will fire directly from the magazine.

Eld
- Maintenance and recovery cost reduced to 12.

Eld (Diktat)
- Added Overdrive Adapter hullmod.
-- Increases maximum speed by 15 su/s.

Skata LRM
- Will now keep "loaded" missiles flying in a holding pattern around the launcher, unleashing the whole swarm when the weapon is fired.
- Can now be fired in any direction.
- Refire delay increased to 10 seconds.
-- DPS is now 270.
- Range reduced to 3000.
- Acceleration increased significantly.
- Agility increased moderately.
- Top speed reduced significantly.
- Added on-hit particle effect.
- Codex updated.

Punktskydd Cluster
- Flux / second increased to 300.

Sidensvans SRM
- Significantly improved orientation stage behavior. Will now reliably head towards the target from any heading.
- Slightly increased orientation period duration.
- Slightly reduced MIRVlet split kickback.

Diskordant Fighter
- Light Spattergun cooldown reduced by 33%.
- Light Spattergun range increased to 400.

Stillhet Fighter
- "Intet" Flicker Beam width increased by 66%.

Vakt
- Beam width doubled.

Brytare Rocket Pod
- Engine appearance adjusted, should now be easier to differentiate from Annihilators.
- Refire delay increased to 7,5 seconds.
-- DPS is now 200.

Gravanchor
- Attraction force increased by 100%.
- Pull particles will now track the target ship.

Ramshields, Arcfault Ejector, Gravity Anchor, Sensitive Shield Core, Buddy Recovery Unit
Flux Compressor, Hypergenerators, Temporal Core, Variable Axial Rotation
- Performance improvements.

Slightly increased Karbid hit detection range and frequency.
Tide Vanes and Flux Compressor hullmods now display a status info.
Reduced the AI use threshold for Missile Chaff when system ammo is high.
Added exact numbers to the short description of many ship systems.
Aska (LC) large missile mount now remains a narrow turret, as on the base model.
Added access to the Sabot (Double) and Ballistic Rangefinder for the prv.
Added access to the Light Triple Autocannon and Light Thumper for the Luddic Path.
Removed access to several hullmods for the prv
Improved the Arc Smelter tooltip.
Fixed a culling error related to Spatterfire rendering.
Fixed a typo in Ruster Syndicate intel.
Fixed a tooltip error when viewing the Gengångare hullmod on a station module.
Fixed Plasma Agitators not working on fighters.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2022, 02:38:43 PM »

DOWNLOAD prv Extraworks v3 - Always delete the old version before installing a new one. Main release in the preceding post.

REQUIRES prv Starworks v25

v3
Added the Enforcer (RB)
- Some structural changes mark out this Enforcer as having been constructed by the Rusters, enabling the otherwise primitive hull to mount some energy weapons.

Added the Mule (prv)
- Impressed to bulk out the prv's depleted merchant marine, these Mules have been given a quick refit before being put on hazard duty.

Conquest (prv)
- Hull suffix changed.
- Sprite updated.
- Mounts updated.
-- Pre-v3 Conquests may retain a pair of decorative weapons. To remove them, simply use the Strip button on the ship refit screen.

Sunder (prv)
- Hull suffix changed.
- System changed to Blåmes Countermeasures.
-- Fires two groups of light EMP missiles, which will target enemy missiles, fighters and ships within range.
- Sprite updated.
- Mounts updated.
-- Built-in Siege Akers (Prototype) removed.
- Maintenance and recovery cost reduced to 10.
- Ordnance points increased to 105.
- Armor increased to 500.
- Shield arc increased to 150°.
- Shield efficiency reduced to 0,9.

Fika
- Sprite updated.
- Mounts updated.
- Codex updated.
- Removed Civilian-grade Hull and Militarized Subsystems built-in hullmods.
- Maximum burn increased to 8.
- Minimum crew increased to 70.
- Fuel consumption reduced to 3 / ly.
- Fuel capacity reduced to 120.

Middag
- Sprite updated.
- Mounts updated, now has a broadside profile.
- Removed Civilian-grade Hull and Militarized Subsystems built-in hullmods.
- Acceleration reduced by 30%.
- Ordnance points increased to 230.
- Minimum crew increased to 180.
- Fuel consumption reduced to 8 / ly.
- Fuel capacity reduced to 400.

Wice111

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2022, 02:12:57 AM »

Do v25 and adds-on save compatible with the previous ver?

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2022, 04:16:12 AM »

Do v25 and adds-on save compatible with the previous ver?

Should be. I haven't intentionally broken any ids, anyway. But it's hard to test every corner case, so I don't really want to promise anything either. If the save loads it's probably fine.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 04:18:17 AM by prav »

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] prv Starworks v25.1 (2022-11-09)
« Reply #244 on: November 09, 2022, 05:56:17 AM »

DOWNLOAD prv Starworks v25.1 - Always delete the old version before installing a new one.

v25.1 - SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE

Fixed an infinite loop error with Skata and Kaja Autolauncher missiles when joining an in-progress battle.
Skata missile lifetime increased by 1 second.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 09, 2022, 11:54:51 AM »

Excellent mod, thanks for the updates!
Imo: The Fräsare medium energy (fragmentation beam, 900 range, spawns a bunch of fragmentation? anomalies on hit, 11 or 13 OP I think? Also rather energy efficient imo, at least as far as I can remember) weapon might be a bit too strong unless it was nerfed recently.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:58:38 AM by Dadada »

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 09, 2022, 12:36:24 PM »

Excellent mod, thanks for the updates!
Imo: The Fräsare medium energy (fragmentation beam, 900 range, spawns a bunch of fragmentation? anomalies on hit, 11 or 13 OP I think? Also rather energy efficient imo, at least as far as I can remember) weapon might be a bit too strong unless it was nerfed recently.

13 OP yeah. It is indeed strong, and it's intended to be a high end-weapon.

I'm doing a bit of an overhaul of the Fräsare/Svepfräsare mechanics for the next update, make them a bit clearer (and fancier), so we'll see exactly how the details shake out. Here's the WIP state, exact numbers to be determined later:
Simulator video
Stat card
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 12:39:42 PM by prav »

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 09, 2022, 01:03:37 PM »

Nice. I really like the weapon by being so efficient and strong, easily one of my faves. High end or not, if the goal is or was to be vanilla adjacent it would be far too strong imo, if vanilla adjacent balance is not the goal then I never said anything. :D

Damage, range, precision, energy efficiency, the weapon imo has it all.

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2022, 05:29:18 AM »

Hi, I think I might have noticed an issue with the Blast Heater hullmod, it doesn't seem to be applying it's stat bonuses at all.

The visual effect is present, with a light yellow glow on ballistic weapons at low flux and a blue glow on energy weapons at high flux, but the rate of fire and energy cost appear unchanged.

Timed it on a hellbore (slow firing ballistic weapon), no difference with and without the hullmod, 3 seconds between shots.

Used a plasma cannon for the energy test, brought my ship's flux up to near maximum (and with the blue glow on energy weapons) and still approximately 1600 flux per burst.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2022, 09:41:35 AM »

Yeah I caught that recently, hoped it was just some test build slipup and not in v25. Fixed next version.

Supereor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2022, 09:25:52 PM »

Spoiler question for this mod's version of the [REDACTED]

Spoiler
Do the Agni actually drop any special rewards, or just a bunch of commodities and their weapons?  I don't mind the challenge of fighting them, but if they're going to match the Remnants in terms of difficulty, I would assume they would also have a useful reward to match as well.  Personally, I was hoping the Agni stations would drop some kind of "egg" or some special item that would allow you to grow and deploy Agni troops in your own colonies or something.
[close]

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2022, 01:42:41 PM »

The unique stuff is the weapons, yeah. The dangerous systems are also loaded with mining and research stations, similar to remnant systems. Killing a nest probably isn't worth the effort...

I'm buffing Eyes a bit, moving them to +5% range on non-Agni, and no flux penalty.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2023, 12:35:22 PM »

Hey Prav, there's something odd wtih your special buildings, thought I'd share..

The Ruster War Syndicate Bar Encounter almost never spawns, tried it on multiple modlists, multiple characters, tried even with maximized relationships, it never spawns.

Any idea what could be happening? maybe it has a lower frequency because the RnD tech one at the prv labs seems to always spawn in the first time I visit it, Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 10:04:37 PM by RoquetheRogue »
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2023, 02:08:54 AM »

Hey Prav, there's something odd wtih your special buildings, thought I'd share..

The Ruster War Syndicate Bar Encounter almost never spawns, tried it on multiple modlists, multiple characters, tried even with maximized relationships, it never spawns.

Any idea what could be happening? maybe it has a lower frequency because the RnD tech one at the prv labs seems to always spawn in the first time I visit it, Thanks.

Sorry to hear you've had trouble triggering it, hope you didn't spend too much time hunting in vain. It's got a few requirements, the big one is:
- Player must have a colony.
-- Colony must be part of the Sector economy; I'm not sure it's possible to end up with a disconnected one, but it's certainly a corner case if so.
- Bar market owner is Rust Belt.
- Player relation to the Rust Belt is at worst Suspicious.
- Player does not already know how to build a Ruster defense station.

If these are fulfilled it should spawn normally, and it has isAlwaysShow flagged as true.

Maybe I should add some alternate condition for the colony, like colony or loads of credits or big fleet.

I'll add the bar event requirements to the bounty reference file so it's easy to look them up. Sometimes I wish the in-game codex was more comprehensive.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 02:28:22 AM by prav »

thefeint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] prv Starworks v24.1 (2022-09-10)
« Reply #254 on: March 06, 2023, 02:56:19 AM »

I'd offer to send you my save file but I already did a sweep of mods and started a new campaign, deleted the old save.

Perhaps I just had a really bad fleet set up. I don't claim to be ANY good at fleet design and weapon choices, but if my over a dozen frigates and half dozen each of destroyers/cruisers can take on the same size or even larger enemy forces and win in various (mostly pirate admittedly) combat engagements, I figure I'm doing okay. Suddenly I'm seeing a fleet less than half my size completely shatter my fleet and kick my teeth in with virtually zero losses.

What is the refresh rate on the use of the cocoon? Because there were several points where suddenly I'm doing damage again, get hopeful that maybe it was just a game glitch causing no damage then it seems like only a few seconds later my hopes are dashed and they're immune to all damage again.

FWIW I have around a hundred mods. It's a very real possibility my gameplay experience is completely saturated with sub-optimal ships/weapons/builds such that it whacks out my gameplay versus what these things were tailored against during testing. At the same time, they shouldn't be tailored against perfectly optimized builds because I would think that most players are mixing and matching like I do with all the weapons and ships and crap.

Yeah the Agni are a lot tougher than a typical pirate bounty; think of it as stumbling across your first Remnant Ordo unprepared - odds are it's going to end badly.

Cocoon takes 50 seconds per charge, starts with three charges, absorbs 4000 raw damage (no armor reduction, counts frag at 25%) per charge on the cruiser, 2000 on frigates. Comes out to something pretty negligible like 60/20 protection per second sustained, but the starting buffer is large - especially if it has an extra charge from Systems Expertise on the officer. I'll ruminate a bit on if it shouldn't have a longer cooldown between uses, right now it can be more or less be chained for as long as the charges last.

Correction: 4000/2000

"A lot" is the understatement of the century.

• Even the most basic Agni hatchling always takes control of your fighters. So if you are forced to fight a group with a carrier-heavy fleet, you're screwed.
  • There is no upper limit to how many fighters they can take over at once. So no matter how many you field, your fighters will become outnumbered, without fail.
  • They have no shields, but absolutely massive armor/hull scores, because multiple multiple salvoes of hyperlight tear & hammer torpedoes barely scratch the paint on even the most basic hatchlings.
  • Some of the Agni can simple absorb kinetic damage, on top of all of that?

Introducing a ship class with single one of those bullet points would be a challenge.

Granting one of those bullet points to all ship classes is absurd.

Granting multiple bullet points from that list to all ship classes goes beyond absurd into asinine.

But it's even worse than that! I didn't see any mention of 'Agni' in the mod description, so if - like me - you start a new run with more than 1 new mod including this one, and - like me - you have a run-in with the Agni extremely early in that run (the very first mission I took brought me to a system infested with them!), then you'll have to go investigating who is responsible for this utter BS.

It's such a great idea, but unless I'm deeply mistaken about every one of these details, the implementation of the Agni is ridiculous enough to throw into doubt every other design decision present in the mod, so I'm going to skip the rest of it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24