Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.97a] prv Starworks v28.3 (2024-03-11)  (Read 339364 times)

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] prv Starworks v21 (2021-05-08)
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2021, 08:46:35 PM »

Hey, can you add a medium mount version of the Spatterflamer?

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2021, 02:01:06 PM »

I'm surprised that this mod doesn't get more attention. The sprites have become truly beautiful over time and versions (the multiple color pattern types on prv ships look especially great!), it has fun weapons, the factions are well made and come a few of their own unique mechanics, and it has the hallmarks of a polished faction mod such as unique battle stations.

I wonder if the OP could be updated to better reflect the newer content.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Octavus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2021, 07:05:38 PM »

I'm surprised that this mod doesn't get more attention. The sprites have become truly beautiful over time and versions (the multiple color pattern types on prv ships look especially great!), it has fun weapons, the factions are well made and come a few of their own unique mechanics, and it has the hallmarks of a polished faction mod such as unique battle stations.

agreed, the improvement over time is very noticeable, a lot more personality with the ships now

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2021, 05:02:38 PM »

By this point, it's such a constant in my modded games that I tend to forget that not many people appreciate it as much as I do.
Cool factions in cool systems, cool ships, cool weapons, cool hullmods, cool Vayra's Sector bounties, etc. Anyone who doesn't give this mod a (second?) chance is frankly doing themselves a disservice.

Francis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2021, 07:57:27 PM »

Hello
I am a player in the Chinese community. Recently I've played your   mod which is an excellent work and Especially Ramshield is a wonderful design. I like it very much.

I think there will be many people in the Chinese community who like this mod as much as I am. Therefore I would like to ask your permission to translate it into Chinese and post it on the starsector Chinese Forum(link:https://www.fossic.org). Of course, once it's done, you will be credited and there will be a link to your original mod page.

I also sent a personal message on Discord and another on the forum.Wish that doesn't bother you.

Looking forward to your reply.

starmarco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2021, 05:17:37 PM »

Hello,
while the mod theme of the ships is absolutely awesome (and the ai using it very good), there is 1 flaw i have: the prv_gravity_shield shipsystem.

a flamma ("hullSize": "FRIGATE") can aoe tank a full missile-battleship for >10seconds already (while shooting back). the bigger ships (cruiser size) can tank a whole fleet of missile-battleships, basically being completely immune from missiles without crating a notable amount of hard flux (while also giving missile immunity to nearby ships due to the area of effect being even larger). (other super components have bigger drawbacks, for example: the special shield of the paragon battleship applies for that battleship only and creates hard flux while disabling all weapons for that time)

due to this, the hard flux being created by the grav shield should be a lot higher; the price for being immune to a full weapon class (this long!) is way to low.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2021, 03:00:27 AM »

Is the Ruster activity effect always -3/-50%? That's really punitive on the afflicted system, especially when there's no easy way to find the base (till a faction puts a bounty on it). The raids seem really large too, like old-style pirate raids.

Either way the condition name/tooltip should probably say that it's by the Rusters, I thought it was from Vayra's Stormhawks at first.

Lance

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2021, 09:10:39 AM »

hello, this mod is amazing and has very fun weapons. thankies!

I have a little problem with karka missile on hard mount slots with tight angles, they are never used by the AI while the salamander works fine. Is there a way to force the ai to use thoses weapons? It also seems to affect the opponents.

Note, it is not the only missile weapon added by mods affected by this problem.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2021, 07:03:51 AM »

Heads up that the Sinne system will crash the game in 0.95.1a. Stick with 0.95 RC15 if you want to finish a campaign.

Next update shouldn't be too long, I was putting in finishing touches as 0.95.1a released. No concrete timeline promised, mind.

Is the Ruster activity effect always -3/-50%? That's really punitive on the afflicted system, especially when there's no easy way to find the base (till a faction puts a bounty on it). The raids seem really large too, like old-style pirate raids.

Either way the condition name/tooltip should probably say that it's by the Rusters, I thought it was from Vayra's Stormhawks at first.
That's all Vayra Raiders stuff, I just put a line in a csv to be honest.

hello, this mod is amazing and has very fun weapons. thankies!

I have a little problem with karka missile on hard mount slots with tight angles, they are never used by the AI while the salamander works fine. Is there a way to force the ai to use thoses weapons? It also seems to affect the opponents.

Note, it is not the only missile weapon added by mods affected by this problem.
Fun to hear and they can be a little finicky yeah. I don't have any solution I'm afraid - I guess you could try the old trick of putting it in the same linked weapon group as a taclaser?

Godvana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] prv Starworks v21 (2021-05-08) [not 0.95.1a compatible]
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2021, 07:05:00 PM »

Looking forward to the update, I don't want to start a game on the new patch without this mod!

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2021, 03:44:11 AM »

Hi, can anyone help with this error?

Spoiler
5487154 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.F.getMoveSpeed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.MovingRay.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.a.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.a.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.spawnProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.spawnProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at scripts.shipsystems.prv_fracturer.apply(prv_fracturer.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.OOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2021, 08:18:56 AM »

Hi, can anyone help with this error?
Related to a 0.95.1a vanilla bug. I believe Alex is solving it next hotfix, if not I'll code a workaround after. For the moment the mod is not 0.95.1a compatible.

As a workaround, the crash only triggers when the Sinne uses its system, so just, uh, avoid battles with that ship. I don't really recommend this.
edit: You could also edit ship_data.csv to have it use some other system, like highenergyfocus in the meantime.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 09:14:38 AM by prav »

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2021, 10:36:16 AM »

What should I change in this "ship_data"? Could you show a parameter?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2021, 11:37:46 AM »

What should I change in this "ship_data"? Could you show a parameter?
I think he means line 15, which starts with "Sinne", replace the "prv_fracturer" field with "highenergyfocus"

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2021, 12:25:09 PM »

Didn't work... The game gets crash right on start. For now I just avoid killing their fleets) Thanks anyway)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25