Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Your personal modifications  (Read 15573 times)

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
Your personal modifications
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:41:07 AM »

While many of us use mods, many of us also make changes to the game ourselfs and I was wondering what changes community member make.

I personally increase sensor range by a factor of 10, so capitals get +1500 for instance. This really increased my enjoyment, I can see that something is out there but you can't determine friend or foe until it is closer or by guess work, it also makes the Easter egg hunts for derelicts less mind numbering as well.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:47:22 AM by Recklessimpulse »

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: Your personal modifications
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:43:44 AM »

Set the Luddic Path fleet ring to alternating lime/red, and made it so that all factions sold all hullmods. Makes it possible to get things like Converted Hangar and ITU early on.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 07:48:12 AM »

Raise combat speed from 1f to 2f.  Even then, 2f is a bit slow.  I would raise it to 2.5f, but then I encounter minor fidelity problems Alex warned about, mainly sounds not playing at the right time or at all at times.

Otherwise, I either refrain from changing the game at all or take modifications to its logical conclusion and turn my character into an invincible physical god that can crush everything like bugs in a blink (because that is fun).

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 08:19:51 AM »

Oh it depends. Minor things in my case.

- Increased number of personal bounties at any given time to 8
- since I think that at this point aptitude brackets are redundant and basically a point-sink I was raising level cap by 12, tho today I rather settled on consoling those 12 pts instead and applying to aptitudes instantly - so not really a modification but perhaps a hint for a mod instead?
- swapped brawler skin with the unused brawler hegemony, I actually made a 'mod' out of this lel
- since in general I think we should get at some point an elaborate restoration process, with choice of which parts we'd like to restore (and different parts having a different cost, based on logic) I'm usually fiddling a little with multipliers on baserestorecostmult i baserestoremultpermod in settings a little bit. But changes are incremental.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:53:38 AM »

Tripled ship prices and doubled non-economy items' prices, raised ship cap to 100, raised level cap to 97... Earlier I also "fixed" Ion Pulser, but it's in the main game now.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 09:23:17 AM »

I turned off the ship explosion whiteout so I don't get blinded every single later-game battle.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 09:51:11 AM »

Regen missile mod so far, but probably am going to increase bounty payouts too.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 10:36:39 AM »

-snip- ..or take modifications to its logical conclusion and turn my character into an invincible physical god that can crush everything like bugs in a blink (because that is fun).

Pretty much that, about 99% of that for me. It's the primary thing that keeps me coming back to the game as I can make standalone super ships and standalone super weaponry and boot up the game, use Console Commands to spawn my stuff in and later on look at the carnage I can inflict on my foes.

When I first blasted Templar ships to shreds/atoms and did that to the rest of the Templar fleets I felt a deep and dark satisfaction and to add insult to their injury, I did that with my visually symmetrical version with heavy modifications both texture and config-wise altered Dram-class that looks different enough from the default ship that I named my ship as a Dramlord and spammed my super swarmer launchers liberally at everything in their fleets while looking like something straight out of Doom's hell with red shields, hellish engines/engine color and a Hellbore BFG basically + natural Dram colors and features already adding the final nail while blasting AC/DC in their faces and mopping the floor of their home planet with the help of Nexerlin thus exterminating them for sure.

I've basically added Templars along with every phase ship and every teleporting ships to my extermination list which I used to create some properly heavy-duty overkill weaponry, so the moment I spot something on my list in-game I go all Dalek/Khorne and inflict my worst wrath on to them even when I'm not angry, great way to vent those nasty dark impulses out. :D

To put it shortly I prefer to keep default game intact as the only thing I usually feel the need to mod and alter is making different variations of weapons and ships, stuff that NPCs don't/can't use.
BTW, pardon my unusual nature. The game sure has me got hooked for over a month or two now with both playing and modding.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:20:00 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 11:18:16 AM »

I use 2 personal mods that more or less do completely separate things:

difficulty mod (slows progress, forces me to use minimal number of ships):
3x supply consumption, 3x fuel consumption and capacity, 2x ship prices
0.2x exp gain

battle mod (slows down ships and increases weapon range to what I consider more "realistic"):
disable fog of war
increase max zoom to 4
combat speed set to 0.5f
weapons:
- PD weapons get 4x range, 4x proj speed, 0.5x damage
- Missile weapons get 2x range, 4x proj speed, 0.5x proj hp
- All other weapons get 2x range, 2x proj speed
- All beams get 100x beam speed (they're PHOTONS, people!)
fighters:
- 2x max speed, acc, dec, turn, and turn acc across the board

this gives a (imo) more "naval" feel, where a battle line is drawn and ships slowly grind each other to death. Missiles are fast and dangerous (it's satisfying to watch a harpoon sail gracefully through the battlefield). Very few ships can dodge projectiles/missiles or outrun fighters (more realistic, imo). PD is made more powerful to compensate, ships are generally able to intercept a harpoon barrage from an enemy of similar weight class and, in a battle line, can form a PD network (or have dedicated PD ships) to defend each other from the inevitable harpoon salvos when someone gets high on flux
mmm.... tartiflette

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 11:23:40 AM »

@PCCL

The battle mod sounds interesting, I'd like to try it. Would you mind uploading it?

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 11:25:23 AM »

Yeah, I'd love to watch some of your battles under these settings.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 11:42:32 AM »

@PCCL

The battle mod sounds interesting, I'd like to try it. Would you mind uploading it?

I kinda agree with those gentlemen. I'm sort of intrigued of your changes PCCL. Played old games like NF1, so "naval feel" is right down my alley :)

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 11:45:14 AM »

Increased level cap, more powerful skills, increase AI officer cap, increased ship and fleet caps, increase odyssey stats by 0.2 shield efficiency and 10 OP, everything I've posted on the modding sub forum, custom save transfer, increased ORA flux dissipation to make them a harder fight, slight tweaks to some vanilla ships, custom imports of my favorite ssp ships, custom coordinated maneuvers plugin, custom station spawning command, probably more I've forgotten.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 12:27:22 PM »

here, feel free to give it a bash.  :)
mmm.... tartiflette

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 12:36:51 PM »

@PCCL

I kinda agree with those gentlemen. I'm sort of intrigued of your changes PCCL. Played old games like NF1, so "naval feel" is right down my alley :)

Same here kind of. My brain drew quite a few interesting scenes in space, based on what he mentioned. I've played Silent Hunter 3, 4 and the 5th game too, those games gave me the ability to efficiently guesstimate where the enemy goes and where I am and where the weapon I use should hit, a skill I've put to use since I started playing SS. Silent Hunter 3 is the game I spent most time playing way back then and I'm only mentioning it because its one of the rare few games along with some other simulators where I can somehow almost play without cheats, just like with SS now but with less overall hassle. Not many games can do that effect on me where I get motivated enough to try a new ship or two out to check out how well can I function with it when almost all hullmods are installed on it.

*notices the new post* Oh, thanks, PCCL. Gonna try it out, will be interesting to see how my Dramlord can function in a different game settings.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.
Pages: [1] 2 3