Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Merge Missions window with Comms Directory  (Read 1569 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Merge Missions window with Comms Directory
« on: May 27, 2017, 05:48:10 AM »

Every time I arrive to a planet I first check the missions to see if I can pick up any easy or especially lucrative missions on the way to whatever destination I am going. That requires me to:
1. click on the planet
2. click on the comms
3. click on the missions

And then to leave:
1. esc from missions
2. esc from comms
3. esc from planet

As both the comms and missions windows are pretty bare these could be integrated into a single window to get rid of 2 extra clicks every time a player visits a planet.

Another idea is to have missions window accessible directly from the initial planet screen or maybe first show missions and have personnel list be a expandable window as it is not that often when you need to sell AI cores or recruit officers.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Merge Missions window with Comms Directory
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »

I think it makes most sense to revamp the whole station interaction menus when the outposts mechanics are in the game. There might be a sleek way to unify all of these things then.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

ZombieM0ses

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Merge Missions window with Comms Directory
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 02:12:45 AM »

I think it makes most sense to revamp the whole station interaction menus when the outposts mechanics are in the game. There might be a sleek way to unify all of these things then.

Agreed; I was always under the impression that the port interaction menu was still in a first draft of sorts and that they would sort it out when they revisit the overall UX. After all, it's super awkward when I can't immediately compare notes in my intel screen when I'm still looking at the mission directory. I have to back out the the main directory and leave completely which is quite odd and sometimes very awkward or open the trading screen of all places and then view intel. I often find myself wanting to double check my existing contracts and see how close they would synergize with the offered missions and it's very cumbersome to do that at the moment.