Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: DeathSG Minimash V1.3d! Up for grabs!  (Read 130800 times)

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
Re: DeathSG Minimash V1.0!
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2012, 06:54:53 AM »

made a new one

A new one what? a new version? compatible with 0.51a?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2012, 07:03:47 AM »

In which folder?

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2012, 07:05:31 AM »

made a new one

A new one what? a new version? compatible with 0.51a?

He was replying to UpgradeCap regarding the corvus.java file. He's trying to get this mod ported to 0.51a, but it hasn't been finished just yet. ;)

On a side note, is it worth carrying on the whole mod pack aspect of this Minimash? With the fixed mod code, it seems that loads of mods are compatible with eachother out-of-the-box right now. Might be easier to just continue development on the custom stuff that is in the current Minimash. Then again, I am no SF mod developer myself so I might just be talking out of my ass here.

Kaerras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2012, 11:10:23 AM »

If we are taking a vote, I would still prefer mishmash to contain all of the modpacks it has in the past, despite them being seperately compatible. It is much easier to know that I have the newest compatible version by going here than by checking for new versions on every pack included.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2012, 11:54:04 AM »

If we are taking a vote, I would still prefer mishmash to contain all of the modpacks it has in the past, despite them being seperately compatible. It is much easier to know that I have the newest compatible version by going here than by checking for new versions on every pack included.

Not to mention easier to download/install/keep track of if it's just one big mod..

Harder to mod, but if you mod, I'm sure you know your way around anyway :)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »

It is much easier to know that I have the newest compatible version by going here than by checking for new versions on every pack included.

... assuming, of course, that all of the mod authors are in perfect lockstep 100% of the time, otherwise any given minimash will actually be behind on one or more of the mods

Kaerras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »

It is much easier to know that I have the newest compatible version by going here than by checking for new versions on every pack included.

... assuming, of course, that all of the mod authors are in perfect lockstep 100% of the time, otherwise any given minimash will actually be behind on one or more of the mods

The most important part of that sentence, to me, is the compatible part. If a certain part of the modpack is left un-updated, by it being part of the pack, I can assume it will work. The modpack may have to move beyond that specific pack, or even remove it to maintain updated status if, for example, a mod author abandons their project.. but I will still be able to assume that the most current version of Mishmash will work. Even if that causes me to miss out on a specific mod's update, its more important to me that the pack remain working.

Hope I am making my point clearly, after a week of midterms my brain is somewhat fried. :p

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2012, 10:19:25 PM »

well as I am given to understand, there is no lockstep. NONE. we've been adding factions and ships to stations, and adding our own ships. there isn't an easy way to do this. starfarer extended and tritachyon station mod both over write one another.
and now that we need to add everything to the already existing stations (because certain. nameless mods. overwrite sectorgen) .... it may be a while until we release the next version.
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2012, 10:22:23 PM »

we're also kind of proud of having one of the best mishmashed cap ships out there right now
it's actually balanced,
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:25:33 PM by medikohl »
"Watch me"

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »

each time i try to run i always get an error, ive been able to fix them all that far, took me couple of hour, but now im hittign a wall, as the last error i encounter, is something i dont know how to fix it

21870 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Compiling unit "data/scripts/world/SectorGen.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:205)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:157)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/SectorGen.java, Line 181, Column 20: Cannot determine simple type name "PirateSpawnPoint"
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9014)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:4631)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$10300(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$17.visitReferenceType(UnitCompiler.java:4442)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$ReferenceType.accept(Java.java:2020)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType(UnitCompiler.java:4476)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getLocalVariable(UnitCompiler.java:1607)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2226)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$3700(UnitCompiler.java:104)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$7.visitLocalVariableDeclarationStatement(UnitCompiler.java:2141)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$LocalVariableDeclarationStatement.accept(Java.java:1771)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2144)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.buildLocalVariableMap(UnitCompiler.java:2105)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:1946)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:789)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:770)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:464)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:357)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$3.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:312)
   at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:770)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:319)
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:288)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:203)
   ... 5 more

( sorry seem i cant make a spoiler D: )

that something i cant do, how to fix?

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2012, 03:06:36 AM »

each time i try to run i always get an error, ive been able to fix them all that far, took me couple of hour, but now im hittign a wall, as the last error i encounter, is something i dont know how to fix it

We're working on fixing the bug right now. pm that error list to DeathSG
also send him your fixes.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:10:01 AM by medikohl »
"Watch me"

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DeathSG Minimash V1.0a! MODDING PAUSED
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2012, 07:49:31 AM »

oh the fixes was just in the ship_data.csv and the weapon_data.csv noticed there was 2 file with the same name ( but one with a (2) ) next to it, check them both, and seen the one with the (2) had the modded ship, but the normal one also had the modded ship in exception of one, i just moved the missing ship to the ship_data.csv and same thing for the weapon_data.csv, then i hitted that last error oh well :(

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: DeathSG Minimash V1.1a! THANKS APOPHIS!
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »

Is it me or is the shipbuilders guild from More Weapons missing?

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2012, 07:01:03 PM »

Is this compatible with scrappers and more weapons?

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »

I think more weapons is bundled up inside of it.
not sure about scrappers
"Watch me"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19