Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: DeathSG Minimash V1.3d! Up for grabs!  (Read 130816 times)

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DeathSG Minimash V0.85
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2012, 07:12:50 AM »

Actually in my fights against the nomads they seem to work really well from a balance perspective while keeping a unique playing style and visual style due to their unique weapons. I wouldn't change a thing on 'em.

MechaLenin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2012, 01:01:21 PM »

DeathSG, would you be interested in adding my battleship to your mod? It's supposed to be faster alternative to paragon.

It's bugged and imbalanced ATM, I should finish it in few days.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2012, 01:12:11 PM »

would just like to thank Apophis for coding the the Bolter cruiser
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »

DeathSG, would you be interested in adding my battleship to your mod? It's supposed to be faster alternative to paragon.

It's bugged and imbalanced ATM, I should finish it in few days.

clean up the lines a bit, we'll consider it. it's abit off and compressed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:16:15 PM by medikohl »
"Watch me"

MechaLenin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »

Sorry, it's old pic I already corrected it. Was learning photoshop on the fly while making this :D

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2012, 01:21:11 PM »

don't forget transparency
"Watch me"

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2012, 04:39:35 PM »

Hahaha goddamn at this rate alex is just plowing the field for us to plant the best goddamn game ever!

*** loving all of these caps with flight decks! forget carriers hanging out in the back unless your fielding a dedicated fighter fleet, huge capitals slugging it out with a steady stream of fighters fighting over objectives to bring in more fighters to replace the ones destroyed!

brownbread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: DeathSG Minimash V0.9
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »

I love this mod, so much extra life added to the alpha, props to yourself and all the original mod creators.

Any chance you could include some patch notes with each update, you're tearing through them like crazy and it'd be cool to know exactly what's been added :)

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2012, 01:08:18 PM »

Patch notes would be very helpful, yes.

Anyway, if I switched from having Starfarer Extended + TTStation 1.03 to this, besides the other new ships what would be different exactly?

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2012, 02:34:37 PM »

The frigate carrier is down right silly, the entire point of being stuck with a big slow carrier is the ability to destroy the smaller faster fleets its a trade off. A frigate carrier has the best of both worlds and will tip the scales, when alex fixes the fleet speed it wont be so bad but as it is now if you want to field fighters theres more then enough carriers available.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2012, 02:40:39 PM »

On the contrary, you won't see a gemini or a condor being killed by a single missile salvo. I'm going to suggest to the boss we slow it down significantly to make it less capable of pulling the frigate kite trick, maybe decrease the armor some or take away it's PD capability altogether to force it to rely on it's fleet for survivability.
(Note, statements like these don't represent the oppinions or thoughts of of Deathsg, the mod lead. So there's no guarantee they'll be implemented.)

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2012, 04:20:31 PM »

Goddamnit why does the AI pull back when the enemy vents? its like OH NO HES DEFENSELESS! LETS DO THE HONORABLE THING AND PULL BACK TILL HES READY! that goddamn auroa mkII would have been mine had not my stupid captain pulled back and gave him time to raise his shields.

I'm also really hating the trek back to the gunner station to buy some proper weapons because some of the weapon combos are really crappy. Also there needs to be something done about shields, watched a sickle and tempest frigate duke it out for 30 goddamn minutes because neither could get past each others shields.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2012, 04:29:40 PM »

Thats not a shield problem, that could be just neither had suffieceint weaponry to actually get through the other's shields (like if one used it missiles all on a previous ship, or the ships are getting too high on flux trying to get the other too high.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2012, 04:54:10 PM »

I love this mixup of mods, it works wonderfully, which is why I really want to make sure mine is compatible. Initially, the primary version of mine will through a null error when run. However, with the compatible link, I think it should work. Anybody who actively uses this mod who could help me see if it works would be greatly appreciated. Thread ishere.

The ONLY change to mine I did was change the id name (and just in case, the file's name) of my mod so alphabetically it comes after every other mod. The reasoning for this is because your mod alters the SectorGen, and mine was probably being run while the original SectorGen was in place.

The simplest solution would be to make this mod not alter SectorGen, but extend it instead, but I don't know enough if that's possible, so I figured I'd try and fix it on my end :p.

I hope it doesn't come off as advertisement, I tried many things to get compatibility, and if it works, then that might be a good start to finding ways to make everything compatible.

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2012, 06:02:49 PM »

It's not possible because getentitiybyname is broken and won't work in gen files right now. So the best way to be compatible is to do everything with convoys instead, which is kind of a giant pain in the butt. After the next dev release that will be fixed though.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19