Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: DeathSG Minimash V1.3d! Up for grabs!  (Read 130802 times)

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DeathSG Minimash V0.8
« Reply #120 on: February 29, 2012, 10:20:08 AM »

Bolter cruiser carrier

[attachment deleted by admin]

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 29, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »

That is quite a bit better! What kind of armament is on that fighter?
two ion beams, and pd laser
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 29, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »

Can you get my mod into that mix? ;D i have added campaign support for my mod, so i thought you might want to get my mod in ;D.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »

Can you get my mod into that mix? ;D i have added campaign support for my mod, so i thought you might want to get my mod in ;D.
we've moved past the point of gathering new mods, right now we're focusing on balancing and adding selected ships into the mod. DeathSG is our coder, I've been the spritewright (I make pretty pictures of ships) and balancer, and Wriath is our technobabble writer/idea guy/co-balancer
"Watch me"

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2012, 10:59:30 AM »

we've moved past the point of gathering new mods, right now we're focusing on balancing and adding selected ships into the mod. DeathSG is our coder, I've been the spritewright (I make pretty pictures of ships) and balancer, and Wriath is our technobabble writer/idea guy/co-balancer
Seriously? and i worked so darn hard on it. Too bad. Just one more mod? ;D

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 29, 2012, 11:41:24 AM »

Seriously? and i worked so darn hard on it. Too bad. Just one more mod? ;D
right now we're duct taping four mods together, no time at the moment. sorry. I'll check with the others.
"Watch me"

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 29, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »

If you do, THANKS ;D

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 29, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »

Any chance of getting more information on what changes you have made to the ships and weapons you've compiled from other mods? For instance you mentioned that you nerfed the Scarab, do you have and notes on what you did and maybe your thoughts on why? (I think the Scarab is overpowered, so a nerf was probably necessary)

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 29, 2012, 01:32:01 PM »

The scarab had it's flux dump speed decreased, frontal shields, and was slowed down a bit, it's still great in an assault role against large ships, but it's not capable of tearing up frigates like kleenex now. Not sure about the other ships.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:37 PM »

what sort of ship should I design next?
"Watch me"

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 29, 2012, 11:12:43 PM »

A big capital! tired of just seeing the current few we have--a big battle cruiser with flight decks but not a dedicated carrier. I want to fight a battle with multiple cruisers+ and watch their burnt husks spin around.

Go here http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=4300022&_requestid=911966 it has all of the 40k ships in PDF format and is a great place for capital designs!

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 29, 2012, 11:23:16 PM »

I just made the parrot. has the decks in it
"Watch me"

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2012, 12:10:58 AM »

The scarab had it's flux dump speed decreased, frontal shields, and was slowed down a bit, it's still great in an assault role against large ships, but it's not capable of tearing up frigates like kleenex now. Not sure about the other ships.

If you feel these balance changes add value to Nomads, specifically, I can include the changes in the next release if you like; as long as the balance pool under test is comparable to the stock Starfarer ships.

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2012, 12:14:05 AM »

If you feel these balance changes add value to Nomads, specifically, I can include the changes in the next release if you like; as long as the balance pool under test is comparable to the stock Starfarer ships.
He is referring to scarab frigate of sf extended

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2012, 01:25:52 AM »

The dragoon, owl and the frigate with the 2 universal slots are goddamn amazing and works of arts. I have 3 owls and 4 dragoons in my fleet because their just so goddamn effective and versatile, i have sniper/brawler/energy dragoons and owls they actually survive! The destroyer that looks like a butt is also amazing but its to fast for its own good and i've lost a few when they get overwhelmed.

The dragoon is pretty much the definition of a fleet cruiser, it can survive on its own long enough for you to rely on it and it can run from anything it cant kill. Its PD coverage is beautiful and its turret positions and universal mounts mean it can literally fill any role that you need it to. The standard fittings for them are insane and no matter how much i see them i still get surprised by their fittings ensuring that each and every one is seen as a threat.

The owl is beautiful for its rear and front universal mounts--it can survive and fill any role you need and its fast to boot! I had a missionary of lud ship but that got destroyed real fast but i havent lost an owl or dragoon yet and i've gone up against insane tri-tachyon fleets.

The only frigate that actually survives in my fleet is the shepard which is hilarious, it has 1 88 flak, 1 assault cannon(both okims weapons) and another weapon that i forget but this thing has survived for months! The flak cannon is essential because it keeps the swarms of missiles/fighters off it and with extended magazines it has enough ammo to ensure it will last the entire battle.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19